Author Topic: HUD Suggestions: Armor, Vehicle HP, Squad Info  (Read 3146 times)

So we know the default energy bar and iban/kyuande's health bar, right?
But what about our cars? Those things have health too, you know!
Right now the only way to see your vehicle's health is with the pipe wrench when you're already repairing it, which means that if you don't know your car is dying and don't think to repair it you could get in quite the pickle.
Back in 2017 someone requested this feature, Kyuande said he'd add it and then shelved the idea.
(https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=313257.0)

This could work like an addition to Script_Healthbar. It could be a separate add-on that doesn't need the health bar to be enabled but is clearly meant for it, having a server.cs that transmits the health of the mounted vehicle (and if the player is mounted to a tank turret, then the health of the tank turret if it's lonely, and the health of the vehicle the turret is on if it's mounted) and a client.cs to display a bar with which to display the received info.
Here are some example images i've drawn up.

[/s] Done! Thanks.

Like the things in ZAPT.

You can pick up to 4 teammates to display item icon, health, and energy (optionally) (and nothing else!) of.
It could also be just the ZAPT panels with options to set the teammate of which panel and without the inventory icons or bigger panel for yourself.

Should be restricted to slayer teammates.

Like the vehicle health bar, but only shown if the player has an armor level above 0.

Shows the player's armor level from Phanto's Doom Armors.

Yet another "take this variable and put it into a rectangle", a big health that can either be the health of the Boss team in One Man Army or the health of a bot via an event.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:53:21 AM by maxymax13 »

I'll probably do it. If anyone else wants to, feel free.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 06:21:43 AM by jes00 »

The savior has come! We're rescued!

I'm just going to make an updated version of Script_HealthBar with the vehicle part added in.

As long as it properly supports the older versions when joining a server with the old version and when players join running the old version (ofc they don't see the vehicle health) and the bar only shows up when mounted it's fine.

It's mostly done but I might not have much time to work on it the rest of the week.

I've added some other random HUD ideas from the back of my head if someone else feels like tackling them.

The status mod could also be a heavily edited version of the ZAPT panels..

I finished the vehicle health bar. Since I made it part of Script_HealthBar, I gave it to Visolator since he's the one who gave Script_HealthBar a tune-up and put it on Blockland Glass. It's backward compatible with the version Visolator made and should be with the older version too.

I finished the vehicle health bar. Since I made it part of Script_HealthBar, I gave it to Visolator since he's the one who gave Script_HealthBar a tune-up and put it on Blockland Glass. It's backward compatible with the version Visolator made and should be with the older version too.
Mind PMing me it in the meantime?

I would like to use this bump ot tell any other add-on makers that i still need the squad info and armor bar for a project.

a squad info thing i could suggest is the player's head with their current item on the bottom of their info

bumpin' this before it barrels into the 2nd page
jes00 is currently locked in my basement preoccupied with my other request but if some other add-on maker is interested...

the B in bump stands for bump

That hud for a bot as an event would be loving fantastic