The war on fake news | 50+ targeted in lawsuit.

Poll

Do you trust the Mainstream Media?

Yes
11 (40.7%)
No
16 (59.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: The war on fake news | 50+ targeted in lawsuit.  (Read 6667 times)

-cherry picked article-
-screenshot of cnn-

if you're seeing something I'm not please do feel free to paint me a picture that doesn't read like a doomsday preacher
perhaps you're missing the part where:

A. most of their abhorrent actions happened on TV
B. they retract articles way past the point where it would have been effective, to save face and pretend like they were "doing the right thing". Just leave a tag stating the article is no longer accurate or completely, but don't delete it.
C. cnn is Crazy but CNN is Crazier.

edit: Common sense is now banned
thats the same as banning phonebooks cause no one ever uses them

perhaps you're missing the part where:

A. most of their abhorrent actions happened on TV
B. they retract articles way past the point where it would have been effective, to save face and pretend like they were "doing the right thing". Just leave a tag stating the article is no longer accurate or completely, but don't delete it.
C. cnn is Crazy but CNN is Crazier.
a) dare I ask you to elaborate
b) don't act like you wouldn't shout "muh hiding evidence" if it was deleted. saying it's inaccurate is probably the best thing they could be doing for any party
c) that's really a matter of opinion but the point is that you can't hold double standards without affirming your lack of a brain
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:28:18 PM by Drydess »

I recommend these people start learning to code

I recommend they don't because I don't want to compete with stuffbag journalists nor do I want to work alongside them. They should learn how to find food in a dumpster instead.

a) dare I ask you to elaborate
The bullstuff Covington Catholic Controversy

Magically appearing in front of Roger Stone's house nearly half an hour before the arrest happened

"We can look at the leaked emails, but you can't"

24/7  "Xd Orange man bad" despite any good he's done, this never ends.

Blatant partisanship despite claiming to be an unbiased media source.

b) don't act like you wouldn't shout "muh hiding evidence" if it wasn't deleted. saying it's inaccurate is probably the best thing they could be doing for any party
Why would I shout about them hiding evidence... if they didn't delete it? Yes, being truthful is good for everyone, i mean that's a given.

c) that's really a matter of opinion but the point is that you can't hold double standards without affirming your lack of a brain
so an adhominem attack?

cnn is over the top asinine, it's going to either attract crazies or create memes. CNN plays itself straight, despite spreading bullstuff and throwing temper tantrum attacks at anyone who dares to question their narrative.

I recommend they don't because I don't want to compete with stuffbag journalists nor do I want to work alongside them. They should learn how to find food in a dumpster instead.
They'd never do it anyway because programmers need to know the difference between true and false statements.

damn, smiling is so damn stupid, smh.
putting yourself out there in the public eye is stupid. if you want to be tribal or whatever, better do it at home rather than attract unwanted attention. that way you dont attract hate for your beliefs.

Why would I shout about them hiding evidence... if they didn't delete it? Yes, being truthful is good for everyone, i mean that's a given.
meant to say "was," typo

putting yourself out there in the public eye is stupid. if you want to be tribal or whatever, better do it at home rather than attract unwanted attention. that way you dont attract hate for your beliefs.
Wearing a MAGA hat is tribal now?
or is smiling tribal?

When did cnn spread false information about the Covington Catholic kid?

Oh this is specifically about the kid thing?

like a 'im with her' button, anyone who wears a maga hat intentionally is a genetic liability. i actually work with someone who came to work with a maga hat and this is the same person who talks to himself non-stop and constantly fights with customers. and he's the only one who does this

like an anime or furry profile picture, anyone with a maga hat is announcing their handicapation to the world proudly
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:41:43 PM by PhantOS »

Oh this is specifically about the kid thing?
Thats what the lawsuit is about, yes.

like a 'im with her' button, anyone who wears a maga hat intentionally is a genetic liability. i actually work with someone who came to work with a maga hat and this is the same person who talks to himself non-stop and constantly fights with customers. and he's the only one who does this

like an anime or furry profile picture, anyone with a maga hat is announcing their handicapation to the world proudly
Yeah, so you're basing this on purely personal experiences? Projecting this onto a kid, with a group of others who also were wearing MAGA hats?

I can't agree with most of this. Except for the part where people with Anime/Furry profile pictures are handicapped. that's good.

or is smiling tribal?
no, its an example of “if you know its controversial, keep it to yourself”. i would just as easily replace tribal with radical feminists and lgbtq activists who feel the need to push their views onto others. its not about “what view is right”, its about keeping public civility by avoiding controversial topics.

you /know/ people are incredibly polarized in modern society regarding anything remotely political. unless you’re looking for a fight you shouldnt be putting it on display in public

also nice job missing phantos’ point entirely. he was just stating an example of such self-selection for conflict hes seen at work, not implying that maga/conservatives are more prime for this kind of conflict than others.

no, its an example of “if you know its controversial, keep it to yourself”. i would just as easily replace tribal with radical feminists and lgbtq activists who feel the need to push their views onto others. its not about “what view is right”, its about keeping public civility by avoiding controversial topics.
Regardless of what you think the "polite thing to do" is, it is their right to be able to wear those hats, without having a nation-wide mob target and attempt to ruin their lives over it. There's a difference between people getting confrontational and a major news network jumping the gun and falsely labeling a child tribal. It's not the responsibility of the person holding a controversial position to be quiet to keep civility. That sounds like repression of wrong-think more than it sounds like being polite and civil.

im not saying the media is to be excused for what they did. but its not like the people involved didnt know what they were setting themselves up for. its the same way someone whos prone to road rage is more likely to lose a fight with strangers. learn to control it or accept that you’re running the risk of getting beat by someone else in a fight. the only way to avoid getting beat is if you dont fight (or trigger a fight) at all