NightHawk's Addon's Topic - Locked

Author Topic: NightHawk's Addon's Topic - Locked  (Read 24545 times)

Bump for those who may be concerned. Yes I'm still alive and well, and I have one more month of my 1st year of college before I'm out for the summer. When will I continue development? I'm not sure; I haven't been motivated as much recently to work on my addons for this community, but I'm hoping to find that mood swing again to give me the spark to keep going.

Hello again, I wanted to quickly inform that I'm out of college for the summer, but that doesn't mean I'm always free. I accepted a full-time job, and I'm working part time at another job as well.

However, what I'm thinking of doing is this: I'm going to plan on releasing EVERYTHING that I haven't yet as a beta.

Here's what I plan on releasing really soon:

(MK # Means the newer models that I've worked on)

Family Cars Pack
  • Suburb MK III (1994 Chevy Suburban)
  • Avenger MK II (1985 Chevy Camaro)

Other Vehicles
  • 2017 Blockstang (Just the 68' model for now, 3 more variants will be coming later)

What isn't mentioned yet is the Challengers. I want to get a couple of CVS parts done on the Modern Challenger first, and then it will be on your way.

Also, noticed on my changelog file that I have, the Hiro has a new badge, and some model/code touchups.

In exchange for releasing these betas, I need feedback on how to improve these creations--whether aesthetically or functionality. Please give feedback for what you think needs to be modified, and suggest parts as necessary!

Deal?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 07:37:31 PM by Night_Hawk »

Suburb MK III (1994 Chevy Suburban)
did. did i just- did i just see this?!

I do know you have been busy for a while, but I have an idea.

The Hiro is quite slow, and with all of the mods, it makes whoever is driving it look like a ricer (basically), so why not make a race variant?
(yes i was about to ask where the drift variant went but i don't need to know the reasons.)

I've been waiting for so long!

At some point when you have the chance, you should make some hand-over-hand animations.

I've been waiting for so long!

At some point when you have the chance, you should make some hand-over-hand animations.
Yeah almost a month later still nothing has come out..I'm sorry guys. But might as well respond to some posts here...

For which vehicles though are you saying h-o-h animations for?

I do know you have been busy for a while, but I have an idea.

The Hiro is quite slow, and with all of the mods, it makes whoever is driving it look like a ricer (basically), so why not make a race variant?
(yes i was about to ask where the drift variant went but i don't need to know the reasons.)
A race variant probably wouldn't be a bad idea for the Hiro, but I will say anyway that the handbrake needs a way to be animated via empties in blender 2.78, then it's a go.

i was thinking, have you ever thought about making an openable hood? maybe with the trunk you can get some help from GSF to make the inventory system compatible?

also, what do you think about a 5th/6th gen camaro being in blockland?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:48:03 AM by Darth C3P0² »

i was thinking, have you ever thought about making an openable hood? maybe with the trunk you can get some help from GSF to make the inventory system compatible?
Sounds a little complicated/complex to me..and perhaps excessive to a car, when finalized that needs to be spread to my other projects and whatnot. As far as operable hoods, it can theoretically be done via Interactive-Vehicle-Support..considering I use /garage.

also, what do you think about a 5th/6th gen camaro being in blockland?
I'd be down if no-one's doing it, but when I'll get to it, I'm not sure...It seems we're all starting to "fade" away from developing mods, and moving on in life. I don't know if I'm ready for this or not, but it's just...I don't know.

Something I do want to try though for the upcoming releases, is moving over to Teneksi's style of headlights/blinkers/brakelights/etc. Because if I got cars that don't have changeable headlights/taillights in CVS, such as the Blockstang, what's the point in having blinker animations where there's a nicer script to do so?

For which vehicles though are you saying h-o-h animations for?
Really any vehicles. It just feels right when there's h-o-h animations. Makes it feel like an actual car or something, I don't know :/

But it'd probably be great for driving realistically, such as in RPs and such.

if you have the threads for it, using animations is better than hiding/unhiding nodes

hand over hand animations look dumb. consider how fast the animation moves when using mouse steering. it'll look absolutely frantic

hand over hand animations look dumb. consider how fast the animation moves when using mouse steering. it'll look absolutely frantic

Well what if I'm not using mouse steering?

And even then, some people use mouse steering to steer slowly.