Author Topic: Private Beta Add-On Dump  (Read 9698 times)

so are you gonna credit conan for making the grapple rope

so are you gonna credit conan for making the grapple rope
Is that a joke? You know I coded the whole thing right? Whatever version he has, I do not even have a copy of.

we really gonna start this again

Question: I am developing a Space Station TDM map with a playertype class-based system, each class using a unique playertype. Is there a way I can make it so only some playertypes will accept usage of the physics jump mod? I want only the fast-moving playertypes being able to dodge-roll, since it suits their play style/theme best.

Question: I am developing a Space Station TDM map with a playertype class-based system, each class using a unique playertype. Is there a way I can make it so only some playertypes will accept usage of the physics jump mod? I want only the fast-moving playertypes being able to dodge-roll, since it suits their play style/theme best.

I've done something like this already.
You need to define the playertypes in the files as to which ones can use physics jump, and the base file will do the rest.
Even if Flip is disabled for all other playertypes, the playertypes defined with begin able to physics jump will work, so long as the script is enabled.

ONTOPIC:

This is really excellent OP. I've been waiting for KH stuff for who knows how long. Glad you released this stuff.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 02:12:33 AM by DataProxy »

Yup, as Data mentioned you can simply add a "canPhysicsJump = true;" line to your desired playertype datablocks

This is really excellent OP. I've been waiting for KH stuff for who knows how long. Glad you released this stuff.
Thanks, and just so you know there are a few quirks with the KH mod right now; I was experimenting with different features and would-be optimizations. I will keep you posted on when I make the mod fully stable again.

good alternative to obstruct radius damage, if you dont want walls to entirely block damage

Oh, neat.

That kingdom hearts system was a load of fun. Weren't some of these released though? Or are these new versions of them that were never made public?

Edit: I didn't read your reply, rip me
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 02:21:57 PM by Xanderian »

Yup, as Data mentioned you can simply add a "canPhysicsJump = true;" line to your desired playertype datablocks

I tried that and it did not work on my end. Here's a copy of my custom playertypes I applied the code to. It still gave them all physics jump abilities despite some of them having:
Code: [Select]
canPhysicsJump = False;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/piua196zejte9e6/Player_SpaceTDM.zip?dl=0
Would you be able to see if my playertypes work for you on your end, or find out where i might have gone wrong in the code application? Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:20:03 PM by Planr »

Holy stuff that's loving amazing.

So much versatility in these add-ons and I love 'em

PogChamp.png

I tried that and it did not work on my end. Here's a copy of my custom playertypes I applied the code to. It still gave them all physics jump abilities despite some of them having:
canPhysicsJump = False;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/piua196zejte9e6/Player_SpaceTDM.zip?dl=0
Would you be able to see if my playertypes work for you on your end, or find out where i might have gone wrong in the code application? Thanks.
There are RTB Prefs for the mod, and you would need to uncheck Roll Enabled, Flip Enabled in Server Settings. Roll Enabled makes Rolling work for ALL playertypes, Flip Enabled makes Flipping work for ALL playertypes. Alternatively, if you do not have RTB access, you could type the following code into the console, one time:
$Pref::PhysicsJump::Roll = false; $Pref::PhysicsJump::Flip = false;