My best friend's dad will die within the next 12 hours (dead)

Author Topic: My best friend's dad will die within the next 12 hours (dead)  (Read 5948 times)

I have no idea what to do. She visits her dad every day now and I heard the news yesterday that his organs were failing. Today I decide to visit her and comfort her and all that. We spent the entirety of the day at the hospital with her and her family. I decided to take her to the mall and out to eat and stuff. At around 3, she decided she wanted to go home. Half way there, my friend's mom calls and tells us to quickly run back to the hospital, so I knew something bad was happening. When I got back, I was told that my friend's dad is slipping away and could die very soon, like either today or tomorrow.
I had a gigantic panic attack because I didn't want her to see me cry but I didn't want to leave her. It was honestly so loving heart wrenching to see her hugging her dying father that I had no choice but to cry in front of her and her family. I just want her to be happy and I'm super worried about her.

Need advice.

EDIT: 5:29 PM march 2nd, my best friend's father has passed away.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 04:31:27 PM by Sheepocalypse »

Stay with her as much as you appropriately can and comfort her. She will remember that as your best friend.

just do what you can do to comfort her. try to be as understanding as possible

Stay with her as much as you appropriately can and comfort her. She will remember that as your best friend.
^

Im trying. Me and her mom are communicating so that when I'm not with her I can get any updates. My friend is so distraught about the whole thing, obviously. Her dad didn't pass yet but once he does I'm sure that we both are gonna cry for the rest of the day but at least she won't be alone. I hope.

I called out of work for tomorrow just so I could spend the entire day with her. I hope she cheers up.

I just want her to be happy and I'm super worried about her.
white your heart is in the right place, it's going to be quite a while until she can truly be happy after this, and you should try to be there for her every step of the way. don't fool yourself into feeling like you're being a failure of a friend if she's in a dark place for a long time after this, just be a friend, and she'll begin to recover

white your heart is in the right place, it's going to be quite a while until she can truly be happy after this, and you should try to be there for her every step of the way. don't fool yourself into feeling like you're being a failure of a friend if she's in a dark place for a long time after this, just be a friend, and she'll begin to recover
Thanks for this. I was feeling kind of bad because it was like there was nothing I could do. After we heard the second news, it was super hard to stay together, for me and her.

sorry about that dude. it's horrible to go through it and trust me the only thing you can do is to look out for them the best you can, and if you personally know a really good therapist recommend them

'F'

yeah let's meme around when op lost someone.

sorry to hear the news. be there for your friend.

I mean F has become as normalized as LOL is for laughing.
But not rip, dont go around texting your friends rip.

Its called paying respects, sending condolences.

I'm not about to say "Sorry" cause that is the most empty thing you can say to someone who just lost someone.

I mean F has become as normalized as LOL is for laughing.
But not rip, dont go around texting your friends rip.
no it isnt youre just a sperg