wtf is wrong with my screen

Author Topic: wtf is wrong with my screen  (Read 2489 times)

not possible, this gpu is literally a month old and it was fine up until today

it's gotta be something else, maybe the monitor

weird. could just be faulty hardware on the gpu's part that decided it was a good day to go haywire

do you have any backup monitors laying around anywhere? that should be able to tell you if it's your monitor or the gpu
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 02:17:40 PM by Khaz »

weird. could just be faulty hardware on the gpu's part that decided it was a good day to go haywire

do you have any backup monitors laying around anywhere? that should be able to tell you if it's your monitor or the gpu

no but it's not happening on my tablet which is also plugged into my computer

it's definitely either gpu or monitor but it's seeming to be more like a monitor problem. anything beyond that conclusion is outside of my knowledge of tech tho

you'll find better answers at a fry's electronics/best buy or online somewhere unless someone else here can evaluate it

also now that I see pics of it that is not what I had. guess i imagined something different from the description in the OP

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 02:28:47 PM by Khaz »

right side

left side

they're very stuffty pictures because I had to use my ipod but the right side has faint green lines every other row
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 02:26:05 PM by Tactical Nuke »

looks like a monitor issue to me

better photo

the green waves are not actually there, it's just the green tint on the left side

yeah thats probably a monitor problem

I guess it's your monitor

so I just switched the hdmis for the tablet and the monitor so that the monitor is going into a USB-C converter and the tablet is going into the gpu, and now there's absolutely no green tint anywhere

it's probably the monitor, yeah
this thing is what? five/six years old?

okay, now I returned everything to their original spots and there's still no green tint
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:03:03 PM by Tactical Nuke »

ive had my tv/monitor since 2010 and it still hasnt defected or died on me surprisingly. not exactly relevant to the issue but wanted to throw that out there

I remember badspot said something about vram could be the cause

do you have a loving magnet anywhere near your computer?