Gautier00 - Plagiarism and Intellectual Theft

Author Topic: Gautier00 - Plagiarism and Intellectual Theft  (Read 34714 times)

-A video on Gautier's Copy & Paste-
Dare you to come into this thread and be like "Well now that you took my build, all is fair and balance in the world!!11"

Except we didn't take anything from this build. Everything in this build is basically a stuffty replica of our own assests.

Imagine if you got caught for counterfeiting money and your defense is that "it's only a dollar bill" and you're not guilty because you got George Washington's nose wrong.

no son, we have dungeon raiders at home.

Dare you to come into this thread and be like "Well now that you took my build, all is fair and balance in the world!!11"

Except we didn't take anything from this build. Everything in this build is basically a stuffty replica of our own assets.
I'm perfectly fine with it, people have saved stuff I've hosted in the past and I've never had issues with it. DR3 practically took a lot of concepts from memequest alone when it comes to an ultimate system, potions in your inventory, I mean we just really don't care if someone else does similar stuff or even uses similar assets. Regardless if they were re-created or not, we're just not picky individuals. If I was making some sort of living and actually copyrighting the stuff we did then its a different subject, but nothing about any of the stuff we do instigates with any actual "intellectual property".  Even then I'd be perfectly fine with someone using stuff I've done myself, even if it was copyrighted material. A lot of saloon members feel that way. You're free to browse the build as much as you want, that goes for all our stuff. I can't speak on behalf of dark though but with the amount of conversations I've had with him regarding this topic, again we just don't care. In the end when it comes to all of this, we're just looking to have fun with what we host, but fortunately for you guys I'm assuming, I'm losing interest with blockland as of late and I'm planning on moving on to something new. So regardless of how much longer you guys plan on dragging this drama for, we're pretty much done overall. You're free to continue the thread if you want, but I have said it many times that I myself and the rest of our group want to cut contact with you guys completely, it's just a waste of time arguing over a game of blocks and none of us gain anything over this. Even way before all of this even happened to begin with, I don't think I was ever truly respected by anybody in the tavern and it continues to this day, even if none of this stuff occurred it would of stayed the same exact way. So I hope you guys take care of yourselves and enjoy life to the fullest. The Saloon are moving on, we have nothing left to add here.

it's just a waste of time arguing over a game of blocks and none of us gain anything over this.

ah, yes.............. the vintage dead block game argument...................

ah, yes.............. the vintage dead block game argument...................
I never mentioned anything about the game being dead, If I genuinely cared about the population of blockland then I would of left a long time ago. I rarely ever hosted publicly to begin with, 90% of my gamemodes I only ever hosted for the saloon. With everything I've learned over the years other then just on Blockland, I would like to actually take what I know and use it on something much more genuine then blockland itself. No I'm not moving to Doom, since I'm aware a lot of Tavern members from what Jayce had told me before are moving to Doom, especially Dead, I'm moving to something else that I doubt anybody in the tavern is even aware of. So there should be no correlation between any of us.

I'm perfectly fine with it, people have saved stuff I've hosted in the past and I've never had issues with it.
maybe it’s because you didn’t make any of it lol

I'm perfectly fine with it, people have saved stuff I've hosted in the past and I've never had issues with it. DR3 practically took a lot of concepts from memequest alone when it comes to an ultimate system, potions in your inventory, I mean we just really don't care if someone else does similar stuff or even uses similar assets. Regardless if they were re-created or not, we're just not picky individuals. If I was making some sort of living and actually copyrighting the stuff we did then its a different subject, but nothing about any of the stuff we do instigates with any actual "intellectual property".  Even then I'd be perfectly fine with someone using stuff I've done myself, even if it was copyrighted material. A lot of saloon members feel that way. You're free to browse the build as much as you want, that goes for all our stuff. I can't speak on behalf of dark though but with the amount of conversations I've had with him regarding this topic, again we just don't care. In the end when it comes to all of this, we're just looking to have fun with what we host, but fortunately for you guys I'm assuming, I'm losing interest with blockland as of late and I'm planning on moving on to something new. So regardless of how much longer you guys plan on dragging this drama for, we're pretty much done overall. You're free to continue the thread if you want, but I have said it many times that I myself and the rest of our group want to cut contact with you guys completely, it's just a waste of time arguing over a game of blocks and none of us gain anything over this. Even way before all of this even happened to begin with, I don't think I was ever truly respected by anybody in the tavern and it continues to this day, even if none of this stuff occurred it would of stayed the same exact way. So I hope you guys take care of yourselves and enjoy life to the fullest. The Saloon are moving on, we have nothing left to add here.
You were straight up copying events and props. The devil's in the details, dude, you are straight up copying Jayce and co. Literally the only thing you have to do is own up to it and move on, but your pride and ego are too big to allow it, so you're making it harder than it is. From what I can tell, the tavern has given you so much leeway and trust that you had an out every step along the way, but you never took it. Here's your chance :/

the tavern has given you so much leeway and trust that you had an out every step along the way, but you never took it.
I doubt that. And honestly if I'm not part of this community then honestly, apologizes aren't gonna change anything that happens forward on from here. It'll just be more rants that continue on even with an apology.

I doubt that. And honestly if I'm not part of this community then honestly, apologizes aren't gonna change anything that happens forward on from here. It'll just be more rants that continue on even with an apology.
It'll make you look like less of a richardhead

Gautier no matter what you say, you're still the most unoriginal guy in all of Blockland. And probably the most obsessive.

-A long explination that still won't admit to his faults and tries to paint the Tavern as bad once again-
Literally the only thing you have to do is own up to it and move on, but your pride and ego are too big to allow it, so you're making it harder than it is.

Jesus christ, you completely smoothed over the actual point of the post to fixate on the tavern. Get a grip dude, I'm giving you actual advice here.

this is almost a mental health issue tbh holy stuff

Badass proof exposing Gautier

Response

Your attempts of "defending" have been filibuster after filibuster without addressing the major concerns. It's getting kinda funny at this point