jury rigging avatars

Author Topic: jury rigging avatars  (Read 10011 times)

what if someone had an account from when you could use image urls as profile pictures and the image url was hosted on their own domain meaning they could still manipulate their avatar however they wanted

kinda like how some old avatars used photobucket urls and now they have that photobucket 404 image

Yeah but that probably hasn't happened

dude how did you deal with that name for up to four years? you have my respect.

dude how did you deal with that name for up to four years? you have my respect.

Cool

This site is just 4chan premium now.
it's been kind of like that for years lol

Yeah but that probably hasn't happened

It did, but not on purpose I think. I reported that one and was reassured it's no longer an issue.

Apparently the reason avatar uploads were removed was because of some kind of shady bbcode injection that took the fourms down for a few hours via avatar uploads.
Pretty sweet.

even tho both my avatar and the rest of my profile is in a good place and i wouldn't change it for a while anyway
fyi you can still update your profile, but you have to make the page not send the avatar form when updating. I made a userscript that automatically does that so you can safely update your profile without axing your custom avatar: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=320082.0

make a script for avatars

make blockland forums 2
Badspot already did that, and he made a third one!

stuff now I can't make my own avatar for Halloween Christmas etc

bring back the classic forum layout too

Regarding large avatars: the other day I stumbled upon a thread where Brian Smith posted something and his avatar appeared larger than normal

yes the original big avatar came from him. other certain users also suffer from this issue as well despite their avatars not being stufftingly big on the old version of the forums.

if badspot added a danny devito avatar then i wouldn't ask for custom avatars to come back

if badspot added a danny devito avatar then i wouldn't ask for custom avatars to come back
Behold, Devito circa 1992, made to fit in with the other avatars

@Badspot