Rallypack Weapons [WIP]

Author Topic: Rallypack Weapons [WIP]  (Read 70748 times)

something something attack helicopter part 2?

Attack Helicopter 2 now with 700 fewer invisible bots mounted to it maybe

Is the inelegant system mounting a bot rotated diagonally and setting lookuplimit and lookdownlimit to something?

Before the turret fires it determines it's rotation relative to the helicopter and then clamps it, so they can only fire out of the helicopter in a ~60 degree angle. This prevents the player from shooting at their own helicopter or backwards through the helicopter entirely.

If we spam the check on some obnoxious loop we can prevent the player from rotating "outside" of the aircraft entirely which looks silly. I have this disabled by default

Interesting idea though. I'll have to experiment with that
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 11:06:35 AM by Crook »

has been closely working with a known russian contact in order to close an arms deal for the growing android menace.

Drum Shotgun

300 Blackout Pistol SBR Smoke

9x39mm Blackout Pistol SBR Smoke OPFOR

A robot bought an M16 today. Have you?

Rally's mind when he gets the thought of finishing WRATHFINDER

My mind when I think about how Squib is sitting on a functional pathfinding PvPing bot and quirkily pretends it does not exist (meaning any work I do on Pathfinder is me reinventing the wheel 2+ times)

cook i have an idea regarding the turret system

for a battle blimps gamemode i dropped a while back what i did was have turrets be bots that i setAimVector() on to look at the place the player is looking/target is located. combine this with the manual angle/direction check of where the player is looking and you can get a smooth turret turn if you’re ok with the player look direction slightly desynced with the turret’s (but no stuttering since theres no forced rotation changes). it requires some vector math to do since 0 0 0 transform is facing forward in the mount point its on, but im sure you could do it.

What if you stick a m134 on the helicopter but make it have not baby piss stuff forget ass firerate and make it actually blast the stuff outta anyone in the front in a flash

To optimize this you can just have it so you can make autismocode to have it change between a single projectile with 3 bullets in the model to 1 or 1 to 3 depending on how long the user fires the gun
(and how fast the barrels are spinning at this point)
^Variable fire rates because the m134 is electrically driven so it can fire fast as forget or not as fast as forget
You also can do this for the casings being ejected (either animated casings attached to the gun + some real debris) or multiple casings in one model
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 11:33:48 PM by Lapis the Floran »

What if you put money in my bank account