Author Topic: 2020/05/03 - Blockland r2005-r2012  (Read 59455 times)

It is the same program.  You can make copies of the Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland folder and run multiple copies of the game, run both at the same time, go online with both.  The only difference I can think of is that you can't be on two different accounts at the same time since they both use the same steam profile.

Dedicated servers are an issue, but that can be fixed.
What about servers whom use dll's, specifically stuff like environmental zones? dlls require the blockland launcher, which steam doesn't have. Is that possible to also solve?

While we're waiting, does anyone have ARM's age of time scripts? or any age of time scripts? There was a weebly but I think it's gone now
I have the old MoA scripts. Spy, trackers, etc. AoT party anyone?

I have the old MoA scripts. Spy, trackers, etc. AoT party anyone?
Ill be online all day probably

What about servers whom use dll's, specifically stuff like environmental zones? dlls require the blockland launcher, which steam doesn't have. Is that possible to also solve?
This is my main concern too since I have 3 different versons of blockland portable - One is a clean copy for testing new add-ons, another is my main copy for playing which has a lot of custom add-ons, and then I have an additional one I use for my RPG development servers which has the Environment Zones and Selective Ghosting DLL which are considerably essential.

2 of these use the .bat to bypass the launcher for faster boot time and the ability to modify blockland without default files being overwritten

I really hope a steam only solution isn't the only solution unless we are still able to make use of these resources
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:47:39 PM by Goth77 »

Dedicated servers are an issue, but that can be fixed.
Steam users have already been waiting 7 years. No need to rush.

you can use blocklandloader with steam, I've done it several times

After all this is patched and fixed, Badspot, I want to propose an idea. I've got a good resolve for the victims of the BL Key theft stuff. I don't know how possible this is but please take it into consideration.

Badspot, perhaps you could setup a "BL Key re-roller" for the accounts who had theirs stolen. Have it be an email verification thing, so that you have to supply your original purchase email address (and maybe your original key), and then you have to click a verification link through an email to that address (or perhaps be emailed a verification code), and only then will you get a new BL Key through email, or something. It should also register the old one to be invalid, and never utilized again, perhaps added to a blacklist. I think this could resolve the issue once the exploit is completely patched.

(Also I didn't read many of the other posts, so sorry if somebody already thought of this.)

i've always done all my testing and everything on one steam client (with dlls included), idk why you would ever need multiple installs

your original purchase email address (and maybe your original key), and then you have to click a verification link through an email to that address (or perhaps be emailed a verification code), and only then will you get a new BL Key through email.
The email I used at the age of 9? That email is long gone for me, that would only forget me up big time. I'm not compromised anyway but jesus forget for veterans that did get compromised, that would suck.

The email I used at the age of 9? That email is long gone for me, that would only forget me up big time. I'm not compromised anyway but jesus forget for veterans that did get compromised, that would suck.
I mean, it would suck ass for some people who don't have access to their email, but what else is tangible for self-verification? It's not like we've got logins besides BLForums (actually that might be a good candidate). Also, most of the vets didn't get hit, it was the current players at the time on a few servers. So for the people who can, re-roll their keys- boom- at the very least, 90% of account access back.

i've always done all my testing and everything on one steam client (with dlls included), idk why you would ever need multiple installs
id have a separate install with barely any add-ons would load faster so i could test add-ons that would require me to restart the server dozens of times.

Thats why it should instead be PM'd to your actual forum account since it's already tied to your blid

inb4 "get a better computer" but my Mac version of steam blockland can't save any bricks. I've tried the fresh install and I also tried replacing it w my regular launcher install to the steam folder which fixed missing decals/settings but not the saving bricks issue.

I searched the forums but nothing has addressed the save file issue specifically. Anyone know of a fix right now?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 11:08:09 AM by JimJam »

when is regular auth or steam linking going back up
im Bore.    d