Val - Why Isn't He Banned?

Author Topic: Val - Why Isn't He Banned?  (Read 20480 times)

/support because of val or /nosupport because mr bones

/support because of val or /nosupport because mr bones
*stares into sun*

instead of like, actually making some sort of anti-blhack measure
Creating an anti-blhack measure is EXTREMELY difficult to get right-- and to avoid false positives? That could be a massive rant on it's own. You can see my attempt here

Wow, amazing idea! I never thought of that. You're essentially dismissing the thread and any other drama created with this. Why make any drama if we can simply report people and see what the result is?
not even remotely. you are literally suggesting that someone should be banned, and that's it. you're not trying to shed any light on his behavior or anything of the sort, you even specifically say that his behavior is fine. you're just straight up asking "why isn't this guy banned", and there's only one person who can answer that, whose attention is most easily gained by a report (and not a drama thread that he would otherwise never see). I suppose if you just want random, utterly uninformed speculation, then making a drama thread is probably the best way to get that

but have you reported him? if you did, then like I said, you have your answer, and I'm not sure what you hope to gain with this thread. if you haven't, then you must not want him banned? but then why would you make this thread? pretty confusing situation

why ban the maker if his creation is already out there? sounds handicapped doesn't it. that's why he isn't.

not even remotely. you are literally suggesting that someone should be banned, and that's it. you're not trying to shed any light on his behavior or anything of the sort
He made BLhack and has boasted about it. Why would a hack creator be accepted in the community for the game they cheated? You make zero sense.

Most drama's don't boil down to the person being banned, it comes down to the community applying social pressure to make them stop or saying the culprit is harmless. I am informing the community of someone who has caused many ills to the game being around here, and asking what they think, which is what this forum is for. Don't believe me Read for yourself. You seem genuinely confused as to what the drama section is for.

He made BLhack and has boasted about it. Why would a hack creator be accepted in the community for the game they cheated? You make zero sense.
because whatever they did, they aren't doing it now, and in fact are helping people? it makes a lot more sense to let him stay for that reason than it does to ban him because he made a stupid hack years ago that other people used. shouldn't you be pretty big on forgiving past sins?
Most drama's don't boil down to the person being banned
but you're literally asking for the guy to be banned ! lol. like it's not boiling down to that. it's literally your entire premise
I am informing the community of someone who has caused many ills to the game being around here
I don't think it's ever been a secret who val is. anyone who cares, knows, and anyone who doesn't know probably doesn't care. at the least, it isn't going to have any impact on their forum or ingame experience given that the guy is not making or using hacks
and asking what they think, which is what this forum is for. Don't believe me Read for yourself. You seem genuinely confused as to what the drama section is for.
I didn't really say that this was an invalid drama thread. just that you're posing a ridiculous question, for which you're gonna get meaningless answers. if that's what you want for some reason, then be my guest, but you're not gonna get anything worthwhile out of it

have you reported him tho?

why ban the maker if his creation is already out there? sounds handicapped doesn't it. that's why he isn't.
I do agree with this, because it's already released, he's not the one spreading it. It's the people who have BLHack spreading it. Banning him just prevents him from playing the game. He still has connections and can do anything (not saying he will or won't) -- the people that should be banned are the ones using it for malicious purposes

because whatever they did, they aren't doing it now, and in fact are helping people? it makes a lot more sense to let him stay for that reason than it does to ban him because he made a stupid hack years ago that other people used. shouldn't you be pretty big on forgiving past sins?but you're literally asking for the guy to be banned ! lol. like it's not boiling down to that. it's literally your entire premiseI don't think it's ever been a secret who val is. anyone who cares, knows, and anyone who doesn't know probably doesn't care. at the least, it isn't going to have any impact on their forum or ingame experience given that the guy is not making or using hacksI didn't really say that this was an invalid drama thread. just that you're posing a ridiculous question, for which you're gonna get meaningless answers. if that's what you want for some reason, then be my guest, but you're not gonna get anything worthwhile out of it

have you reported him tho?
I think he should be banned, yes. I'm asking what other people think. It's never been a secret? Why do some people in the thread seem unaware of who he is then? If you don't care so much, why are you posting?

I don't think he should be banned. I find the bragging about BLHack obnoxious but I don't find it ban-worthy. Val's work on reverse engineering Blockland was used for both bad and good, but since then it's been used for substantially more good than bad. How many of you have had your game-play ruined for more than 10 minutes by some child using BLHack in the last 3 years? How many of you have had your game-play supplemented by player collision toggle, selective ghosting, or move handler?

Currently I see him as a pretty constructive member of the community. For example, I think there are very few people who would've been able to answer the question I had in this thread. If you go through the guy's recent posts you'll find that pretty much everything he posts he is posting with the intent to help people make good mods for Blockland which increases the longevity of Blockland's lifespan and by extension the forum. At some point this has to outweigh the damage he did with some stuffty program that helped people troll a couple Knife DMs a couple years ago.

Furthermore I fail to see what banning the guy off the forum would even accomplish. He wouldn't be able to post helpful information in regards to people who are trying to make add-ons for Blockland, but he would still be able to make malicious extensions and hack the game. Even if you jumped to the nuclear option and revoked his keys there's nothing stopping him from sourcing $10 and just getting another one without anybody's knowledge lol. How far are you willing to go to alienate and piss off some dude who isn't really doing anything wrong at the moment but is by far the most capable of hacking the game?

That being said he's still a furry so he needs to be ban on sight

That being said he's still a furry so he needs to be ban on sight
Fair point. No but really, you do make a good point. My reasoning is just that the people who used the hack are banned, so I figured the guy who made it would be banned too.

Most drama's don't boil down to the person being banned, it comes down to the community applying social pressure to make them stop or saying the culprit is harmless. I am informing the community of someone who has caused many ills to the game being around here, and asking what they think, which is what this forum is for. Don't believe me Read for yourself. You seem genuinely confused as to what the drama section is for.
Apparently you didn't read your topic title when you created this. If your goal was to apply social pressure then you should've said something along the lines of "The guy who made Blhack has returned and is bragging about it"
However even if you did that, it's not necessarily justified. He made Blhack a long time ago and hasn't appeared to have done anything to warrant a drama since. To me this "bragging" seems more like a harmless jab. Any claim that he has any malicious intent is purely speculation on your part.

Fair point. No but really, you do make a good point. My reasoning is just that the people who used the hack are banned, so I figured the guy who made it would be banned too.
That’s like blaming Armalite for all the massacres that have happened with the AR-15 -_-

Apparently you didn't read your topic title when you created this. If your goal was to apply social pressure then you should've said something along the lines of "The guy who made Blhack has returned and is bragging about it"
However even if you did that, it's not necessarily justified. He made Blhack a long time ago and hasn't appeared to have done anything to warrant a drama since. To me this "bragging" seems more like a harmless jab. Any claim that he has any malicious intent is purely speculation on your part.
The title is my opinion on him being here, I think he should be banned. I've posted this probably three times now, so I suggest you learn how to read so I don't have to keep repeating myself.

That’s like blaming Armalite for all the massacres that have happened with the AR-15 -_-
No it isn't? This is an online game we're talking about, peoples lives aren't ending over this stuff. This is the second stuffty brown townogy in this thread, I'm starting to feel like a broken record.