Author Topic: Delta Bot & Panpour5's CRPG  (Read 14803 times)

PhantOS, loving leave. You've already forgeted over this thread like the other ones you've done this bullstuff to. Sure, you hate it, no stuff, that isn't an excuse to loving milk this bullstuff for 4 pages. Honestly, click the loving Log Out button.
You're cute

Going to try and get a codelock addon that can't be saved and cheated with onto the server sometime soon.

What's the purpose of code-locking? won't that just promote hiding drugs in impenetrable places? people should have a way to break into other people's property and steal their drugs, especially police.

What's the purpose of code-locking? won't that just promote hiding drugs in impenetrable places? people should have a way to break into other people's property and steal their drugs, especially police.

Working on bank robbery, ATM hacking and breaking in.

Doing this one problem at a time.

so what will the code-locking be used for, when you can just lock based on the owner's bl_id and add other people's id through events?

so what will the code-locking be used for, when you can just lock based on the owner's bl_id and add other people's id through events?
What's your solution?

edit: my solution would be to implement some sort of warrant system. It would work almost the same as the warrant system on Gmod DarkRP.
Police ask for a search warrant, it would be turned into a vote amongst all the online police officers, and if there is only one officer online he can't do a warrant. I feel like it should require at least 3 officers online at any point in order to start a vote for a warrant. In order to start a vote against a certain players' base, that player must be online in the server, you cannot offline warrant raid someones' house (to stop cops from going around and raiding every base). After the warrant is approved, the officer(s) go to the players' house and use the baton to break down doors or bricks (fake kill) to get to the drugs in the house. Different sized bricks will have different health bars, etc.

edit2: You can only get so far with code locks, i don't see why you are so against us stopping people from saving the map to see events. Saving the map and checking the events is pretty game-breaking and some can even consider it an exploit of the gamemode. I don't see why trying to fix it is such a huge issue to you.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:49:59 PM by Col. Burton »

solution? im just saying that adding code-locking is an unnecessary step and just adds more hassle for police to raid drugs. the whole purpose of code locking is to make sure people don't break into your property, and if you carry through with that you've basically severed the drug busting mechanic of the entire game

Codelocking is going to make it worse, will require more administration.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 03:50:37 PM by Kyuande »

solution? im just saying that adding code-locking is an unnecessary step
You can already make code locks with setEventEnabled, what's the difference? New codelocks would just prevent people from saving the bricks and checking events.

adds more hassle for police to raid drugs. the whole purpose of code locking is to make sure people don't break into your property, and if you carry through with that you've basically severed the drug busting mechanic of the entire game
my solution would be to implement some sort of warrant system. It would work almost the same as the warrant system on Gmod DarkRP.
Police ask for a search warrant, it would be turned into a vote amongst all the online police officers, and if there is only one officer online he can't do a warrant. I feel like it should require at least 3 officers online at any point in order to start a vote for a warrant. In order to start a vote against a certain players' base, that player must be online in the server, you cannot offline warrant raid someones' house (to stop cops from going around and raiding every base). After the warrant is approved, the officer(s) go to the players' house and use the baton to break down doors or bricks (fake kill) to get to the drugs in the house. Different sized bricks will have different health bars, etc.

Okay so i've been playing for a couple days and have a few suggestions for the server.

• Standard issued weapons are stupid, please remove it. The only jobs which should come with weapons are police, and it should only be a pistol. Giving criminals standard issued weapons (or any job other than law enforcement for that matter) discourages business. I was planning on creating a gun shop only to be discouraged after asking multiple people if they would buy if I had one, and also threw out the idea of a membership for discounted prices. Most people said they're job comes with a gun anymore so probably not. Well forget me and my business idea then right?

This idea would also stop random death match issues, criminals wouldn't continue the cycle of kill, die, respawn, kill. They would actually have to go and buy their weapons again. Oh and when you die you should drop your guns so other people can take them. Even better would be the ability to go to a shop to sell a weapon you picked up from a person for maybe half the price that it is worth.

• Labor should have a use. If you have ever played other City RPG's (notably Jasa's) you notice that lumber is required for building. This is something I would really like to see implemented. When lumberjacks sell their lumber to the state, it actually counts how much lumber is available. So say there is 15000 lumber available, the price will probably be low like $0.90 a piece, but if lumberjacks get low and there is only 3000 available lumberjacks could be making $4-$5 a piece because it is in low supply.

Another idea to add onto this is, instead of having people buy lumber from the 'state', have shop owners or another job like that, buy it from the state (depending on the supply, costs would vary) in bulk for their shop, then the shops can sell lumber at their own prices (kinda like how food and what not works). I highly doubt this would be difficult to implement.

• Self Delete Prevention. When a player is wanted have a system that checks for police in a certain vicinity of the player. So if there is a cop within 100 blocks of the player Self Delete is disabled. I used this to avoid arrest when trying to pay my demerits the other day. And when a player disconnects while wanted their body shouldn't disappear immediately, there should be a 5-10 second delay to prevent disconnecting to avoid arrest.

@Col. Burton or an Admin,

Could you please remove the tree (or just scoot it over a bit) on your lot? It comes into my shop that I am building by a little bit.

Server is bland and boring,
Host is quite sketchy as he withholds information from people (e.g me) about certain things because he thinks bad things will occur.

This CRPG is pretty much boring and generic, not much fun to be done here.

Self Delete Prevention. When a player is wanted have a system that checks for police in a certain vicinity of the player. So if there is a cop within 100 blocks of the player Self Delete is disabled. I used this to avoid arrest when trying to pay my demerits the other day. And when a player disconnects while wanted their body shouldn't disappear immediately, there should be a 5-10 second delay to prevent disconnecting to avoid arrest.
players are automatically arrested upon leaving the server you know

Server is bland and boring,
Host is quite sketchy as he withholds information from people (e.g me) about certain things because he thinks bad things will occur.

This CRPG is pretty much boring and generic, not much fun to be done here.

:cookieMonster:

I see you didn't complain about the server until I denied your admin application. I don't tell anyone why their applications were denied, it's just information that I want to keep to myself. I'm sorry that it makes me 'sketchy'. Sorry that you liked it until you couldn't be an administrator.