Tommy Robinson arrested, UK censors media nationwide.

Poll

-

-
-

Author Topic: Tommy Robinson arrested, UK censors media nationwide.  (Read 15764 times)

Tommy Robinson arrested, UK censors media nationwide

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05/26/right-wing-activist-tommy-robinson-reportedly-jailed-after-filming-outside-child-grooming-trial.amp.html

Regardless of whether or not you agree, disagree or hold a neutral position on Tommy Robinson, the fact that the UK has sent a gag order to silence UK media from speaking on this means that Freedom of the Press is dead in the UK, and by extension, Freedom of Speech.

I'm going to try to clear up everything in thread in regards to what is going on. I also happen to live in the UK (well, chappters and eggstaticeggplant do too but they seem to be pro censorship for some reason lol), so I can actually kinda tell you what the media is discussing. I do hope my post trying to clear this up doesn't get buried tho, somehow whilst I was typing this the thread went completely off topic :panda:. Mathew pls read this and put it in the op if you want idk lol.

TL;DRing it, basically a while ago a large gang of Muslims (30 ish) where found by police to be allegedly raping young children. And because the UK tries it's best to maintain being a democratic country, we let them stand trial, instead of instantly throwing them in the slammer (because of this, we must use the term "allegedly" when we refer to these rapists, however the general population kind of knows that they did commit the offences.). However, because there where so many, we couldn't slap all 30 of them in one trial, so their trials have been broken down into 3 separate ones.

Generally speaking the court system in the UK doesn't work like America's in how media can seem to have a presence in the court proceeding (I'm thinking OG Simpson here as an example, maybe an American can correct me if I'm wrong). Over here, you only hear about the outcome of the case directly after it has ended. And because the case has been broken down into 3 separate ones in order to process the amount of "alleged" rapists, a media "hush" is in place until all the court cases have concluded, supposedly ensuring no bias between any of them. This in itself is kind of questionable due to the handicapped way that the cases have been broken up, and also shows the scale of the child abuse problem that certain areas of the UK are having. People are also saying that the police are trying to keep these court proceedings until wrap like this deliberately so that the general public doesn't get to see the scale of these problems.

Anyway, now for Tommy Robinson. He's quite extreme, and I don't really agree with him, but what has happened to him is a complete abuse of the justice system. To explain it, basically he was live streaming outside one of these Muslim rapist court proceedings (I don't know which one exactly). Although the media aren't allowed to report on it because of this "media hush", Tommy Robison doesn't really classify much as a media outlet, and the UK government can't exactly say that no UK citizen is allowed to discuss ongoing court proceedings, as that would be over in the Stalin area of censorship. However, that's exactly what they did, and chucked him in a police van.

HOWEVER, that is not the worst part. The worst part is that he is now in prison, and he has had no trial, I'm not sure exactly how long he is in for cause it's hard to find anything about it in the UK, I think it's 13 months. Also, almost NO UK media have reported on the fact that he has been thrown in prison with no trial, and that disgusts me completely, because it proves that the UK has no freedom WHATSOEVER. The government used this as an opportunity to shut up one of their criticizers (once again, I will remind you I'm not a Tommy Robinson supporter, but what has happened to him is completely wrong). The British Broadcasting Corporation haven't even mentioned it once. Also, whilst some outlets have mentioned his arrest, none whatsoever have mentioned the fact that he has been put in jail without a trial.

Also, Google seem to be very happy to not auto complete any search results that relates to him being in prison...

Sorry, that was quite a long TL DR. Hopefully it clarifies things.
Dunno wtf you're on about considering he's pretty much completely right.

The UK is nolonger a free country.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 05:36:55 PM by Master Matthew² »

nothings free if i have to pay for it

commie brothers be like

They do this in the united states too. If a press report with prejudice the jury, the court has the right to remove all reporting on the case. You're the exact reason why they're cutting off the news- if you were on the jury you'd basically vote innocent on this man because you agree with his political views and his agenda regardless of what crime he commit (contempt of court) which he is basically proven guilty of
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:51:44 PM by thegoodperry »

Oi op can I see your posting license real quick?

They do this in the united states too. If a press report with prejudice the jury, the court has the right to remove all reporting on the case. You're the exact reason why they're cutting off the news- if you were on the jury you'd basically vote innocent on this man because you agree with his political views and his agenda regardless of what crime he commit (contempt of court) which he is basically proven guilty of
I've read this 5 times and it still makes no sense, this is filled half with rambles and half with incoherent sentences.
Oi op can I see your posting license real quick?
Oh stuff.

The judge in the case on Friday slapped a reporting ban on the case. The order bans reporters from reporting on a case if there is reason to believe the reporting could prejudice a trial. The order prevents reporting until the conclusion of the trial Robinson was reporting on.

The gag order led to news outlets in the U.K. removing their reporting from their websites to comply with the order. Most remaining reporting in the U.K. comments on Robinson’s arrest, but not on his purported sentencing.
He was disrupting an ongoing trial, possibly affecting the outcome, so they banned reporting of the case until the verdict. Seems fine to me, guess I'm *literally* living in 1984 though.

I've read this 5 times and it still makes no sense, this is filled half with rambles and half with incoherent sentences.
(all of your posts)

He was disrupting an ongoing trial, so they banned reporting of the case until the verdict. Seems fine to me, guess I'm *literally* living in 1984 though.
No, not the case, they've banned reporting on the arrest of Tommy Robinson entirely.
(all of your posts)
This is why Salt is in your name.

Seems fine to me, guess I'm *literally* living in 1984 though.
i will check the calender... what year is this...

you are just........ so dumb. honestly