56 (41.2%)
I support marijuana recreationally.
53 (39%)
I do not support marijuana.
16 (11.8%)
Marijuana is detrimental.
11 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: BLF what is your view on marijuana?  (Read 8797 times)

who will be my 420th pm?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 12:30:36 PM by Steve5451² »

There is literally, figuratively, factually, metaphorically nothing wrong with marijuana except the smell.

There is literally, figuratively, factually, metaphorically nothing wrong with marijuana except the smell.
you aint got some flames in your life then, theres some strains of weed that literally smell like heaven. like some english queens garden or something.

the flower smells really good to me, but the smoke doesn't.

The cannabis addiction discussed in this topic is completely new to me. The worst withdrawal you’ll face from cutting out weed is probably a headache, whereas people addicted to opiates and stuff like that become constipated or get extreme jitters. I definitely think a dependency on cannabis is possible if people use it as an escape from their responsibilities, but those are the types of people who shouldn’t have touched it to begin with. Never actually heard of someone developing legit withdrawal symptoms from ceasing to smoke cannabis though.

the flower smells really good to me, but the smoke doesn't.
I guess its aquired taste and smell? I can deal with it when I'm smoking but when I'm not it does get on my nerves a little bit. but typically when I smoke I don't really have a chance to smell it.

The cannabis addiction discussed in this topic is completely new to me. The worst withdrawal you’ll face from cutting out weed is probably a headache, whereas people addicted to opiates and stuff like that become constipated or get extreme jitters. I definitely think a dependency on cannabis is possible if people use it as an escape from their responsibilities, but those are the types of people who shouldn’t have touched it to begin with. Never actually heard of someone developing legit withdrawal symptoms from ceasing to smoke cannabis though.
my girlfriend smokes weed every day, and when she doesnt't smoke she has intense body pain and headache. shes also moody as stuff. personally for me I try to smoke not every day but theres times in a week where I will. Addiction to me really only exists when I want to do things high as hell like idk, going to the beach or painting a wall haha. but personally I can live without it and I have my body trained not to rely on it.

It's meh, I don't like it because it gives me panic attacks. Makes me shakey and paranoid. Also, it's allegedly worse on your lungs than cigarettes; which makes sense, I don't see many people cough their ass off when hitting cigarettes, but idk. It's got 'carcinogens' like any other smoke does

That’s because cigarettes are loaded with stuff to soothe the smoke coming in. They all have filters and some with menthol. There is an exponential amount more of carcinogens in tobacco alone, compared to cannabis. Hell you can just cut out the middleman and not smoke it at all, plenty of alternatives. Also you eventually get used to smoking anything if you do it long enough, saying that you see people not coughing is a terrible assumption. In fact most people cough and wheeze like a madlad the first time you try and smoke anything.

my girlfriend smokes weed every day, and when she doesnt't smoke she has intense body pain and headache. shes also moody as stuff. personally for me I try to smoke not every day but theres times in a week where I will. Addiction to me really only exists when I want to do things high as hell like idk, going to the beach or painting a wall haha. but personally I can live without it and I have my body trained not to rely on it.

That’s the one danger. If you are generally a person who is in constant pain or has significant mental health issues marijuana can act as a crutch and help a lot. But crashing back down to reality when you’re dependent on the flower can hurt more than you did before. But, as it has been said before, opiate-withdrawl is so bad that it can nearly kill you. After a couple days you dont “need” weed anymore usually.

That’s the one danger. If you are generally a person who is in constant pain or has significant mental health issues marijuana can act as a crutch and help a lot. But crashing back down to reality when you’re dependent on the flower can hurt more than you did before. But, as it has been said before, opiate-withdrawl is so bad that it can nearly kill you. After a couple days you dont “need” weed anymore usually.
for sure man, not like anyone is gonna try heroin anytime soon haha

There is definitively a difference between dependency and addiction. I feel like the distinction is a chemical one. Things like nicotine create a hard link chemically in your brain that fascilitates addiction and causes all sorts of havok. Dependency is a behavioral issue.

i used to smoke just because i was constantly depressed and it was the only thing that made me happy. now, along with alcohol, i only do it for fun with friends. however, i started to cut back a lot because i started to like my high self more than my sober self. not addicted, just becoming more accustomed to. when i'm high, i'm the life of the party, dancing with everyone, making everyone laugh. when i'm not, i'm introverted as forget and just wanna be alone most of the time.

i used to smoke just because i was constantly depressed and it was the only thing that made me happy. now, along with alcohol, i only do it for fun with friends. however, i started to cut back a lot because i started to like my high self more than my sober self. not addicted, just becoming more accustomed to. when i'm high, i'm the life of the party, dancing with everyone, making everyone laugh. when i'm not, i'm introverted as forget and just wanna be alone most of the time.
for some reason I can slightly relate to that, I'm much more social unless i take a dab in which case im forgeted and trip out

there are more side effects of quitting like loss of appetite, insomnia, and moodswings. you can get a dependency by just smoking daily, has nothing to do with "escaping responsibilities"

there are more side effects of quitting like loss of appetite, insomnia, and moodswings. you can get a dependency by just smoking daily, has nothing to do with "escaping responsibilities"
Well of course, that was just one reason for developing a dependency, I definitely didn't mean to imply it was the only way it could happen.