Author Topic: [Emote] Critical - Expanded (with minicrits and random damage)  (Read 5933 times)

Instead of hearing 1 sound from each type (hit, receive, mini), there's more than 1 sound to play, and it's entirely random.

Comes with prefs for enabling random crits, minicrits or normal crits, and the chance for them to occur when the user is damaged.
There are special functions to use in future code to check if these functions exist:
  • GameConnection::doMiniCritHitSound(%client)
  • Player::doMiniCritHitSound(%player)
  • GameConnection::doCritHitSound(%client)
  • Player::doCritHitSound(%player)
  • GameConnection::doCritReceiveSound(%client)
  • Player::doCritReceiveSound(%player)

In reality you only should use these 2 functions below for most stuff (these are events too)
  Player::doCritHitEmote(%player)
  Player::doMiniCritHitEmote(%player)

Example of crits used in another part of code, which basically emotes the image and the sound, and sends the client the receive sound:
%obj.doCritReceiveSound();
%obj.doCritHitEmote();

Download and enjoy (Emote_Critical)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 01:53:04 PM by Kyuande »

ah now we can simulate the full tf2 experience

Does this mean that a rocket launcher has the chance to critical hit all enemies caught in the blast?

Does this mean that a rocket launcher has the chance to critical hit all enemies caught in the blast?
Nope, I will think of a way to do this for next update

how about Emotional Crits

how do mini-crits occur?

doesnt really work well with the old weapons that used the old emote_critical

how do mini-crits occur?
Preference, I will include being able to set temp crits or have them a certain type for players regardless of what the pref is

doesnt really work well with the old weapons that used the old emote_critical
what do you mean? I am assuming because of few sounds it has are no longer the same name, I will see if I can make a workaround

If anyone can please post add-ons that have crit stuff involved so I can fix them up that would be great

Did we uhh... Need this?

So this mod forces any weapon (so as long as prefs are enabled) to perform random critical hits?