Rallypack Weapons [WIP]

Author Topic: Rallypack Weapons [WIP]  (Read 65806 times)

holy stuff rally you never cease to amaze
EDIT: just out of curiosity, is there player entry for weapons like the anti material rifle?
EDIT2: and how come that big ass sniper (anti material) deals only 100 ingame? (200 damage in code)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 07:15:34 PM by _OXBADCODE# »

EDIT: just out of curiosity, is there player entry for weapons like the anti material rifle?
This is something I have considered but I'm not sure would be a good idea, the math would have to be pretty exact to get a bullet to come out of somebody's back without just hitting them again and dealing 2x damage. It's something that has the potential to make the weapon pack feel completely broken for people if it's not done meticulously well.

EDIT2: and how come that big ass sniper (anti material) deals only 100 ingame? (200 damage in code)
There's some default code somewhere that caps damage to players at 100, I'm fairly sure. I wonder if it can be loopholed by increasing the damagetype multiplier

caved in and finally implemented looping gun sounds
https://streamable.com/kngjqn

Currently porting Escape From Tarkov sounds over, some are better than others, some end too abruptly

will you change the revolver and deagle sounds? they're a little bit lacking imo

Yeah. Many of the sounds were ported over from Modern Warfare 2019, and the sounds in that game are really good! And then you port them to Blockland and they sound like ass because the sound system for MW is space-age compared to Torque. That's a problem I've been having

God bless you for continuing to work on this amazingly in-depth weapon mod for this malaysian knockoff lego building game.

This is something I have considered but I'm not sure would be a good idea, the math would have to be pretty exact to get a bullet to come out of somebody's back without just hitting them again and dealing 2x damage. It's something that has the potential to make the weapon pack feel completely broken for people if it's not done meticulously well.
There's some default code somewhere that caps damage to players at 100, I'm fairly sure. I wonder if it can be loopholed by increasing the damagetype multiplier
1) container raycast supports multiple ignore objects (at least 3, probably as many as six or eight or more) so i don’t see why you cant do player pen without multiple hit
2) in projectile::damage - best to just uncap it via overwriting the default function with the same code minus the cap. radius damage is uncapped.

what the forget is this
Ah, sorry im late, this i believe after a significant amount of code digging This is infact the menger sponge schmoke

spent a day or two getting the math right for decals - they ought to work pretty well on bricks that have good collision

1) container raycast supports multiple ignore objects (at least 3, probably as many as six or eight or more) so i don’t see why you cant do player pen without multiple hit
I'd say it's more of an issue with projectile weapons... I'll look into it though
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 08:51:50 PM by Crook »

any estimate on when the next update will be released? i just can't wait to play with russian roulette with my fellow comrades

I can't really give you an estimate but I think it's a bit off... I've been experimenting with a lot of stuff so there's a lot of half-baked features that need to be completed and I'm in the middle of changing all the sounds too. I'll start wrapping it off though

Heheh........... What if you made HMG turret vehicles that have the rallypack ammo system......?

Deployable HMGs and vehicles are on the agenda but probably a ways out

Ahhhyup Contact Machinegunner 100 meters west

Deployable HMGs and vehicles are on the agenda but probably a ways out
Mortars please