Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii ATTENTION: Now with many spoliers  (Read 19107 times)

Mario Kart Wii looks like a great game for some newbie gamer to play.

...yeah, I'll pass on this one. I'm really into the competitive side of MK (the time trial sites and stuff), and if there's no snaking, so much for a decent competitive side. What a disappointment.

I has nintendo power on it

Aparrently there are "turbo bikes"(i.e. motorbikes) as well as racing karts.
Alot of remade stages from the old games.

Items list:(new means it hasnt appeared in the series before)
Green shell, Triple green shells, red shells, Triple red shells, spiny shell, mushroom, triple mushrooms, golden mushroom, mega mushroom(new), lightning, lightning cloud(new), banana, triple bananas, blooper, bob-omb, pow block(new), star, fake item box, boo, bullet bill.

You can race as a Mii as well.

Battle mode has Coin runners(collect most coins in a time period) and Balloon battle.

You can race online as expected and share time trial data.

There are 12 standard characters and 6 hidden ones,
Standards:
Baby Mario
Baby Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Koopa Troopa
Luigi
Mario
Peach
Toad
Waluigi
Wario
Yoshi
and 6 other hidden characters

32 race tracks

Nice find.  I'm not really finding the greatness that the brothers of it have.  Online should be fun though.

No clue on the hidden characters yet.

Change of Topic: Whatever happened to the Mario Kart arcade machine. Truly, there were gonna make it.
There's two at an arcade in my town. It's quite fun. You get to pose for a photo that has a characteristic of the character you're playing as on it. So say you're posing and the character you picked is Mario, it puts a little Mario hat on your head.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:01:20 PM by TheWorm »

bump'd because i can't wait for this

april 11th <3

Mkwii installs a channel to your wii so you can check for open online rooms and leaderboards without the disk in  : D

We british are lucky :D
Cant wait, heard some more details of the game in the offical UK Nintendo magazine and Ngamer.

32 race tracks

Well that is new. That is double the number of tracks of every other game, except Super Mario Kart which had 20.

bump'd because i can't wait for this

april 11th <3

Mkwii installs a channel to your wii so you can check for open online rooms and leaderboards without the disk in  : D

Here it is like the 27th or so last I saw.  Did it change or is that Europe?

Must just be pay back for SSBB.

Well I know theres a controler that looks like a steering wheel. You can do wheelys. and there are some walls like skate bord ones you can go flying up on them and in the air you can do a trick. It looks awsome.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 08:49:32 PM by Penguin Mario »

Well I know theres a controler that looks like a steering wheel.
Oh my God.

Well I know theres a controler that looks like a steering wheel.

THIS IS NEW AND EXCITING