YouTube now banning Hacking & Netsec videos from their platform

Author Topic: YouTube now banning Hacking & Netsec videos from their platform  (Read 3141 times)

https://boingboing.net/2019/07/03/nobus-r-us.html
something something youtube is removing videos that teaches how to hack stuff, including the existing videos as well.
You can find it on https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801964?hl=en

we did it guys, hacking is no more.
in the meanwhile ads containing research, copyrighted materials, scams and loving swear words are still around

editing op to avoid some confusion and more info
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 05:08:50 AM by Generic Face »

i dont see the difference between YT and TV anymore
new platform please, this has come full circle and i dont like TV

This sucks, as alot of the content I watch involves homebrew, exploits and mods to existing games

RIP Modern Vintage Gamer, Voultar, Antdude and pretty much any other channel that talks about Homebrew, hardware modding and software modding.

But hey, YouTube is a private company, so just get over it.

rip videos on hacking my consoles

bullstuff excuse that people need to stop using, private companies do not have infallible authority and are often used as tools to keep people from seeing/saying things they dont like

RIP Modern Vintage Gamer, Voultar, Antdude and pretty much any other channel that talks about Homebrew, hardware modding and software modding.

being tribal online =/= posting tutorial videos about hacking consoles

but bruh, time to save all my netsec videos forget

bullstuff excuse that people need to stop using, private companies do not have infallible authority and are often used as tools to keep people from seeing/saying things they dont like
Nope, either they're a private company or this is a dictatorship.
no alternatives. sorry ;c
being tribal online =/= posting tutorial videos about hacking consoles

but bruh, time to save all my netsec videos forget
I'm sorry you believe anyone who says something you disagree with is tribal.

But like you've said and I just said. They're a private company, quit bitching.
This is the future you chose.

Nope, either they're a private company or this is a dictatorship.
no alternatives. sorry ;cI'm sorry you believe anyone who says something you disagree with is tribal.

But like you've said and I just said. They're a private company, quit bitching.
This is the future you chose.
i've said multiple times i dont give a stuff if we have a disagreement on tax policy or whatever the forget

but stephen crowder doesnt actually care about anything other that yelling friend and making tribal skits against asians

and this is quite literally not the "future I chose" you loving braindead trogolodyte, I'm a syndicalist, I advocate for worker/consumer cooperatives, you are making my case for me

companies ARE dictatorships under capitalism.

maybe if you got your head out of your ass and actually advocated for unionisation or for youtube to become a public utility so people could actually vote on how and what its used for. but no, you'll keep voting for Annoying Orange because you actually dont care about democracy, you just want corporate fascism. Annoying Orange and the rest of the republicans/democrats will always vote for the protection of capital and enforce workplace dictatorships because that's where their special interests lie

i've said multiple times i dont give a stuff if we have a disagreement on tax policy or whatever the forget

but stephen crowder doesnt actually care about anything other that yelling friend and making tribal skits against asians
holy loving stuff. talk about an over generalization. Steven Crowder is an edgy comedian. "tribal skits against asians".

stuff like this is no one takes comments like yours seriously. Crowder isn't loving walking into random racial minority's houses and busting their kneecaps for being anything but white.
He makes edgy jokes that piss you off.

and this is quite literally not the "future I chose" you loving braindead trogolodyte, I'm a syndicalist, I advocate for worker/consumer cooperatives, you are making my case for me

companies ARE dictatorships under capitalism.

maybe if you got your head out of your ass and actually advocated for unionisation or for youtube to become a public utility so people could actually vote on how and what its used for. but no, you'll keep voting for Annoying Orange because you actually dont care about democracy, you just want corporate fascism. Annoying Orange and the rest of the republicans/democrats will always vote for the protection of capital and enforce workplace dictatorships because that's where their special interests lie

I don't wanna say you're talking like a communist, because it's so loving basic. But hot damn. You've got a full on "us against them" mentality.  You go on to talk about how I'm supposedly against democracy, then you go ahead and stuff on the democratic system and people who vote for people who in turn vote.

I've 100% always been on board with making YouTube a public utility. But you and your forgetstick buttbuddies always come to run in everytime someone you don't like gets banned, and you justify youtube's actions with some bullstuff like "they're a private company."

But when the same happens to you, then you're angry. When I force feed these words back to you, you then turn around and act like none of you have ever stood by this nonsense bullstuff.

we did it guys, hacking is no more.
in the meanwhile ads containing research, copyrighted materials, scams and loving swear words are still around
there are videos about cleaning and dilating your vagina that exceed 10 minutes and have ads

thank god i moved to essentials; if i was still doing romhacks my career would be over lmao
(not trying to shill essentials it sucks ass)

I don't wanna say you're talking like a communist, because it's so loving basic. But hot damn. You've got a full on "us against them" mentality.  You go on to talk about how I'm supposedly against democracy, then you go ahead and stuff on the democratic system and people who vote for people who in turn vote.
I'm not stuffting on people for voting, I'm stuffting on the people that we have to "represent" us, the people in both parties are so loving knees deep in corporate donations it's insane. I'm more of a direct action guy because I think that the US election system is immeasurably corrupt I prefer advocating for change by:
1. voting for non-corporate bought or candidates that have clear financial or material gain at the interests of him or his buddies
2. volunteering for unions and workforce democratization.
3. actually working for and being a customer of cooperatives.
I've 100% always been on board with making YouTube a public utility. But you and your forgetstick buttbuddies always come to run in everytime someone you don't like gets banned, and you justify youtube's actions with some bullstuff like "they're a private company."

But when the same happens to you, then you're angry. When I force feed these words back to you, you then turn around and act like none of you have ever stood by this nonsense bullstuff.
ok, I'll give you props for finally admitting something coherent, I am 100% on board for advocating for some kind of online forum/video/town square of sorts that is regulated and run entirely by a government agency, but as long as their a private entity, i see people getting banned off of youtube as the equivalent of getting kicked out of your local bar for yelling the n word at someone

and another change for making youtube public would have the condition of: you cant make money by uploading videos anymore because a lot of channels would violate campaign finance laws that way since their political content would be federally funded.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 10:15:21 AM by Aide33 »

there are videos about cleaning and dilating your vagina that exceed 10 minutes and have ads
where