Poll

Ban tablesalt?

no
2 (25%)
yes
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Necro bumping.  (Read 13293 times)

it has probably been fixed in a newer version of SMF. I doubt he's going to upgrade because he would probably have to modify the bl key/steam authentication stuff and I doubt he really feels like doing a lot of SMF modification these days

it has probably been fixed in a newer version of SMF. I doubt he's going to upgrade because he would probably have to modify the bl key/steam authentication stuff and I doubt he really feels like doing a lot of SMF modification these days

Remember how Tony was dismissed about this stuff but then GFD got perma banned for doing it? Why is Tony dismissed for calling out people for doing things that break the forums rules?

Remember how Tony was dismissed about this stuff but then GFD got perma banned for doing it? Why is Tony dismissed for calling out people for doing things that break the forums rules?
The difference is back then Tony was in the wrong, because the thread that got bumped actually had new potential for discussion. This time somebody bumped one of Tony's old Harvest threads unnecessarily, so while there is nothing wrong with necro bumping when it's done for a good reason, this time it was legitimately abuse of the feature imo
Switch the Harvest thread with GFD’s bump and there you go. I’m genuinely stunned users are still confused about this. Think before you bump and you’re fine

All badspot has to do is remove the quick edit button, do people even use it?

i do a lot of the time because i dont wanna go back and forth between pages

That's my main method of editing my posts, i use modify if i need to do a lot of tagging or tables

i do a lot of the time because i dont wanna go back and forth between pages

That's my main method of editing my posts, i use modify if i need to do a lot of tagging or tables

Well then I guess people better stop necrobumping or that may get removed lol.

Well then I guess people better stop necrobumping or that may get removed lol.
Over My Dead Body

Switch the Harvest thread with GFD’s bump and there you go. I’m genuinely stunned users are still confused about this. Think before you bump and you’re fine
There is no confusion, any time tony has made a thread he's been made out to be the fool even if he is right.

You can argue any bump is to create discussion, GFD got banned but his post was him asking about something, hence making discussion. Whether it was a joke or not doesn't really matter, it's still a bump.

removing that could very possibly be an even bigger undertaking than fixing the bug

Back in my days, there was no quick edit, you had to load up a new webpage to edit your posts!