Author Topic: Battlefield V Reveal  (Read 5623 times)

what the forget is this

the "disabled women being protagonists" was a loving meme

slides with a loving fully loaded mg64

you would literally say nothing about it if it was a guy so can it dweeb

yeah because it'd be somewhat historically accurate

I don't know I just don't think it's a valid defense to imply that everyone who doesn't like the character is misogynistic. It'd be no different if you were playing a game about civil war in Western Africa and one of the four main characters was a random white guy. It's like, huh? What are you doing here?

At the core of good character design is believably within the setting. I'm just not getting that from the one-armed female in front-lines combat. It's personally not a big deal to me though, because the game is already a cluster-forget parody of the actual war that took place and nothing is believable to begin with.

i really really hate this footage

can we stop with this loving "if you don't like this woman being in a video game/movie you're a misogynistic loveist pos"

like seriously stop

You see. It doesn't make sense for a British women to be on the front lines period. There were cases of women fighting on the front lines during WWII (Night Witches, Lyudmila Pavlichenko, Finland Defense force). If the trailer was a battle between Late Russia and the Germans than yes, a couple women here and there wouldn't be out of the ordinary. The fact that there's a British Women, a CRIPPLED British Women, on the front lines is just a big forget you to history. You can argue that this is just fiction but its clear that more than half of the people who keep up with Dice and the Battlefield Franchise were really looking forward to an authentic and immersive WWII experience akin to the glory days of video games ala Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, CoD 1+2 etc.

This feels more like a Bad Company game set in WWII, and if it was aptly titled "Battlefield Bad Company: WWII" or something along the lines of that. I wouldn't have an issue with a British Women in a squad because we know the Bad Company games weren't meant to be realistic in the first place.

i don't really care about the fact that it's not historically accurate- they aren't trying to make it look realistic at all.

i care about the fact that they're turning battlefield into call of fortnite: modern dabfare

You see. It doesn't make sense for a British women to be on the front lines period. There were cases of women fighting on the front lines during WWII (Night Witches, Lyudmila Pavlichenko, Finland Defense force). If the trailer was a battle between Late Russia and the Germans than yes, a couple women here and there wouldn't be out of the ordinary. The fact that there's a British Women, a CRIPPLED British Women, on the front lines is just a big forget you to history. You can argue that this is just fiction but its clear that more than half of the people who keep up with Dice and the Battlefield Franchise were really looking forward to an authentic and immersive WWII experience akin to the glory days of video games ala Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, CoD 1+2 etc.

This feels more like a Bad Company game set in WWII, and if it was aptly titled "Battlefield Bad Company: WWII" or something along the lines of that. I wouldn't have an issue with a British Women in a squad because we know the Bad Company games weren't meant to be realistic in the first place.

wasn't the original bad company set in ww2?

Yes definately

Seems like the trailer is supposed to be actually light hearted like the bad company games. Also, is it just me or does it sound like someone said Gesundheit after the pilot crashes

Bad company 2 opened with a what if scenario about japan and some world ending superweapon. Bad company 1 was just a ragtag team of soldiers in a Self Delete company basically.