Author Topic: No Piracy  (Read 197691 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
You are visiting a forum owned by someone who makes their living selling a game.    Posts encouraging software piracy are extremely disrespectful.

Do not:
  • Do not talk about pirating software
  • Do not give links to software pirating sites
  • Do not give instructions on how to pirate software
  • Do not talk about how you just pirated software
  • Do not give links/talk about/show off private or cracked mmo servers - this is piracy
  • Do not use "clever" innuendo to talk about any of these things

Stuff that is ok:

Would a PS1 game multiplayer remake be abandonware? How do I check?

Badspot

• Administrator
If it's a remake being made for free then it's fine. 

Thank you Badspot. Hopefully soon this(by itself) will cut out the 57 brawl threads and the other games from off topic!

I got banned for this post. Dont do loop holes.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 09:02:29 AM by General Omega »

Wow.  Thanks Badspot.

So i can talk about how i got ultra iso which is an emulator. But i cant talk about how i used it to get ooohhhh say halo 1.
Emulation is only legal if you bought the game. Like say I have an NES but it doesn't work, and own say Paper Boy for this NES. In that case it would be legal for me ton download and and play it with an emulator.

Badspot

• Administrator
Thanks for bringing up a great point, General Omega.  That point being that the spirit of the law is to be obeyed, not the letter, and snarky technicalities such as yours will not be tolerated.

Ouch. Yeah.. talking about piracy can get people from the community, or just Blockland's whole community in some trouble.

Ouch. Yeah.. talking about piracy can get people from the community, or just Blockland's whole community in some trouble.
Not really, It's just extremely disrespectful as Badspot said.

So i can talk about how i got ultra iso which is an emulator. But i cant talk about how i used it to get ooohhhh say halo 1.

User was banned for this post
Badspot you just solved a problem.

If you say so...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 12:17:11 PM by chaseyqurt »

Really ? I thought he was making some burgers .
BadBurgerSpot 
BadSpot's Burgers 
. . So am I the only one that felt as if my IQ dropped after reading Chasey's post?

I was just stating that he was pointing out the obvious and using sarcasm to point that out.

It was about 12:30 give or take and I was bored.

I like how badspot arranged the rules so everything under it is "Do not", so you can't do it. Although all the points start with a "Do not" under the category so it rules it out, basically saying you can do that.