explain transgender/love change stuff 2 me pls (mainly love change operations)

Poll

a

5 (55.6%)
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: explain transgender/love change stuff 2 me pls (mainly love change operations)  (Read 8134 times)

are you really trying to diagnose me
youre all loving drama queens lol
>calls everyone drama queens
>first post you made in the comic was you being a drama queen attacking OP for asking a question

Since lego lad seems pretty genuine about this I'll try to break down all your concerns as best as possible and ignore the other stupidity flying around this thread.

one side of me says that if a guy is feminine or a girl masiculine, thats fine. they can just be a feminine guy/masculine girl and thats that, no need for a surgery or anything serious.
Plenty of trans people are actually just fine this way. How much a trans person wants to move their gender presentation in one direction or another and the means by which they want to achieve it is unique to them.

Another part of me however remembers reading that going though with the switch is the healthiest treatment for being trans, so i guess thats that?
Correct, transitioning is statistically the safest and most effective treatment of gender identity issues. How that person decides to transition is of course all up to them, so it may or may not include surgical intervention or even hormones.

but if it causes them to go into insta sad mode anytime someone brings up the truth, maybe it isnt so great?
The end goal of transitioning usually is that they 'pass' and nobody questions their gender anymore and it becomes a complete non-issue. Also, this is why it's often necessary for newly transitioning trans people to cut people out of their lives who refuse to acknowledge them as the gender they feel comfortable as. If needed they build a new social circle that only knows them as their new gender. Additionally, many trans people aren't actually bothered by this enough to need any action.

like maybe its better to just accept the love u were born as and grow from it, but maybe trans ppl just cant?
Relatives of trans people often think this way too, but the truth is that doing nothing just causes self loathing and other feelings of unease to build up over time. It's not safe to leave untreated. Transitioning almost always relieves those feelings.

another thought i had about it was that it kinda reminds me of ppl who spend tons of money on plastic surgery, chasing some perfect image they imagine themselves as, unable to accept they way they look instead. they damage their natural, valuable, healthy and functioning body to look and feel better about themselves, but if they just learned to accept reality then they'd be better off is that im getting at. just seems kinda... wrong? unhealthy?
Self image issues are definitely an epidemic among trans people. Gender therapists will usually help guide trans people through these and help them realize that they don't need to look like supermodels to 'pass'. That said though, there are plenty of things that are completely reasonable to modify in order to adjust essential gender-defining traits. Hormone therapy is extremely effective and far safer than the risks of self harm that come from leaving themselves untreated. Surgeries are expensive but also extremely safe and very effective at what they do, though they're a lot less common than just hormone therapy. Many trans people never feel the need to have surgery to feel satisfied with their transition.

but in my own opinion, a life where u accept what u are and keep it that way sounds a lot more enjoyable than changing it and sacrificing the valuables that it came with.
Again, all trans people have unique experiences, expectations, and desires. For most, the downsides of what they must sacrifice from their current life and rebuilding to transition are insignificant to the overall happiness they gain from being transitioned.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 01:05:00 AM by Pecon »

whats it like to have surgery
no not gender swap surgery just surgery in general

The anesthesiologist sticks an IV into your arm, you count back from 10 with them and you fall asleep. Moments later you wake up in post-op and if you're unlucky you throw up a bunch from the anesthesia. Then you spend a bunch of time recovering.

Imagine going under anesthetic, then after you wake up you feel forgetin stiff and it's like when you have a cramp in your legs and it hurts like forget to walk on them but for weeks. Also you cant scratch it even though it feels like there's ants crawling up to that area usually

You pass out within seconds and you don't know it until you wake up

When I did it I was like "I'm going to stay awake as long as I can" when they stuck it into me, right as I finished saying that, my memory stopped until I woke up in the recovery room

It's really strange

Also for the treated area and such

then after you wake up you feel forgetin stiff. Also you cant scratch it even though it feels like there's ants crawling up to that area usually

You pass out within seconds and you don't know it until you wake up
now that's what i call a first date ;)

youre all loving drama queens lol
How would you like it if I responded to you saying this:

"Oi fam, you're loving moist brv I'll bang you if you come round saying dat again brv"

Would you take me seriously? no you would not. You sound like an idiot, and we are drama queens? you're proving to be an asshat here

you have a lot of imagination

like srsly read my first post again i talk worse to my friends when they say something dumb or bad without realizing. i hate saying this stuff but get a life damn

i literally made this post earlier that day

this is how all my posts on this forum are can you forget off twat
if you made a loving word cloud of my most used words on this forum it would look like this

forget
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:41:53 AM by hootaloo »

the only trans (they havent gotten surgery but they refer to themselves as a 'they') person i know is extremely assertive about it and it bothers the hell out of me

being LGB isnt a decision mouse droidz

but being trans, IS.

like srsly read my first post again i talk worse to my friends when they say something dumb or bad without realizing. i hate saying this stuff but get a life damn

i literally made this post earlier that day

You're one sad strange little man

youre a loving idiot if you think im trying to be badass by swearing here, trying to act like you know me

who the forget are you to say this? this is projecting dude, you don't know if that's how someone else feels about it.
i don't think you understand that for a while now at least MtF surgery has been 1:1.

i also do not think you understand that loads of transgender people do not go for surgery, and are completely fine with that.
listen man a lot of what you wrote is you projecting your own feelings about it on other people. ultimately what transgender people do is because it is what makes them feel comfortable in their body. love change or not, topsurgery or not.

this post is light as forget, you can all go forget yourselves.