jury rigging avatars

Author Topic: jury rigging avatars  (Read 10010 times)

Why even disable avatars? I get the table incident, but now we're on SMF 2, the avatars just get cut off after a certain point, and i don't see how it could have led to anything malicious

Badspot hasn't even told us whether or not if he's actually tried to fix it, so i can only assume that he hasn't bothered
yea it was such a non-issue

Me too
i dont like hanging mistakes over ppl's heads forever but maybe it isnt a sound idea to flaunt ur avatar considering what happened

also badspot probably disabled avatars out of anger, considering he had just dealt with that big forum exploit beforehand. Someone using an exploit right after another one was dealt with isnt a great idea :P
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:06:28 PM by Blockomaniac »

also badspot probably disabled avatars out of anger, considering he had just dealt with that big forum exploit beforehand. Someone using an exploit right after another one was dealt with isnt a great idea :P
Can we get Badspot to re-enable avatars out of anger?

i don't even know what the exploit was, i saw everyone complaining about large avatars but i never saw a large avatar

i don't even know what the exploit was, i saw everyone complaining about large avatars but i never saw a large avatar
I think it was that you could upload BMP images bigger than 75x75, but back on the previous BLF, the avatars would actually cause stretching

Honestly, I got loving pissed over tables getting broken and eventually the entire site being broken and needing to be replaced. And the fact that we had to update to smf 2 screwed up all the themes I worked on for this site, so when ya'll forgeted up avatars, I've pretty much given up.

This site is just 4chan premium now.

even tho both my avatar and the rest of my profile is in a good place and i wouldn't change it for a while anyway i'd love the ability to upload avatars back for the sake of everyone else. kinda sucks one of the most defining features of us being unique from each other was neutered :(

i suppose for the time being if u want ur avatar shown and it's already gotten rid of ur avatar then maybe u could put it in ur sig. it's not quite the same but it's something i guess

Why even disable avatars? I get the table incident, but now we're on SMF 2, the avatars just get cut off after a certain point, and i don't see how it could have led to anything malicious

Badspot hasn't even told us whether or not if he's actually tried to fix it, so i can only assume that he hasn't bothered
jeez is that right? it was all disabled just for something that was hardly even an issue?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 08:33:44 PM by gr8dayseth »

Didn't somebody make their profile picture really loving huge and obstructive and that's why they were disabled?

OFFICIAL AVATAR TIER LIST:
Animated custom avatar > custom avatar > no avatar >>>>>>>> default avatar
Bow before me, avatarlets.
avachad coming through

Didn't somebody make their profile picture really loving huge and obstructive and that's why they were disabled?
no it just filled this area and it was only some stuffty ms paint smiley image

I like this picture of Limp Bizkit
*music* LIMP BISCUIT SUCKS rooster

i hope they get brought back at some point; i have this awesome steam avatar that is too small for games like tf2 but would show up just fine on the forums lol

simulation of enlarged avatar:

didn't ever forget up the page layout aside from enlarging the persons post if they posted something small (which you can already do by adding a bunch of empty lines)

what if someone had an account from when you could use image urls as profile pictures and the image url was hosted on their own domain meaning they could still manipulate their avatar however they wanted

kinda like how some old avatars used photobucket urls and now they have that photobucket 404 image