Author Topic: Cuphead clone is released on kickstarter  (Read 5996 times)

soulless cuphead
it really is a shame since some of the boss ideas are loving BLISS but there isn't really much else

Ngl I don't like how floaty everything looks, cuphead did way better in the animation aspect

Ngl I don't like how floaty everything looks, cuphead did way better in the animation aspect

yeah that's another thing, some of the animation is obviously tweened

I don't like how they're using tweening and how digital everything is. Cuphead's style and animation was unique for how authentic it felt mainly because the devs went out of their way to recreate the animation process as much as they could. This looks like a very fake attempt at rubberhose animation.

IDK maybe the tweening is temporary until they meet their funding, but I doubt it.

even if they tween it they could fix a lot of the feel by just capping the fps at 30 or 24 to match movies. it shouldn't even be that hard to do as it can be applied after all the game logic is done (eg only render frames every 1/24 of a second rather than as fast as the game runs)

looks like the kickstarter has been postponed indefinitely from all the whiney babies

https://gamerant.com/enchanted-portals-kickstarter-canceled-cuphead/

the devs have stated the "reason" is because they are in the middle of negotiations with an unnamed publisher that might be able to fund Enchanted Portals without the need for a Kickstarter campaign.

That sounds like a total bullstuff excuse but I guess we'll see....