Gautier00 - Plagiarism and Intellectual Theft

Author Topic: Gautier00 - Plagiarism and Intellectual Theft  (Read 34717 times)

It was on his mind, who cares? He is not apart of the tavern

tfw your mod content is so original and wacky nobody can steal it *laughs in phanto*

tfw your mod content is so original and wacky nobody can steal it *laughs in phanto*
tfw you make an assembly parser just so nobody ever touches your content

all jokes aside this entire thread is one big nonissue because in the world of competition the better product will always win, whether it be the ripoff or the original. if you like the gautier00 flavor of jayce-esque content, then he has the thing just for you. if you like jayce's handcrafted bullstuff then download it. none of this stuff is copyrighted so there's no intellectual theft going on.

i guess you could call it plagiarism but i prefer to call it heavily inspired. jayce doesn't own the idea of uninteresting brown rooms or jack frost or stuff (although the OC part was definitely plagiarism). gautier00 is merely iterating very subtly on jayce's ideas and refusing to provide credit at his own discretion which is a richard move but he has no obligation to do so.

all of this is just people exercising their freedom to design and contribute and iterate on similar ideas, as everyone in history has done. it's apparent gautier00 is inspired by jayce (or obsessed) but a lot of people take inspiration from people and art styles that dictates their entire creative thought process. i was obsessed with bushido and dedicated a month where i studied all his stuff closely just to unlock the secret behind good models (it was decorative screws)

all jokes aside this entire thread is one big nonissue because in the world of competition the better product will always win, whether it be the ripoff or the original. if you like the gautier00 flavor of jayce-esque content, then he has the thing just for you. if you like jayce's handcrafted bullstuff then download it. none of this stuff is copyrighted so there's no intellectual theft going on.

i guess you could call it plagiarism but i prefer to call it heavily inspired. jayce doesn't own the idea of uninteresting brown rooms or jack frost or stuff (although the OC part was definitely plagiarism). gautier00 is merely iterating very subtly on jayce's ideas and refusing to provide credit at his own discretion which is a richard move but he has no obligation to do so.

all of this is just people exercising their freedom to design and contribute and iterate on similar ideas, as everyone in history has done. it's apparent gautier00 is inspired by jayce (or obsessed) but a lot of people take inspiration from people and art styles that dictates their entire creative thought process. i was obsessed with bushido and dedicated a month where i studied all his stuff closely just to unlock the secret behind good models (it was decorative screws)
The main problem isn't about plagiarism, Phanto, it's about how creepy Gautier is being to become Jayce.  Yes, you have the freedom to exercise your ideas and inspiration, but to the point where you're following every single move of your inspiration is going too far, even outside of Blockland.  In your case, you're saying that you're basing your stuff off of Bushido, which is understandable since he's no longer with our community, but in Gautier's case, he tries to replicate his content as soon as Jayce does it.

You have no idea how stressed Jayce is about this ordeal he's been forced to face for years.  Even though this is a forgetin' lego game, Jayce cannot comprehend this inconceivable battle that challenged the end of all of his memories for this game.  Hell- we're under Gautier's shadow at this rate because of this.  I doubt that half the members of the Fraternized Arcade (Gautier's public discord group for Blockland) even know about the origins of Gautier's creations since they're mostly exposed to him rather than Jayce.  This is challenging Jayce's life for Blockland, and it's quite depressing.  His motive has slowly been killed off by Gautier's "ctrl+c" act, and the Tavern- for sure- doesn't want that to happen.

Why are you always bad at devil's advocate?

all of this is just people exercising their freedom to design and contribute and iterate on similar ideas, as everyone in history has done. it's apparent gautier00 is inspired by jayce (or obsessed) but a lot of people take inspiration from people and art styles that dictates their entire creative thought process.
I agree with you entirely, fair point. This is more about how much of a richard he is for not giving credit and passing it off entirely as his own work. From taking builds in almost in entirely and changing them ever so slightly as shown before, WITHOUT giving any credit and saying "Gee look guys! This is my work" is completely deplorable.

Im all for people making their own versions of others work. But when someone is a richard, takes others work in almost a 1 to 1 fashion, passing it off as their own to discredit the original author (yes it has happened) should by NO means be in the same vain.

The main problem isn't about plagiarism, Phanto, it's about how creepy Gautier is being to become Jayce.  Yes, you have the freedom to exercise your ideas and inspiration, but to the point where you're following every single move of your inspiration is going too far, even outside of Blockland.  In your case, you're saying that you're basing your stuff off of Bushido, which is understandable since he's no longer with our community, but in Gautier's case, he tries to replicate his content as soon as Jayce does it.
Also agree

I guess to finish while others would spend a month to 5 months tops (maybe a lifetime) being inspired from a piece of work, and when someone looks at a span of at least 5 FREAKING YEARS of Gautier acting like a snake trying to pass other original hard work as his... it really makes someone think. Doesn't it?

hey look not playing devils advocate but if i was jayce i'd continue doing my thang and let hoes like gautier00 be mad. i'd find it forgetin flattering if someone were to make exact replicas of all my stuff as soon as i make it. like it shouldn't interfere with your life THAT much where you feel like you're being muscled out of your own turf by a stuffty copycat.

there's no way he's living in gautier's shadow. jayce is at least 400x more memorable than gautier and he would be 1000x more if gautier didn't have two zeros in his name. he has literally nothing to worry about and frankly making a whole drama like this about it as if it's destroying his lifes work is kinda blowing it out of proportion.

yo gautier what the forget

Why are you always bad at devil's advocate?
why are you always bad at not looking like a whole snack just kiss me already my asian prince

to be fair im only playing devil's advocate because i'm super loving bored right now. in all honesty this dude's a creep

You got some crud on your chest, phanto. Also you need to take out the trash.

I'd find it forgetin flattering if someone were to make exact replicas of all my stuff as soon as i make it.
It was... then it became annoying... then disturbing... almost like a parasite sucking the last drop of blood from their host.

You got some crud on your chest, phanto. Also you need to take out the trash.
ماينكرافت جنس مود bruh

people make drama threads still?

gautier is a thing supporter >:(