Author Topic: Delta Bot & Panpour5's CRPG  (Read 15181 times)

:cookieMonster:

I see you didn't complain about the server until I denied your admin application. I don't tell anyone why their applications were denied, it's just information that I want to keep to myself. I'm sorry that it makes me 'sketchy'. Sorry that you liked it until you couldn't be an administrator.

I was intending on posting about the crpg, just didn't feel like it until now.
I'm not angry about the admin app, like you think I am (for some reason??), the only thing I'm mildly upset about is how you're keeping information from me that would benefit me in the future.

Literally butthurt because you were not admined. If it was such a bland server why would you want admin?

Standard issued weapons are stupid, please remove it. The only jobs which should come with weapons are police, and it should only be a pistol. Giving criminals standard issued weapons (or any job other than law enforcement for that matter) discourages business. I was planning on creating a gun shop only to be discouraged after asking multiple people if they would buy if I had one, and also threw out the idea of a membership for discounted prices. Most people said they're job comes with a gun anymore so probably not. Well forget me and my business idea then right?
Exec is working on adding the Complex Weapons pack to the server, as well as making low edu criminial jobs spawn with no weapons, or a melee. Ammunition will also be available for sale, seeing as everyone will need to purchase it in order for their weapons to even fire. High edu crim jobs will spawn with a pistol, nothing automatic, and will still need to purchase ammunition.

Labor should have a use. If you have ever played other City RPG's (notably Jasa's) you notice that lumber is required for building. This is something I would really like to see implemented. When lumberjacks sell their lumber to the state, it actually counts how much lumber is available. So say there is 15000 lumber available, the price will probably be low like $0.90 a piece, but if lumberjacks get low and there is only 3000 available lumberjacks could be making $4-$5 a piece because it is in low supply.

I can see where you are getting at with this, but this server seems to have a low amount of players as is, and an even lower amount of lumberjacks. I don't see how this would work in this server.

Self Delete Prevention. When a player is wanted have a system that checks for police in a certain vicinity of the player. So if there is a cop within 100 blocks of the player Self Delete is disabled. I used this to avoid arrest when trying to pay my demerits the other day. And when a player disconnects while wanted their body shouldn't disappear immediately, there should be a 5-10 second delay to prevent disconnecting to avoid arrest.
In my server, I set Self Delete to be disabled, nobody could commit Self Delete no matter what. It kinda saved the whole "coding in a vicinity check" thing. Only issue would be there is no administration on at most points, and if there is they are AFK. I believe there should be an active administrator on at any given time, and that's not easy for this server seeing as they have 3 admins.

Literally butthurt because you were not admined. If it was such a bland server why would you want admin?
Not butthurt at all about being denied as an admin, I actually /expected it and was ready to accept that/.
I just wanted to know /why/ as that'd help me improve in the /future/, not so hard to understand is it?
Also I found it bland a day or two after I made my admin app fyi.
Stop defending the server and forcing actions I have no done upon me just because you're an admin there.

Not butthurt at all about being denied as an admin, I actually /expected it and was ready to accept that/.
I just wanted to know /why/ as that'd help me improve in the /future/, not so hard to understand is it?
Also I found it bland a day or two after I made my admin app fyi.
Stop defending the server and forcing actions I have no done upon me just because you're an admin there.
There's an italics thing you can use instead of putting everything inside forward slashes. Also, Glass isn't an administrator on the server, and for the record neither am I.

Exec is working on adding the Complex Weapons pack to the server, as well as making low edu criminial jobs spawn with no weapons, or a melee. Ammunition will also be available for sale, seeing as everyone will need to purchase it in order for their weapons to even fire. High edu crim jobs will spawn with a pistol, nothing automatic, and will still need to purchase ammunition.

I can see where you are getting at with this, but this server seems to have a low amount of players as is, and an even lower amount of lumberjacks. I don't see how this would work in this server.
In my server, I set Self Delete to be disabled, nobody could commit Self Delete no matter what. It kinda saved the whole "coding in a vicinity check" thing. Only issue would be there is no administration on at most points, and if there is they are AFK. I believe there should be an active administrator on at any given time, and that's not easy for this server seeing as they have 3 admins.

Self Delete being disabled is a bad idea imo, i've gotten stuck plenty of times and would not like that at all especially when there is no admin around. The Self Delete method I suggested would be a much better idea albeit more work.

And the whole point of the lumber system would be to encourage people to do the job. If no one did it prices of lumber would skyrocket, which in turn would give people a massive incentive if they knew they could earn as much as $8 a piece because no one else was doing it.

Also another idea that I believe is an absolute necessity for the server, Safes.

Currently there is no way to store things such as items, drugs, or money (aside from bank). But there should be something like this (this is just my vision).
Small Safe.

Cost: $1000
Can Store: $5000, 1 item, 50 grams of drugs.

Large Safe.

Cost: $5000
Can Store: $15000, 4 Items, 200 grams of drugs.

Commercial Safe.

Cost: $8500

Can Store: $30,000 10 Items, 1000 grams of drugs.

I don't know, could probably just make do with the 2 first ones, i'm just spit-balling ideas. But if anything I think there needs to be at least a small safe available, that way you can store your guns that you buy, rather than always risking having it on you.

Self Delete being disabled is a bad idea imo, i've gotten stuck plenty of times and would not like that at all especially when there is no admin around. The Self Delete method I suggested would be a much better idea albeit more work.
I see where you are coming from, i have no idea how to do it but from you saying that thing about being stuck i can see that it would work better with the range of cops or something.

And the whole point of the lumber system would be to encourage people to do the job. If no one did it prices of lumber would skyrocket, which in turn would give people a massive incentive if they knew they could earn as much as $8 a piece because no one else was doing it.
Unless lumber prices varied based on demand, I don't see anyone wanting to do an EDU 0 job just to help other people.

also to your trees post, i will move them back one, thanks for letting me know

There's an italics thing you can use instead of putting everything inside forward slashes. Also, Glass isn't an administrator on the server, and for the record neither am I.
Yeah I mis-interpreted, there's an admin on Delta's named Glass.

there's an admin on Delta's named Glass.
But Glass isn't an admin, he's a moderator

He showed up as an A, not a M on glass' preview system.
So either his admins are "mods" or his mods are able to access admin menu.
Plus, he is still staff of the server.

wait when did he become a moderator

Yes, I do have Moderators. Those people whose names say (M) under Administration.

Sorry about the bugs everyone, apparently I had two dedicated servers running, one with the fixes and one without. I thought the server had been down for maintenance this whole time

Okay, I normally don't go on Blockland anymore (or as much as I used to), but I wanted to comment because of all the hate comments I've seen and CityRPG is trash (but good trash) lol. I know that a lot of us aspired to make a difference in the gamemode but honestly, let's just be real and stop posting on the threads like if our version is finally "the one". Just announce your server and if anyone wants to get on it thats cool, but I think the thing that turns people off is the attitude that "your's if finally the legit new one". In reality we all know that it's most likely that this gamemode was downloaded on mediafire and was just tweaked a bit lol. No hate, because I host CRPG too when I feel like it, it's stupid, but fun when you just want to mess around. It gets boring too quickly so thats the bad part about it, so maybe try to add something more to the server to keep it from going stale. Maybe I'll plan to make a server again.

Hey, I would like to suggest adding a rule:
Do not use cheats, glitches, external software, or client-sided add-ons to gain an advantage over other players.

Something like that would certainly make it clear that players are meant to only use in-game tools to accomplish their means.
This was not clear to me, and I suffered because of it.

Also, I saw a criminal get banned today for killing a miner who was running from the mine to the bank with a big load of money.
It sure sucks for the miner to lose a bunch of money, but isn't that what criminals are supposed to do?  It looked to me like something the police should handle.