NightHawk's Development Log - American Speedsters Released!

Poll

Should the Drifting Supra's be Right-Hand-Drive? (Steering wheel on PASSENGER side of car)

Yay! European Integration
Nay! Keep it all to one side.

Author Topic: NightHawk's Development Log - American Speedsters Released!  (Read 41240 times)

Kewl.

For the Challenger, what is its brand going to be? Do we have a fictional Dodge, yet? I can do a quick logo design or something for one if needed.

For the Challenger, what is its brand going to be? Do we have a fictional Dodge, yet? I can do a quick logo design or something for one if needed.
The brand was initially going to be Bravado, a direct rip from GTA V's gauntlet, but the idea is that you would want to create original fictional brands.

With that said, I've worked with Filipe and CorporalB1rd to establish Brutalion - Brute Force, Mixed with Batallion

We've already agreed on B, and with that said:

There are no plans to make changes for the time being to this badge; it is mostly considered finalized.

Good news! The Brutalion Challenger has been released!
Check it out here!

I also updated the Reaper again and both repositories from BL Online and BL Glass have been updated! It should improve engine and tire-grip performance overall!

It's time to introduce some more features to the game, and bring you the Shinozaki Update!

We got a car meet going on here...and it looks like there's some new faces...
[Private WIP save by Corpora1Bird]

Introducing the Shinozaki (Nissan) Fairhaven and Hiro MK2! Which are based off the mid 2000's 350z, and 180/240sx, respectively. The MK2 is a remaster of the Beta version that is currently out, but hopefully by the time this MK2 update is ready for the public, it should be the official V1 of the car!

The Shinozaki badge has also been updated and looks much better! (Thanks to Corpora1 for the design)

And yes, the Popup headlamps still work ;)

I'm still trying to work out what variants I would like for both cars, but might have an idea:

• For the Fairhaven, there may be 4, a normal, drift, and widebody variants of those 2
  • The Hiro MK2 might get a second variant for drifting, maybe another for rally? Who knows?

You may have also noticed that some of the previously-released cars are getting performance upgrades in terms of acceleration, speed, and grip. As Filipe and I have been developing new cars recently, we have been increasing these attributes due to the fact that Blockland maps are getting bigger than they have been back in the old days, and we've decided that with the new stretches of roads, we need MORE

I am slowly reworking the variables mentioned, and so far I've got the Reaper and Voltage up to speed (get it?).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 12:46:42 PM by Night_Hawk »

Ok, BIG UPDATE TIME. The Fairhaven has finally gotten all the CVS parts it needs, and also, two new variants!

Starting off with the Nismo kit, additionally you can apply colorable window decals with either white or black text (as demonstrated in the images below), and have the option to delete the badge and the plates on the car!

You cannot have a 350z in Blockland without replicating the Iconic Need For Speed 350z by Rachel Teller, or the Fast N Furious Tokyo drift! They are textured onto the car and the body is still colorable. Parts are known as "Speed" and "Fury", respectively

I also added parts for a rocket bunny, and the Liberty walk.

After this, I implemented a roadster variant! All the parts have been imported over from the default variant, but the difference here is that you can have a colortop (Orange), softtop (Blue), creamtop (Green), or open-top roof (Gray)!

Last but not least. Widebody variants! This variant is faster than the roadster and normal, and has its own exclusive engine sound. Some parts have been replaced, but you can now have defined fenders to swap out between default, tuner, and LM.

Exclusive to the Widebody is this race-track ready bodykit, LM!

I also slammed the Widebody between pictures, don't worry.. ;)

I just have to do a couple of finishing touches, and then the Fairhaven is ready!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 10:21:30 AM by Night_Hawk »

It's been a long academic week for me, but the Fairhaven is released!

Enjoy!

One more week to go before I graduate, but I'm happy to announce that the Hiro has been released!

Come and get it!

And enjoy some screenies!

Can you put the badge on the bumper instead of the hood? I was trying to figure out why it looked so weird and I realized why.

Can you put the badge on the bumper instead of the hood? I was trying to figure out why it looked so weird and I realized why.
Fixed, updated on BL Online and Glass

After 9 hours or so in one sitting, I started a new car: The Abraham Marabelle!

It's based on the 1985 Lincoln Town Car, and is not meant to be mistaken for the Emperor (That was a 79, 80, Cadillac DeVille)

The following day I incorporated two extra variants! The Limo, and the Hearse (Yes, you can also lie in the coffin)

It's very near completion, and hope to release it soon!

Have you ever asked Filipe for tips when modeling cars? For some reason your proportions are always off. Maybe the wheels and/or wheel arches on your cars are just too small.

Have you ever asked Filipe for tips when modeling cars? For some reason your proportions are always off. Maybe the wheels and/or wheel arches on your cars are just too small.
Yes we do work together and help each other out with tweaking model proportions. But I swear that the reason the arches and wheels are "small" is due to the reference blueprints I am using - the same goes with 3D models. Whatever it uses that defines the car is how I model

We have different art styles, and it takes MONTHS, mind you, to get consistency car after car.

A whole lot of good news! I have recently graduated from college, and am ready to move on with the next chapter in life!

But with that short introduction out of the way, the Marabelle has been released!
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=327164.0

Additionally, I started work on two new cars from the formal Family Cars Pack: The 1995 Ford Crown Victoria (Rivera Genesis) and a touchup on the 1994 Chevrolet suburban (Dalton Suburb)!

Starting with the Genesis, I continued with the theme of using 3d models as a reference, it took time to scale it to spec, but so far this is turning out nice.

It also uses a new method of applying non-colorable materials: Color pallets! A very clever tactic discovered by Filipe with his newer cars.
You basically take the image below and apply a UV Texture in Blender to the details/non-colorable parts to the car.
(Ignore the pink checkerboard; they're placeholder slots for more colors in the future)

Additionally, after being pointed out some of the bugs with the Dalton Suburb model, I went ahead and cleaned it up! See the old versus new below

The new, in better detail

And a rough outline of what has happened:
Reduced the number of polygons (Removed unnecessary vertices)
Scaled the wheel up by 7%
New panel gap definitions
Refined interior walls and seats
Converted material list to a Details color pallete
Engine sounds imported from the Corderilla
Redefined the front facia, and light meshes for the scripts
Square font "DALTON SUBURB"
New Dalton Badge
Redefined glass windows
Added a rearview mirror

There are still a couple of bits and pieces I need to clean up, but expect an update to the beta addon soon!

Good to hear there will be more cars in the future

What’s the color palette thing for? Elaborate.