Author Topic: Cuphead clone is released on kickstarter  (Read 5992 times)

Cup Hand Hero Adventure

jokes aside even though it's a blatant ripoff i... kinda like it?

original cuphead is eh
the hitboxes pissed me off

Cup Hand Hero Adventure
I was so considering posting that

But it's actually called 'Cup Hand and Head Adventure'

(Yes this is a real thing)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:34:57 PM by Masterlegodude »

legit nothing is changed its the same

the boss designs look dope but the characters on the other hand look boring

People are complaining that this game is too much like cuphead when..

(WaW and MW1 were pretty good doe)

the boss designs look dope but the characters on the other hand look boring
this
like i had zero hopes looking at the characters but then the bosses actually look pretty good

People are complaining that this game is too much like cuphead when..
Those are all from the same franchise, whereas this is some group of people who are blatantly ripping off a gameplay style, assets, and animations from a major indie game that had a lot of time and work put into it

Sure the game may be good, because it's literally just Cuphead re-skinned, but it's also still blatant, scummy, plagiarism that these developers are asking for money for

Those are all from the same franchise, whereas this is some group of people who are blatantly ripping off a gameplay style, assets, and animations from a major indie game that had a lot of time and work put into it
^

its okay to be INSPIRED or want to make a game like your favorite game but doing a entire ripoff is not okay

This actually looks pretty fun for a fan made game

if it was my game I would be pissed

the developer(s) have stated
We're both avid fans of Cuphead and wanted to make a similar game, but always from a place of love, respect and admiration for the original.

yeah cuphead is a great game, but I always felt like it needed more. more power ups, more bosses. more levels. more of everything. The game was too short. Hopefully this can bring something a little extra to the table

Sure the game may be good, because it's literally just Cuphead re-skinned, but it's also still blatant, scummy, plagiarism that these developers are asking for money for

brother you can't rip off assets and animations when you literally have to draw every single frame.

Also speaking as someone who's from the industry: Everything is 'stolen' in one way or another, thats why we call it 'borrowing' in the industry, because the concept of 'stealing' an idea is loving stupid, there is so much more work that goes into animation and game design then just the overall idea. Your favourite game/show probably stole most of it's design, content, and story structure from what came before it. I mean forget by this logic Cuphead 'stole' from 1930s cartoons.

This isn't stealing, it's capitalizing on a fad. Personally one Cuphead is enough for me, I don't need another but it's very clear from looking at the gameplay that a lot of hard work and dedication went in to this game.