Author Topic: Space Engine - 0.990  (Read 4355 times)

The world's first science-based photorealistic interactive 3D planetarium that models the entire Universe, using procedural generation for uncharted areas.

SpaceEngine is a realistic virtual Universe you can explore on your computer. You can travel from star to star, from galaxy to galaxy, landing on any planet, moon, or asteroid with the ability to explore its alien landscape. You can alter the speed of time and observe any celestial phenomena you please. All transitions are completely seamless, and this virtual universe has a size of billions of light-years across and contains trillions upon trillions of planetary systems. The procedural generation is based on real scientific knowledge, so SpaceEngine depicts the universe the way it is thought to be by modern science. Real celestial objects are also present if you want to visit them, including the planets and moons of our Solar system, thousands of nearby stars with newly discovered exoplanets, and thousands of galaxies that are currently known.

User-created Albums

i love the black hole simulations in this

Nice to see this thing is still around. I just wish there was a way to learn how they do it. Games like Elite could massively benefit from this technology.

Nice to see this thing is still around. I just wish there was a way to learn how they do it. Games like Elite could massively benefit from this technology.
yeah, I have thought about how fun a space game like elite dangerous using space engine would be, and possibly some features like no mans sky like the creatures and plants and stuff like that lol

i've wanted this since the dawn of time

have the space ship controls improved in the paid version? I remember it being pretty primitive and useless for interplanetary flight in the free version

heres a cool screenshot i took once

space engine is fun even though its just an engine though i wonder if any games will ever use it