Author Topic: [NEWS] Senate votes to save Net Neutrality  (Read 7442 times)

As a staunch conservative, I don't see the point in paying for a fire department when it's not my house on fire. What sort of commie bullstuff is that?
I get u and all but u know a lot of these people would legitimately agree with that

i argee with his logic i mean charities don't exist

i was actually just commenting on how the right's definition of "communism" continues to get broader, more nebulous, and less useful as time goes on but okay

weird cuz thats exactly what the left has been doing with "right wing extremism"

doesn't matter that i did it, the other people did it too at some point

kearn all your argumentative tactics loving suck balls

kearn all your argumentative tactics loving suck balls

hmmm smells like irony to meee

In a round about way you've just done what he was pointing out lol

why yall always gotta be badposting. cant we be serious ever. damn

I hate net neutrality because I'm a hipster and hate anything popular >:(

monopolies are bad but I want to enact strict government-imposed guidelines that only large companies can follow/pay for and that will kill smaller companies and prevent their growth since they can't pay for them because I want access to certain sites that I don't even visit frequently to be the same as access to the only two sites I ever go on

did I mention monopolies are bad

monopolies are bad but I want to enact strict government-imposed guidelines that only large companies can follow/pay for and that will kill smaller companies and prevent their growth since they can't pay for them because I want access to certain sites that I don't even visit frequently to be the same as access to the only two sites I ever go on

last i heard, most of the government imposed guidelines applied only to the big companies by far, or were not really things that small companies needed to worry about. can you name/describe any of these anti-small-business policies off the top of your head so i can educate myself?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:36:17 AM by Conan »

bring back cum neutrality, no STds in my semen

Another non-argument in bad faith, what a surprise.

Here's a big think: Everyone in this thread is regular enough to the forum to know how much of a numbskull you are. Long story short, you have no clue what you're talking about. Wanna convince us why we should care enough about you to try and 'change your opinion'?

The changing of net neutrality wouldn't really affect anyone in this thread unless they use 100% of all services on the internet.

If you're someone who plays 20 video games every day and watches hulu and netflix every second, checking every e-mail service and reading all news sites while watching some sports channels and tweeting about it, sure, i guess you'll end up paying $25 more dollars a month than before. But if you just game and read e-mails, or maybe you just listen to music and read news, you'll probably be paying $50 LESS than before. Just choose the services you want and be done with it, stop throwing a fit lol

All net neutrality is is an isolation of services that were previously unified. There won't be any throttling of smaller websites or biased websites or anything like that. in countries that lack net neutrality, this whole 'internet monopoly' thing has never actually been recorded or even exists so its entirely speculative.

It's like when the law passed that allowed businesses to turn down customers for any reason. A bunch of people get super upset over nothing because they thing "businesses will now kick out all muslims and all gays!!" but that never actually happens. Sure businesses have the OPTION to do it but it's mutually detrimental so why would anyone want to do it?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:02:09 PM by thegoodperry »

The changing of net neutrality wouldn't really affect anyone in this thread unless they use 100% of all services on the internet.

If you're someone who plays 20 video games every day and watches hulu and netflix every second, checking every e-mail service and reading all news sites while watching some sports channels and tweeting about it, sure, i guess you'll end up paying $25 more dollars a month than before. But if you just game and read e-mails, or maybe you just listen to music and read news, you'll probably be paying $50 LESS than before. Just choose the services you want and be done with it, stop throwing a fit lol

All net neutrality is is an isolation of services that were previously unified. There won't be any throttling of smaller websites or biased websites or anything like that. in countries that lack net neutrality, this whole 'internet monopoly' thing has never actually been recorded or even exists so its entirely speculative.

It's like when the law passed that allowed businesses to turn down customers for any reason. A bunch of people get super upset over nothing because they thing "businesses will now kick out all muslims and all gays!!" but that never actually happens. Sure businesses have the OPTION to do it but it's mutually detrimental so why would anyone want to do it?

How do you actually know any of this will be the case, when nothing of the sort has happened yet? What will be stopping the ISP's from keeping their prices the same and dividing the internet into packages? I can't see a single reason why killing net neutrality could be objectively better for consumers when all it does is gives the ISP's more autonomy of their market after it's already been proven they don't have their customer's interests at heart (see: Internet prices rising over past decade without any significant re-investment in internet infrastructure, deceptive marketing practices, mortal failures in customer service, and proven pricing collusion with competitors to keep rates going up).