Player persistence avatar selection idea.

Author Topic: Player persistence avatar selection idea.  (Read 2073 times)

because it is stuff. did you not read what was posted

because it is stuff. did you not read what was posted

I want people to log in with the avatar they had when they left.

Player persistence cannot do anything about this.
Yes it can.

What is more challenging however, is trying to get what the player currently looks like. Which would be difficult for anything else too, even if you don't use persistence.

Yes it can.

What is more challenging however, is trying to get what the player currently looks like. Which would be difficult for anything else too, even if you don't use persistence.
you can get the values for the client's avatar setup off the client object, and package/edit any "uniform setting" event to store the data on the client as well, and then use player persistence to store the variables on disconnect...

you can get the values for the client's avatar setup off the client object, and package/edit any "uniform setting" event to store the data on the client as well, and then use player persistence to store the variables on disconnect...
Right, you can make something that works with a particular setup, but nothing universal.

in this situation, tony's asking for a set of events that work with persistence, so he wasn't asking for a universal thing, which makes it possible to do it. probably for good measure since saving a player's appearance if nodes were temporarily hidden is a bad idea.

Yes it can.

no it literally can't. Tony said originally he wanted to force certain avatars on people (a preset list) which player persistence cannot do

I literally have a script made by trigun that even disables specific avatar parts directly from the gui but I don't want to use it because it doesn't disable faces/decals and colors.

So I'm using a set of events that allows people to set their own avatar.

The problem is making sure they log in with the same avatar they logged out with.

Because people changing their clothes is a big issue when it comes to these kinds of RPGs.

So they spawn in my spawn room, they select their own avatar through events.

That's pretty much it.

So I'm hoping player persistence or whatever can save whatever avatar combination they had on.

If events can't work for saving I might need trigun's script tweaked then.

no it literally can't. Tony said originally he wanted to force certain avatars on people (a preset list) which player persistence cannot do
All he wants it to do is save their appearance and load it when they rejoin.

I just found this. Was not that hard to find. Do you do searches for this kind of stuff tony?
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=313954.0