NightHawk's Development Log - American Speedsters Released!

Poll

Should the Drifting Supra's be Right-Hand-Drive? (Steering wheel on PASSENGER side of car)

Yay! European Integration
Nay! Keep it all to one side.

Author Topic: NightHawk's Development Log - American Speedsters Released!  (Read 33971 times)

the weak should fear the volvo

the weak should fear the volvo
I think YOU might be the one that needs to fear.

Thank you everyone for the prayers; I have been feeling much better to announce the first Swedish wagon coming to Blockland

The Polus Estate

It is based off of the late 90's Volvo V850 Estate Wagon. I really wanted to do the V70, but since they look almost identical, and I cannot find working vector drawings, this will have to do.

This variant is AWD and even includes room for the whole family of noobs!

make it slightly more square and a drift varient then a flying one

Downstairs where I sleep unfortunately flooded right at the same time it normally does this year, and I am still in pain on and off, but I do have an update to show:

I gave the Estate CVS template parts for color combinations, and a new grill and inset headlamps. I will be doing the same to the Aseed shortly.
There is temporary placeholder categories for a spoiler and a "Rack" option, where you can equip various things on the roof rack of the wagon.

I did some more research, and it turns out the v850 is actually the successor to the V70 Estate Wagon...so I don't feel as bad since they're almost identical, however, since there is an 850 Sedan...

I literally took the wagon's model and perform surgery to convert it to a sedan! It has the same properties as the wagon, ALTHOUGH, it is FWD.

Last but not least, for the first time in my development history: POLICE VARIANTS.

For both Sedan and Estate, they are faster than the default variants, and the liveries are interchangeable via CVS. You can press shift-brick-toward (Numpad2) to toggle the sirens on and off. As far as Drift Variant goes, I will not be doing them separately--as a compromise, I tweaked the handling so that you can do a "power slide" around corners (I'll get some footage here in the near future), and made the suspension softer like a Cadillac. To put in visual terms, picture handling similar to Driver 2, if not Driver: San Francisco--without yanking the handbrake.

Lastly, some more news: I messed up.
If you happened to notice with my 2020 releases, the Vortex is the only car that features hazard turn signals, whereas my other recent releases only feature left-and-right turn signals only.

The light script I used for the newer releases is apparently OLDER than the one used on the Vortex, and it is more optimized.
Because of that...

I will be working on fixing the past releases with this newer system.

Just submitted an update on Blockland Glass and soon on BL Online (down for maintenance?). These three should be updated as soon as possible with being able to use hazard lights now!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 02:00:38 PM by Night_Hawk »

Bump, time for a small update.

I have still to add the parts I was talking about to the Estate because I have still been having problems with my shoulders, elbows, and wrists mentioned earlier. Over the past couple of weeks, I have been to the doctors to confirm I have "mild" carpel tunnel, and overstrain/overworked muscles in my shoulders (from physical activity back in October, 2020). I just got labwork/bloodwork done since this issue is still present. Hopefully I will know some answers this week. Right now, it is slowly getting better, but despite this, I still need time to take care of myself (hence the inactivity here). I also return back to school this week, so expect the pace to not be rapid as it was in the past.

Aside that health update, I discovered in Blender 2.7 you can export UV layouts, which helped clean up the texturing of the police variants. I added a couple of new details here and there additionally.

Click to enlarge any of the photos

So I have some exciting news to tell you. Engine sounds are now a working concept!

Thanks to the suggestion posted by Filipe, Buddy and Conan were able to develop a support mod that allows cars to pitch-shift and change gears based on maxWheelSpeed--emulating the Engine Sound!

This was one of the reasons the Estate took a bit of time to release, because I had the privilege's to help test the mod to make sure it works before it was released to the public, and now I am happy to announce that the Polus Estate is released, and the Drift Trike and American Express GoKart are now integrated with this mod!

Here are some test videos of the concept working

Be sure to check out and download the Support Mod here, and enjoy the new Swedish wagon!

Link to the Estate here.

Now that we're beginning to shift gears (haha, get it?), I think it's time I finally additionally get ready to release the V3 Update to the Challengers. That's apparently taking almost 3 years to do so...

First off, the CVS hasn't changed for the 1970 model from this post. However, I did clean up the model by allowing you to color sections of the trim, faceplates, to help remove some parts from various categories. You'll still be able to achieve all that was showcased in that link, aside from the two-tone body part (for now...)

The only missing component (aside from finishing model touches), was CVS for the 08 Challenger, and finally that has happened:

I am not going to be doing ridiculous/mythical parts like I did in the last update, so we'll be going for a-more "realistic approach"

Obviously, you can't have a Challenger if there isn't a hellcat trim. Note the fenders are customizable, and colorable.

You can also have these sport-like trims using Hemi, and Cuda hoods, too. I also made a "split" and regular set of stripes. The faceplates are colorable, if that was ever desired...

Inspired by the Tutto, I added the ability to split the body colors in two (some Challengers have this style of paint scheme)

This is the current list of CVS parts

Body: Default
BodyTop: Default
Mirrors: Default
Faceplate: Default, Color, Hellcat
Front: Default, Sport, Hellcat
Side: Default, Wide
Fenders: Default, Hellcat
Decal: Default [None], Split, Stripe
Hood: Default, Cuda, Hemi, Hellcat
Roof: Default
Spoiler: Default, Classic, Track, Delete

I'm also trying to figure out which engine sounds to use, and I have it tied between these two in this Test Video.

the military "i beat my wife" man car

Good news everyone! If you downloaded the following cars below, you should hopefully receive an update that integrates Support_EngineSounds!
Credits to 77x5ghost for allocating the engine samples for the Aseed, Vortex, and Reaper from cars from NFS Carbon!

Changelog

Voltage
Engine Sound Support
Reduced engineTorque to compensate for realism in the Engine Sounds
added Rear View Mirror

Aseed
Engine Sound Support

Vortex
Engine Sound Support

Reaper
Engine Sound Support
Adjusted tire variables to imrpove handling on the Default and WB variants--reducing understeer

Estate, AE GoKart, and Drift Trikes
Made Support_EngineSounds an optional addon instead of a force-requirement (mod still recommended though ;) )
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 10:19:46 AM by Night_Hawk »

Surprise! Another new one-day done powersports vehicle: The Lil' Rascal Minibike.

Just released it, click the image below!

Good news everyone! I uploaded/archived some addons to Blockland Online so you can get some updates quicker if you downloaded from Blockland Glass. Here's some links:

To clarify, I will keep the links on Blockland Glass in case you prefer that system.

AE Go Kart
Drift Trike
Lasertag
Vortex
Hiro
Avenger
Suburb
MLG Airhorn

Also, I'm pushing out a Drift Trike update that should help with sliding around corners (BLOnline has this update already installed):
* All trikes are now technically AWD; allowing for better control and handling when sliding around corners
* Optimized Shared_Data_Wheels.cs
* Spring Adjustments for a more "comfortable ride"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 02:03:30 PM by Night_Hawk »

I'm here to provide an update: The Challenger would have released sooner than me posting this, had our power not have gone out in the pacific northwest.

We have been without power since late-morning on 2/13, and thankfully got it back on the following Wednesday five days later. We have been taking care of multiple house/family emergencies, including cleaning a basement (where I sleep) that flooded up to ankle-deep water, etc. etc.

Now we are mostly recovered from these unpredicted weather conditions, the last thing we need back is our internet, which won't happen until later Friday or later this week. I am at my sister's currently with limited access, and academics will have to come first, but just wanted to inform you of the delay that has been going on.

Update 2/26: Now we won't have internet until next week between 3/5 and 3/7 because our ISP screwed things up by canceling our appointment for today, assuming that the issue was "resolved", but it still is not. Ugh...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:18:26 AM by Night_Hawk »

Good news everyone! My internet has been restored after a painstaking two weeks, and I am back in business! I will be working very shortly on a Challenger trailer before releasing the mod, and then it's all yours!

In the meantime, I just released another comical weapon called the POW Glove. Click the image below!