Which game are you most excited for?

FALLOUT 76
31 (42.5%)
THE ELDER SCROLLS IV
27 (37%)
STARFIELD
15 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: FALLOUT 76 THREAD | THE FINAL FALLOUT MEGATHREAD  (Read 42000 times)

i don't understand why games are being made online-only. in 10 years the servers will be down for the game and you'll just be stuck with the disc unable to play the game.

Because it literally costs millions to make a single player story that no one plays.

Give your thanks to call of duty. Even the most generic linear lame ass story costs millions to make because the demand for high ass graphics is pushing games to become more expensive. And no one plays singleplayer anyways

after watching the noclip documentary, i actually regret my last post as a lot of questions/concerns were answered. im pretty excited for FO76 now, can't wait for november
i'll lick the dust off of todd howard's nuts

Because it literally costs millions to make a single player story that no one plays.
wouldn't having to keep up servers for, as todd said at e3, "years to come", be more expensive?

wouldn't having to keep up servers for, as todd said at e3, "years to come", be more expensive?

No.

Because also unlike singleplayer, multiplayer rakes in more loving cash with all those micro transactions.

And no one plays singleplayer anyways
Cod games cost twice as much as beth games and cods overall sales range from barely passing to less overall sales. Beth games can still be found on shelves at full price 5 years after theyve been released.
GTA5 had 40+ million sales before anyone even cared about gta online

And why are bethesda games still loving full price?

Because they want more money.

Sorry you cant afford a 60 dollar game. :(

i don't understand why games are being made online-only. in 10 years the servers will be down for the game and you'll just be stuck with the disc unable to play the game.

This applies to any single player game that has drm as well

that's exactly why they do it bruh. they'll start waiting much less than that too. just wait

yeah, some always-on drm bullstuff, but no one is stupid enough to pull that but ea

blockland has drm and you all pretend it doesnt :p

And why are bethesda games still loving full price?

Because they want more money.

games have been this price before you were born

yeah, some always-on drm bullstuff, but no one is stupid enough to pull that but ea
Bruh, steam is a drm service

Bruh, steam is a drm service

yeah but you'll always be able to play your games on steam for as long as steam exists. steam isn't always-on drm

some games you can't start up without it opening steam first