Key Compromise

Author Topic: Key Compromise  (Read 47369 times)

actually ye im good. usually able to login without steam but looks like you need it now.

Just as a note, I had 4 keys logged to my IP (for my brother and room mate and a spare), of which didn't join any servers by cca or any of celau's alts, or any servers in a few months, and all 4 were affected. I don't think it's a matter of joining a certain game

My 27k key and 230k key were both h4x0r'd, so it's all around

My key was fine but I still got that message, the non steam auth was turned off for everybody.

Yep, the auth server has been disabled (as in Badspots original post at the top of the thread) meaning anyone who plays the game and uses standalone blockland (ie not Steam) cannot play the game. (Meaning any hacker(s) that have stolen keys etc cannot use them either)

As Badspot said (I think in his dev post) he's working on something and more updates to follow

im fine and i used steam
havent played in a long while doe

honestly yall should just be patient and shut the forget up

its john kost doe!

blockland won't load for me on steam, should I be worried?

Steam blockland won't loving boot up it just crashes

Just as a note, I had 4 keys logged to my IP (for my brother and room mate and a spare), of which didn't join any servers by cca or any of celau's alts, or any servers in a few months, and all 4 were affected. I don't think it's a matter of joining a certain game
are they in this list? https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=269222.0

We have investigated the key leak issue and determined the exploit is an RCE conducted during the loading process when joining servers run by an attacker - in other words, the server host stole blockland keys during loading.

The only known malicious host who was running this hack is celau/bladerunner, so if you did not join his server within the past few days you are safe. There has been no use of the exploit beyond stealing keys.

Badspot is aware of the root issue and is fixing it. The details of exploit have not been publicized outside of the investigative group, thus only celau could be running the key stealer. Be careful joining servers hosted by people associated with celau, as they could be running the exploit.

Steam blockland won't loving boot up it just crashes

Have a look in the latest dev thread, I think you've gotta get an MS 2015 feature for it to run

3. On Feb. 16, accounts "France" BL_ID 11110 (A previous admin for Tezuni), "Russia" BL_ID 2236 (An old troll that used to grief servers), and "China" BL_ID 108529 (A key I previously haven't heard anything about) were all logged into DAProgs' BL_ID list at 23:58:31 from Tezuni's IP.
I'm not gonna point any fingers, but that is pretty strange.

i dub this the Great Key Heist of 2020

So is there a reason you’re not saying who made that id list or who that quote is from?