Diablo already a disaster.

Author Topic: Diablo already a disaster.  (Read 2511 times)

Blizzard is facing an unprecedented backlash after it ended its BlizzCon opening ceremony with the announcement of a Diablo mobile game.

Diablo Immortal is a brand new Diablo game set in the Diablo universe and exclusive to mobiles. It's developed by Blizzard in partnership with Chinese video game company NetEase.

The backlash kicked off on social media and websites such as reddit as soon as the announcement was made, with universal criticism of the game and Blizzard from those who were watching online.

But there has also been an outcry at BlizzCon itself, where fans complained about the Diablo mobile game being used as the big finish to an event that charged hundreds of dollars for a ticket.

If there's a focal point for the backlash, then it is a fan who asked Blizzard developers whether Diablo Immortal was "an out of season April Fools' joke" during a Q&A session on mic, on stream and in a crowd of hundreds.

A recording of this awkward exchange has gone viral on social media, and the Diablo community has pounced upon it. r/diablo is currently packed with comments from angry Diablo fans who are hitting out at Blizzard over the existence of Diablo Immortal and the nature of its reveal, and some have accused the game of being a "reskin" of another NetEase mobile game called Crusaders of Light. The video, below, is being used to point out both games have remarkably similar user interfaces.

Now the devs are attacking the fans and claiming not liking phone games is a sign of toxic masculinity.

imagine being a hardcore pc game fan for decades only to hear the next game is going to be a mobile game.

even bigger disappointment than artifact

blizzard really forgeted up i hope everyone in blizz corp lays down and never gets up

blizzard is doubling down and now paying articles to claim not liking mobile games is an issue with toxic masculinity.

i stopped taking blizzard seriously years ago when they released team social justice fortress 2.

i stopped taking blizzard seriously years ago when they released team social justice fortress 2.

I still can't believe developers think playing the SJW card will help them.

There is a website dedicated to showing how youtube and other companies manipulating ratings

Diablo is doing this now

They are going to have to disable ratings soon because if you look at the 4th image that means no matter how hard they try to censor more and more people will downvote.

i cant wait till all the triple A game studios crumble because they are just too dumb/money hungry to make games people want

i cant wait till all the triple A game studios crumble because they are just too dumb/money hungry to make games people want

See that's the issue with AAA game studios. They have to dumb down their games to make sure it appeals to literally EVERYONE.

So what happens when you try to make a game for everyone? It's gonna be loving stuff. It's going to be loving watered down.

So what happens when they try to appeal to the 1% of their SJW fanbase? The 99% of their normal fanbase gets pissed off.

on the contrary they’re trying to grab the massive casual gamer market by giving them someting they’d want to play. unfortunately that generally means mobile game + microtransactions, both of which gamer subculter abhors.

on the contrary they’re trying to grab the massive casual gamer market by giving them someting they’d want to play. unfortunately that generally means mobile game + microtransactions, both of which gamer subculter abhors.

Sooooooo couldn't they just develop a PC game that also had mobile support? So they get the hardcore PC gamers and some bonus phone gamers.

I don't think people in that crowed would have been as upset as they were.

But when asked why no PC support blizzard says that they "all have phones."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 11:12:35 PM by King Tøny »