Delta Bot & Panpour5's CRPG

Author Topic: Delta Bot & Panpour5's CRPG  (Read 15116 times)

city rpgs should pretty much be history at this point. there are so many superior alternatives.

you know how two things like Mafia Madness and Super Murder Mystery exist? the former takes what is unique about the mechanic of suspicion and investigation and builds the entire game around it, while the latter simply incorporates it into the game and expects everything to work. This is why Super Murder Mystery is plagued by poor administration and mass RDM at most times- there's no intelligence behind the game, there's no way to solve the mystery unless you watch everyone with an eagle eye and see who does the first guilty thing. And if you get it wrong for any reason, you'll be banned because the game lacks any way of singling out potential offenders and offering them a chance to explain.

City RPG has the same modus operandi: there was zero intelligence that went into the design of the game. whoever made it sat down and said 'heres what i want to make' and didnt ask a single question as to how their final product would mesh together, or whether or not its fun. As a result you have multiple linked systems which have no bearing on each other and are mostly conflicting (ie gun sales and jail). everything exists because it can, not because it works. The only intelligent connection inside the game is hunger and vendors, which actually promotes building competition and such, but it falls flat due to the genericness of the products you can make.

Suburbia was living proof of how no amount of improvement on a city rpg is feasible. As long as you bloat the base raiders core gamemode with arbitrary score generators more than it already is, you only make the game worse. 'RPG elements' is the buzzword for grindy/waity currencies that have no limit, or no goal. The actual RPG elements can't be made with such a small development game. they require people to write complex characters, branching quests, meaningful customization and the whole works.

Mine was pretty decent (no drugs) but stuff got complicated real fast and I had to stop
How did it get complicated
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 02:11:52 PM by PhantOS »

i avoid mafia madness and murder mystery servers like the bubonic plague

everyone knows christian star trek rp's are the only good gamemode

City RPG is low intelligence and a grindfest but if you want something like that (I occasionally do when extremely bored) that's fine by me.

city rpgs should pretty much be history at this point. there are so many superior alternatives.

<cut>
I’m just going to start out with this. Shut the forget up.

If you don’t like them then don’t play, its quite simple. You continue to stuff in this topic about how badly they suck, okay cool. Then why are they so popular among the playerbase? People like them. Maybe not you, but others obviously enjoy them. If you don’t like them so much go make another thread, don’t go and stuff up this one.

I’m so tired of seeing people like you stuffting up others server threads simply because they don’t like the content. Leave a post about it and begone, don’t continue to lurk and derail the thread for people who actually care about it.

If you ask me people need to be more respectful to hosts who care enough to even host on this game anymore, even if it’s not their cup of tea, everyone knows we need more like them.

I’m just going to start out with this. Shut the forget up.

If you don’t like them then don’t play, its quite simple. You continue to stuff in this topic about how badly they suck, okay cool. Then why are they so popular among the playerbase? People like them. Maybe not you, but others obviously enjoy them. If you don’t like them so much go make another thread, don’t go and stuff up this one.

I’m so tired of seeing people like you stuffting up others server threads simply because they don’t like the content. Leave a post about it and begone, don’t continue to lurk and derail the thread for people who actually care about it.

If you ask me people need to be more respectful to hosts who care enough to even host on this game anymore, even if it’s not their cup of tea, everyone knows we need more like them.
1) this is a public forum. Nothing you make share or Express is exempt from criticism. I basically broke down in detail why cityrpg sucks and all you've managed to say is 'uuuhhhh no... U suck!' so shut the forget up and think of one aspect that is unique and good about the gamemode compared to all others in existence. Maybe, just maybe, if you manage to find one, I'll humor you. Until then you're nobody

2) they're so popular amongst the player base for the same reason your server is popular, or five nights at Freddy's is popular, or diaper special interestes: the majority of people are braindead idiots, there's nothing better to do, or both. Popularity doesn't mean that something is a flawless creation of God and anyone who criticizes it an agent of the devil

3)'if you don't like something than leave, stop stuffting it up' - teenager who sits on a stack of alts and banned accounts higher than his ego can take

4) anyone can host a server. nobody deserves a medal for pressing a start server button. Not everyone, though, can host a good functional minimally flawed server. since 99% of people do not fall into the latter category, 99% of people should be ready to receive criticism.

5) nobody needs another cityrpg. absolutely nobody ever in the history of all creation has needed a cityrpg hosted. they only exist because someone with minimal creativity wants to cheap out and choose the most low maintanence and dumbest gamemode next to freebuilding
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 05:53:32 PM by PhantOS »

Man this look great been waiting for a cityrpgg for a while, can't wait to play.

-giant snip-

I wanted this to be a thread discussing my server, but you've made it a rant about how you want to strangle CRPG to death like it's your worst enemy. You could have stopped at the first 3 posts you made about how you hated it, but now it's gone on for way too long. Can you please stop? I wanted this thread to be a positive discussion. If you want to exercise your freedom of opinion on this forum, can you please just make your own thread about the problems you see in CRPG instead of arguing about it here? Thank you.

Jesus christ you are a giant sack of stuff of a person. Yeah, its a public forum, but there is no reason to stuff on peoples effort to make an enjoyable server for people, maybe not you, but others. As for the rest of your elitest, douchebag comments you made toward myself and the rest of the community as a whole, you’re a much bigger elitest starfish than I ever thought you out to be. Really, the entire community is braindead idiots? How much of an simple minded richard do you need to be to think that? Just because they enjoy playing something you hate with such a passion doesn’t make them braindead. As for you trying to invalidate all my points because I sit on a bunch of alts? Bravo 👏.  What an argument.

How about you host a “minimally flawed” perfect server? I don’t see you hosting jack stuff, forgeto. All I see you doing is sitting around kickin rocks.

As for the “low maintenance” comment, I can assure you City RPG’s are anything but low maintenance or effort. They are extremely difficult to host and maintain.

friendly reminder that phantos does this in a lot of threads he visits; he did it a few weeks ago in the metroid prime 4 thread and in several others at the same time

he loves to derail and incessantly criticize

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=317082.msg9794324#msg9794324
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 06:46:25 PM by Planr »

friendly reminder that phantos does this in a lot of threads he visits; he did it a few weeks ago in the metroid prime 4 thread and in several others at the same time

he loves to derail and incessantly criticize

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=317082.msg9794324#msg9794324
That’s because his brain is incapable of processing the fact other people like things he doesn’t.

it doesn't surprise me how much phantos is a richard about his own opinions on subjects

on the other hand i did join and as expected another iban edit (at least the issues are mostly fixed!), grinding for a good amount of time just to get a job, accidentally shoot people and then you cannot be a cop again, just the usual, this server is great for anyone that wants to mess with other people and go on genocides, definitely not going to be a part of it

the build is pretty cool too but it's just the gamemode being most of the problem, i haven't watched any admins solve issues (i never reported any and either did anyone) so i cannot judge the admins but i bet they're good based on what i have seen so far
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:52:42 PM by Kyuande »

2) they're so popular amongst the player base for the same reason your server is popular, or five nights at Freddy's is popular, or diaper special interestes: the majority of people are braindead idiots, there's nothing better to do, or both.

What a great guy.

-snipadoo-

There've been multiple fixes since the first night of the launch, but I didn't want to shut the server down when there were so many people on. Tonight I hope to roll out another patch, and throw HatMod in.

-snip-
hopefully you can fix the moderator thing as well so it keeps me as one instead of making me a mod every time i join the server