which is better

iphones
18 (25.7%)
samsung phones
35 (50%)
neither
17 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: iphones vs samsung phones - phone debate  (Read 5711 times)

Phones suck. They should only be for calls, music, and "emergency internet".

you can buy like 3 playstation 4 slims with that money
Like I would buy those overpriced pieces of trash. The xbox one is the only console these days that is actually worth its salt. No self-proclaimed "tech guru" such as yourself would ever speak of a PS4 in a positive light

i have an iphone and i didnt pay a grand nor do i have to charge my headphones so i dont really know what simpleton is going on about

anyone buying $1000 phones should be sent to a wealth management class regardless of phone brand

i'm currently an iPhone user with a 6S+. after using my friend's Google Pixel 1, i'm almost considering switching to a Pixel 2 or OnePlus phone. i didn't know it was possible to scroll through the YouTube app without framedrops.

i have an iphone and i didnt pay a grand nor do i have to charge my headphones so i dont really know what simpleton is going on about
iphone x
Like I would buy those overpriced pieces of trash. The xbox one is the only console these days that is actually worth its salt. No self-proclaimed "tech guru" such as yourself would ever speak of a PS4 in a positive light
i didnt say ps4 was good i was doing a price comparison
i didnt say im a tech guru either
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 09:52:44 AM by simpletonnn »

Why iPhone vs Samsung when there are countless Android manufacturers?
Why not iPhone vs Android?

I use a Nexus 6 right now. I've always preferred stock Android over the things Samsung does

iPhone lacks tons of stuff such as the ability to download, unzip, edit and move files. It's also missing expandable storage, a headphone jack, the ability to share files with other devices via bluetooth, NFC, easy third party app install, the ability to easily disable or uninstall 'default' apps, connection to multiple bluetooth devices, and if someone logs in with a different apple id and installs an app on your phone, you need their password to remove it! Apple's storage upgrades are overpriced for the amount of storage your upgrading to. While the iOS platform is very lightweight and user friendly, there's no way i sacrifice the freedom the android gives me.
iPhone just has a higher social value as a fashion accessory.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 09:07:42 AM by The Brighter Dark »

^^^^^

apple devices are specifically made to appeal to the lowest common denominator when it comes to smartphone and computer consumers.
you know, the kind of people who know nothing about how to actually use a computer (eg. storage functions, zipping and editing files).
their whole consumer base is basically just brain-dead teenage girls, effeminate cucklords, soccer moms, and grandparents

apple thots spending all their back-patting efforts gimping up their device, so it can barely do what android devices had no issues already doing.

hackerman.jpg

This argument has been fading away the longer that time passes

Nowdays in terms of speed and functionality both iOS and Android are pretty on par. Main difference is that iOS is dead simple and you can't forget it up while Android offers complete customization.

i just don't like iphones in general, i find them really dumbed down / limited in terms of what you can do with them. i also want a headphone jack in my phone (yes, i actually do use a headphone jack in 2018) and i don't want to worry about messing with dongles. android can be extensively customized, and it can run apps that are not from the app store. to get that kind of customization on an iphone, you'd need to void the warranty by jailbreaking it, and that jailbreak won't play nice when apple updates iOS. when an android device stops getting official updates, i can root it, install a custom ROM, and continue to get an up to date experience. meanwhile, if apple decides to stop updating your older model of iphone, you're screwed.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:18:07 PM by Mr Queeba »

Honestly im more of the type of guy that uses a tablet for a portable everything device. And im not talking pusillanimous individual-ass IPad stuff. Im talking something that isnt just a phone but bigger, like a Surface tablet. However, smartphones do have better telephone mechanisms than tablets. No competition there.