Activision C&D's Fangame "Spyro: Myths Awaken" | A change of heart

Author Topic: Activision C&D's Fangame "Spyro: Myths Awaken" | A change of heart  (Read 6619 times)

badspot's a loving deadbeat. nothing he says in this thread is actually valid

and your whole 'might right' moral high ground richard sucking competition is void because stealing intellectual property isn't any more right than a cease and desist in retaliation. in fact it's LESS right and it's also ILLEGAL

"Lol shoulda thought about the fact they were making a fangame to show their love and appreciation to game franchise. That's entirely the dev's fault. They should have seen this coming, i mean just look at what they were wearing, they were practically asking for it."

this type of stuff sounds like corporate shilling for the sake of corporate shilling. I get that some people have strong feelings about the law coming first. But the laws don't make the people, the people make the laws. And Activision is cherry picking stuff like this to get people to back off and buy their game. Like the same people who were going to download Myths Awaken for free weren't also going to buy Spyro Reignited Trilogy. This "protecting their IP" bullstuff is loving asinine, If it were so important to protect their IPs, why didn't they go after the Android COD Clones that are infringing on their copyright to make a profit that show up at the TOP OF THE SEARCH? No this is was an attack on the community to try and show who has the power, to tell us to forget off.

Yeah man I'm corporate shilling for companies I have no ties nor care about hahaa buy Overwatch fellas

i didn't steal their work! i just showed my love and dedication by using it without their permission...
You are the most inconsistent fun police.
This is literally what you're arguing for.

like really how can you justify loving stealing by all this lovey dovey 'its a fan game!' bullstuff and then try to push some bullstuff about how the law isnt always right even though they're literally forgetign stealing property from a company... like evaluate your position on the argument.

Stealing is wrong. Taking back your rightful property isn't. What world do you live in where these two principles are incorrect? What world do you live in where stealing someone's car is 'right' and that someone coming back to reclaim their stolen property from you 'wrong'? And then immediately afterwards saying 'uhhhh  i wanted to show my love and appreciation for your car by driving it... u fascist!!!' and crying in a corner because the car you totally don't own at all was taken back and given to its rightful owner, and now you're not allowed to drive your stolen car anymore

You are the most inconsistent fun police.
where was i ever inconsistent? where did i ever contradict myself
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:07:41 PM by thegoodperry »

who gives a loving stuff about the entitled fans? the fellows at activision who developed spyro have their loving job on the line. show some damn respect for the very people who created the whole series you're basically trying to steal from under their noses. let them do their job that they've been doing for almost two decades and that have spawned 3 flawless spyro games.

real fans of spyro can appreciate the work and planning that went into the franchise. fake fans will just obsess over the image and likeness of spyro as an icon, and they don't actually really like the game for what it is. they just like the concept that spyro stands for, not the work that was put into it and the various design choices that go into making spyro spyro
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:11:08 PM by thegoodperry »

like really how can you justify loving stealing by all this lovey dovey 'its a fan game!' bullstuff and then try to push some bullstuff about how the law isnt always right even though they're literally forgetign stealing property from a company... like evaluate your position on the argument.

Stealing is wrong. Taking back your rightful property isn't. What world do you live in where these two principles are incorrect? What world do you live in where stealing someone's car is 'right' and that someone coming back to reclaim their stolen property from you 'wrong'
But they're not loving Stealing Spyro, it's not like they broke into activision and loving kidnapped the rights to spyro. Your brown townogy would make more sense if someone made car inspired and fueled by the passion of loving everything about your car, and you got so loving pissed you went over there and told him to destroy his car or you'd sue him to hell and back.

it's not like they broke into activision and loving kidnapped the rights to spyro.
instead, they just pretended they did

who gives a loving stuff about the entitled fans? the fellows at activision who developed spyro have their loving job on the line. show some damn respect for the very people who created the whole series you're basically trying to steal from under their noses. let them do their job that they've been doing for almost two decades and that have spawned 3 flawless spyro games.
Because these so called "entitled fans" have been waiting so long for a loving spyro game, we decided to make fangames because we figured Activision was happy just making skylanders. Toys for bob is not going to lose their loving JOBS over a loving FANGAME, you're being mellowdramatic. Under what circumstance do you think someone is going to be like:

"HMMMMMMM.... there's this fanmade game for free, and this remade trilogy for $39.99, Gee I only have enough money for one..."

But they're not loving Stealing Spyro, it's not like they broke into activision and loving kidnapped the rights to spyro. Your brown townogy would make more sense if someone made car inspired and fueled by the passion of loving everything about your car, and you got so loving pissed you went over there and told him to destroy his car or you'd sue him to hell and back.
they're using spyro without the creator's permission. when you ride someone's car without their permission you're basically stealing.

and activision never told the devs to destroy their project, they just told them to cease and desist all spyro-related activities. the game still exists, it just can't be a spyro game. this is the weird loving part of your brains is that you're so obsessed with spyro as an intangible concept rather than the work that goes into it. the moment the game the devs worked on is no longer about spyro it is no longer relevant to your needs or mind. it is no longer a game that exists. those devs still have a game that they're working on, and they can still put just as much love and compassion into that project, but it's not a spyro game therefore it sucks by default.

they're using spyro without the creator's permission. when you ride someone's car without their permission you're basically stealing.

and activision never told the devs to destroy their project, they just told them to cease and desist all spyro-related activities. the game still exists, it just can't be a spyro game. this is the weird loving part of your brains is that you're so obsessed with spyro as an intangible concept rather than the work that goes into it. the moment the game the devs worked on is no longer about spyro it is no longer relevant to your needs or mind. it is no longer a game that exists. those devs still have a game that they're working on, and they can still put just as much love and compassion into that project, but it's not a spyro game therefore it sucks by default.

You have yet to answer my biggest question.
HOW THE forget IS A FREE GAME TAKING MONEY AWAY FROM A POLISHED TRIPLE A TITLE?!

Also if it was going to suck, it would suck regardless of whether or not it was a Spyro Game. Spyro isn't some MAGICAL POWERUP that makes your game better, that's loving dumb.

Because these so called "entitled fans" have been waiting so long for a loving spyro game, we decided to make fangames because we figured Activision was happy just making skylanders. Toys for bob is not going to lose their loving JOBS over a loving FANGAME, you're being mellowdramatic. Under what circumstance do you think someone is going to be like:

"HMMMMMMM.... there's this fanmade game for free, and this remade trilogy for $39.99, Gee I only have enough money for one..."
There can never be a spyro game made by anyone but activision. so sit your ass down and wait for however long you want to wait.

Toys for bob is not going to lose their loving JOBS over a loving FANGAME, you're being mellowdramatic. Under what circumstance do you think someone is going to be like
tfw you understand nothing about stocks or money

HOW THE forget IS A FREE GAME TAKING MONEY AWAY FROM A POLISHED TRIPLE A TITLE?!
the free game could suck. it could contain copyrighted material from another game. it could contain illegal content like child research. the dev could be outed as a child enthusiast or rapist. all of these scenarios will affect the 'polished triple a title' merely by association. the moment this happens people will begin to sell their activision stocks rapidly because they know in their hearts that this shockwave of bad rap will hit the source. suddenly the company starts losing millions of dollars, and because of this they will have to make budget cuts and layoffs.

this is literally why Public Relations exists. its this very reason, to avoid anything like the above happening

There can never be a spyro game made by anyone but activision. so sit your ass down and wait for however long you want to wait.
The way I see it, Spyro is dead.
tfw you understand nothing about stocks or money
"HOLY stuff, SOME FAN MADE A GAME RELATED TO A PROPERTY ONE OF MY STOCKS'S COMPANIES OWN, BETTER PULL THE forget OUT RIGHT NOW!!!"
This is dumb logic, wtf are you talking about.

if the devs of spyro: myths awaken change the game to 'green dragon: myths awaken' and create a new franchise they can literally continue making whatever game they were working on and it could be a spiritual successor. you spyro 'fans' will have a spyro-esque game that is fun, there will be no copyright infringement and anything that goes wrong will not hurt the spyro brand

why is this scenario so bad? because it's not spyro? if its not spyro then it sucks, right?