Author Topic: Playable Instruments  (Read 33817 times)

Are there files for the songs I've saved? If so where can I find them in my Blockland folder?

config/client/instruments/ and config/server/instruments/

config/client/instruments/ and config/server/instruments/
Thanks for the reply, I found a bug(?) and thought I would report it here, maybe its just my end though. Whenever I save a song to my server, sometimes it doesn't show up but is still considered "there". Whenever I try to save the file again it tells me the file already exists and doesn't show up in the songs list. Basically I can never actually load the song or save it again.

That shouldn't be happening, and it's never happened all the times I've used it.  Maybe it's a conflicting add-on?  Either way, if it's just something that happens sometimes and there are no reproducible steps to get the bug to happen, there's not much I can really do about it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:47:41 PM by Electrk.. »

if it's just something that happens sometimes and there are no reproducible steps to get the bug to happen, there's not much I can really do about it.
It happens every time I try to do it, here's an example. Also, it doesn't actually save, thank god I saved it to my local files or I would've lost 3 hours of work.

sounds like a write permissions issue

sounds like a write permissions issue
...so how would i fix it

Maybe it shouldn't say it was successful if it wasn't. Just so people don't end up losing stuff.
Just check if isFile or something.

...so how would i fix it

Check the security settings on the various file folders and make sure it allows writing

Maybe it shouldn't say it was successful if it wasn't. Just so people don't end up losing stuff.
Just check if isFile or something.

Just pushed an update

1.0.3 to 1.0.4
  • Error message now gets displayed when files fail to save properly

Check the security settings on the various file folders and make sure it allows writing
The files I save are there, It just looks like the GUI Isn't showing some of them in the server songs list. Any way I could fix that?

The files I save are there, It just looks like the GUI Isn't showing some of them in the server songs list. Any way I could fix that?
-snip-

I really don't know as I've never encountered this error before.  Maybe try navigating back to the root folder in the file browser (the two periods .. at the top) and then back to songs?

I really don't know as I've never encountered this error before.  Maybe try navigating back to the root folder in the file browser (the two periods .. at the top) and then back to songs?
I've tried that every time it saves, i've tried closing and opening the GUI, navigating to different files in the GUI, nothing changes.

Any console errors on the client or the server?