NightHawk's Development Log - American Speedsters Released!

Poll

Should the Drifting Supra's be Right-Hand-Drive? (Steering wheel on PASSENGER side of car)

Yay! European Integration
Nay! Keep it all to one side.

Author Topic: NightHawk's Development Log - American Speedsters Released!  (Read 33967 times)

that cherokee is really well modeled, you've really improved on your skills a lot since you've started which is great to see

Bumping this for now. I'm going to be moving within the beginning of next month. Hopefully I'll be making some progress in between.

Please update Support_HandsOnVehicle.cs, it's missing a parent in FlyingVehicleData::onAdd(%this, %obj)

Please update Support_HandsOnVehicle.cs, it's missing a parent in FlyingVehicleData::onAdd(%this, %obj)
Where should the parent go? I can't take credit for the original script. (it's been passed everywhere from car to car among content creators)

Dumb question and can be fixed throughout time. See it in future upcoming vehicles and updates...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:22:52 PM by Night_Hawk »

Bumping again so it doesn't die. We have successfully moved and are starting to get settled into the new place. Got the internet set up and I'm starting to get some motivation to work on vehicles again! Stay tuned!

Good news! It's horn galore for the following vehicles below. Each car you see, including their variants, have been given the horn script that the Genesis and the Suburb already have. Enjoy!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 01:53:19 PM by Night_Hawk »

I wanted to make a template addon that I could use for further vehicles, but I didn't want to use one of my current models. So I made one from scratch!

I'd call it the Executor as it reminds you of one of those head-engineers navigating a contractor's site.

I wasn't planning on releasing this, but if anyone really wanted it, then perhaps we can negotiate...

Introducing the counterpart, and the new name for the Grand Cherokee: The Buccaneer! Based on the XJ Cherokee within the same era as the 2000 Grand Cherokee.

The XJ is just the Buccaneer, and the Laredo is the Grand Buccaneer. I'm planning on two more 4x4 variants...hopefully with animated suspension (it's been a while since I did this, and I haven't attempted it yet with the 2.7 exporter)

EDIT: I added some small details to the XJ, and also, interiors!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 11:30:13 AM by Night_Hawk »

The Buccaneers are very close to release, but I thought I'd share what I have finished in store.

CVS has been integrated for all variants below. Starting with the XJ, You can choose to recolor the trim, grill, and bumpers.

Get a little more fancy with some bull bars, roof rack equipment, snorkels and more!

The Laredo Grand Cherokee got a similar treatment.

I also added some undercarriage details to the vehicles as well.

But you cannot forget them: 4x4 variants! They use the same CVS menu as the default variants, so customizations can be transferred over easily.

And yes, that suspension IS animated.

I've kept it simple by making a diff-and-independent suspension setup; I was not going to go more complex to control arms, leaf springs, etc. due to [fixed] model constraints.

also....

« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 01:13:44 AM by Night_Hawk »

Alright, I can't hold my excitement in any longer. I would like to present to you what I think is my TRUE Magnum Opus.

I would like to apologize for the massively delayed release of this car, but I think for the reasoning of getting it right, it's safe to say that you will not wait much longer anymore.

What used to be the Bolt V3, having a planned V4 model, is now FIXED in MK5. Introducing the new and improved: Vitesse éClair

Private save by Corpora1Bird. Please do not contact me for a download

éClair in this case is French for Lightning Bolt (hence the original name, and given the Veyron is from originally Germany, now France), while Vitesse is a variant of a Grand Sport Veyron, which also means "Speed" in French. I spent at least four days prepping this for you guys. Making sure that everything was right, and boy oh boy couldn't I have been more pleased. I was able to get the Engine Sound sampled from Test Drive Unlimited 2, and additionally integrated all of the known features (Horn, Lights, etc.) into the car.

So let's kick things off with the default variant. Each variant shares a CVS kit of coloring the Body (white), Secondary (black), and Spoiler. With the exception to the Grand Sport (GS), which you will see further below.

They all share the same interior model with the exception of a color palette swap.

To make accommodations for the Sang Bleu, and Vitesse variants of the éClair GS, I made CVS category levels in Body, Secondary, and Tertiary.

Last but not least...

One of the biggest setbacks of wanting to originally release the V3 update was because I wanted to make the air spoiler functional. Now in these days since I'm getting familiar with the basic functions of torque script, it is now possible:

The air spoiler will extend when you are above 30 Bricks Per Second (BPS). Whenever you hit the brakes (spacebar), it will engage vertically until you let go. Finally, as you hit less than 15 BPS, the air spoiler will retract.

I'm planning to keep the old "Bolt" as a separate addon in case anyone wants the nostalgia trip. Plus it doesn't conflict with datablocks, so if I play my cards right, expect a release coming very...very soon.

Thats so loving awsome nighthawk great job

Introducing the new and improved: Vitesse éClair

Lol, I don't care if it actually means "Lighting Bolt", this will always be the first thing that comes to mind.

Also, is it possible for land vehicles to achieve speeds higher than 200 BPS?