Politics Thread 2? Who are you voting for in November? (USA Only)

Poll

Who are you voting for in 2020?

Annoying Orange
23 (28%)
Joe Biden (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
22 (26.8%)
Vermin Supreme
10 (12.2%)
Bernie, he can still win guys.
11 (13.4%)
The Meteor.
16 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Politics Thread 2? Who are you voting for in November? (USA Only)  (Read 17114 times)

can't tear down statues because in like 500 years they're gonna be super historical and valuable sort of like roman statues. this is why i don't flush my stuff down the toilet. thats gonna be valuable in like 10000 years to some collector mark my words

exactly, they are just a hunk of stone/metal so it shouldn't matter for them to be removed if they (even retroactively) represent something bad. why defend them being up all the time?
My point was that since they're 'just a hunk of stone/metal' then they shouldn't need to be torn down. You can't chalk them up as insignificant while simultaneously thinking they are significant enough to need to be torn down. It's an inherently hypocritical position.

But was the dog protecting white children?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm?

also "Peaceful Protestors" Break down a closed gate community and the people who dared to defend their property are being smeared as violent tribals.

Based Missouri, that man could have mowed them all down and been well within his legal rights. Proving yet again that Missouri is the best state.

lol they're not ripping pages out of the history books. if anything, they're trying to make the confederacy look even stufftier. pulling down statues and stuff is getting rid of the stupid notion that the confederacy was something to honor or whatever bullstuff people believe
Except these historical figures aren't glorified for being slave owners/confederates, they're remembered for what they contributed to this country. You can't just flush someones achievements down the stuffter as if they did nothing good because they participated in a bad system.

Based Missouri, that man could have mowed them all down and been well within his legal rights. Proving yet again that Missouri is the best state.
I’m Missouri Resident and I approve this message

that's pretty epic tbh i do love some justified self defense

they're remembered for what they contributed to this country.

Except these historical figures aren't glorified for being slave owners/confederates, they're remembered for what they contributed to this country. You can't just flush someones achievements down the stuffter as if they did nothing good because they participated in a bad system.
did you miss the post where i showed that the majority of confederate statues were placed in the civil rights movement for the explicit reason of justifying the confederacy or something?

gonna be elected president so i can give america back to the british, because clearly it didnt work out in the end

did you miss the post where i showed that the majority of confederate statues were placed in the civil rights movement for the explicit reason of justifying the confederacy or something?
I actually did not see that, but regardless I don't think it matters what the original statue creators or whatever meant by it. I think what matters is how it's viewed today. Also good job ignoring the rest of my argument lol

I actually did not see that, but regardless I don't think it matters what the original statue creators or whatever meant by it. I think what matters is how it's viewed today. Also good job ignoring the rest of my argument lol
if anything should be clear now it's that it's viewed today as an emblem of slavery lol

anyway daughters of the confederacy have asked to take back the leesburg courthouse statue which couldn't thrill me more
https://loudounnow.com/2020/06/30/daughters-of-the-confederacy-to-reclaim-courthouse-statue/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 06:02:38 PM by Drydess »

its honestly bad faith to argue statues arent a celebration of whatever the statue is about. theres never been a statue erected of a person considered evil by the group paying for the statue. its not like any american society or local government funded monuments of stalin or lenin or Riddler (outside of fringe groups). similarly, we dont make monuments commemorating Hardcore Gamers, only the victims.

if the point of confederate statues was to remind of the darker parts of american history, it would focus on the victims rather than the people who victimized them.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 06:42:49 PM by Conan »

the people in the confederates weren't evil wdym

the whole confederacy revolution was basically the same as the american revolution except america virtue-signaled to the british to get funding to kill off confederates

the people in the confederates weren't evil wdym

the whole confederacy revolution was basically the same as the american revolution except america virtue-signaled to the british to get funding to kill off confederates

they were playing the god damn Annoying Orangeet bro why the forget are they not peaceful

they were playing the god damn Annoying Orangeet bro why the forget are they not peaceful
hey tony can you SHUT THE forget UP