SpeedKart Remastered - We're accepting tracks!

Author Topic: SpeedKart Remastered - We're accepting tracks!  (Read 7223 times)

Back in 2013, Blockland received the SpeedKart Gamemode in an update, it brought a default racing experience for the game which features the SpeedKart vehicles by Filipe1020, tracks by Nasoa and the ModTer bricks by GSF Ghost, and it turned out to be the most played gamemode in the game (excluding Custom), in 2019 we believe that we could bring it back, more refined and updated to a higher standard of quality, but still based on what made the original fun with a few new features, here's a list of what we plan to so far.

- New SpeedKarts, completely redone or brand new models that will be of a higher quality and a lot more polished compared to the originals, with improvements on the collision, handling and suspension settings, and it will also feature 16 karts compared to 14 in the original, please bear in mind that the in-game physics are broken so that won't garantee to fix all of the problems.
- Updated default tracks with more details.
- More tracks to come as standard from the community, you can help in that aspect if you want!
- Icons for the kart spawns to replace the letters and numbers.
- Support for Siba's ModTer Bricks, Teneksi's Lights, Falosaur's Foliage Brick Pack, Zone Bricks and events.

Here are a few screenshots.

You can help with this project by providing tracks that can be featured with the gamemode, you'll be credited for your work.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 07:55:30 AM by Filipe »

Got a general guideline or starting point for making a track?

Got a general guideline or starting point for making a track?
For now you can use the default starting point from the original SpeedKart, I'll replace it with the new one when it's ready.

did you have to ruin it with the weird trees

did you have to ruin it with the weird trees
I wanted to add more detail on the beach part of the track, also having a tree pack, this one in particular have a big selection of trees, plants and other details, instead of building the trees brick by brick will reduce the brick count a lot, giving room for more details elsewhere.

There's this vehicle collision enhancer that might be of interest: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=296466.0 but you'd probably want the value set to 8 if you do use it since it's very taxing on the server.

There's this vehicle collision enhancer that might be of interest: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=296466.0 but you'd probably want the value set to 8 if you do use it since it's very taxing on the server.
Thanks I'll vive it a try.

Good to see that this is going somewhere.
Maybe you can use this poll to know which tracks to remake, or just download the more notorious SpeedKart tracks.
I know I posted this before in the other thread but I just wanted to make sure it doesn't get pagelost or something. so shush

I also think that you should use an edited version of FASTKarts. Not for the karts themselves, mind you, but because of the various features it added to the SpeedKart GameMode, such as a Rocket gamemode, support for both server-wide music and local (boombox) music, map categories, and map voting.
I have an edited version of it myself that's pretty much regular SpeedKart but with the FASTKarts features I listed above.

If you want to make a track for the gamemode, here are a few themes you could use:
- Desert
- City
- Space
- Tropical
- Factory
- Castle (Or medieval in general)
- Asian Temple
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 01:25:11 PM by Filipe »

If you want to make a track for the gamemode, here are a few themes you could use:
- Desert
- City
- Space
- Tropical
- Factory
do castles count as "tracks"

Sure, I'll add that in.
so i'm getting credit ingame for thinking of ideas

also, add village

Is there any chance we can get a demo cart from the new batch to test tracks with? Not sure if there are any differences between the old and new carts.

Is there any chance we can get a demo cart from the new batch to test tracks with? Not sure if there are any differences between the old and new carts.
I don't want to hand out an early version of the karts publicly, what I can do however is send it as a private message for people who are working on new tracks so they can test them out and give feedback.

Is there a deadline for the tracks? I have a few but Id need to finish them