Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Confirmed  (Read 3830 times)

https://www.gsc-game.com/ (new site)
https://gsc-game.com/index.php?t=news (old site where you see a link to the new site confirming it's legitimacy)

https://www.stalker2.com/

I think it's actually loving legit. This dropped out of nowhere lmfao.
/discuss
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 05:40:09 PM by Punished Rally »

I was just about to post this, I've always loved the games ever since i got a copy of Shadow of Chernobyl at a garage sale in 2012 and have always been replaying them and checking out the modding scene, this is going to be awesome.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2?

Why not use the previous naming convention?

"registrar"
lets all laugh at that epic typo

anyways why are they going to numbered instead of named titles
it being named 2
is the one thing that makes this look fake
wouldnt it be named
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. somethinghere

stalker isn't that good imo. i have like 50 hours in it and beat it twice and its really lacking when compared to a game like fallout 3 or new vegas, or even metro 2033. its a finished game but it really isn't polished, which is understandable for a 2007 game, but still... theres like no rpg elements at all in the game, you spend so much time just slowly dragging around corpses full of items, the damage system is awful, the ai gets stuck frequently and feel like zombies not actual NPCs, the enemies are all super 1 dimensional and lack any kind of distinguishing abilities (except for the mutants)

the game earns points on atmosphere and graphics alone. everything else is mediocre. if they change their systems and adopt better mechanics it has the potential to be a great game
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 06:24:36 PM by thegoodperry »

Anyone that plays unmodded Stalker is a smooth brain duty member

stalker without stalker complete isnt really stalker

TRUE stalkans crack open the game files and make their own adjustments as they see fit

Also Call of Chernobyl best mod

anyways why are they going to numbered instead of named titles
it being named 2
is the one thing that makes this look fake
wouldnt it be named
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. somethinghere

Probably because it's the most well-known name, people have been referring to a potential sequel as STALKER 2 for ages now. It'd be kind of weird to keep the first generation naming convention anyways because the first 3 games' releases were separated by about a year each, whereas STALKER 2 at it's earliest will have come 12 years after it's predecessor, and for that reason is obviously going to be vastly different in most aspects

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2?

Why not use the previous naming convention?
Because this is the true sequel to the series. Shadow, Clear Sky, and Pripyat were all supposed to be the same game.

stalker isn't that good imo. i have like 50 hours in it and beat it twice and its really lacking when compared to a game like fallout 3 or new vegas, or even metro 2033. its a finished game but it really isn't polished, which is understandable for a 2007 game, but still... theres like no rpg elements at all in the game, you spend so much time just slowly dragging around corpses full of items, the damage system is awful, the ai gets stuck frequently and feel like zombies not actual NPCs, the enemies are all super 1 dimensional and lack any kind of distinguishing abilities (except for the mutants)

the game earns points on atmosphere and graphics alone. everything else is mediocre. if they change their systems and adopt better mechanics it has the potential to be a great game

Well that is the main selling point is atmosphere. The game excels at making me think I'm not alone at all times and it keeps things tense and really exciting. Newer mechanics would be nice, but it's like any other bethesda RPG on the market, has plenty of potential and the mods use up that potential well and create a completely new and better experience.

Because this is the true sequel to the series. Shadow, Clear Sky, and Pripyat were all supposed to be the same game.

Understandable

TRUE stalkans crack open the game files and make their own adjustments as they see fit
i liked the an94 so much i opened up the game files and made its max clip 999 and its damage really high lol

Well that is the main selling point is atmosphere.
fun balanced gameplay mechanics > graphics any day.

the mods definitely help overhaul the balance of the whole system, but theres still a lot of limitations

Inb4 unity

i liked the an94 so much i opened up the game files and made its max clip 999 and its damage really high lol

Bro are you me