U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 268038 times)

What is the thing Joe Rogan is being criticized for?

Bringing people on who ""Question the Science""
Because #TheScienceisSettled and therefore cannot be questioned, sayeth so...
Fauci...?  CNN? Someone apparently, because there's some unspoken belief that
The science now is the unquestionable truth, and therefore must always be.

And anyone who questions this, or people who allow such people to exist on a platform, are
somehow spreading misinformation, when science is all about having an adult discussion involving.

The first step in the SCIENTIFIC METHOD is asking a loving question.

Do you think Joe Rogan's fanbase and community are non-political?
Where in the forget is this coming from? I never made a claim that he wasn't. My point was that
his podcast was a simple basic inquisitive interviewing format. That's inherently political.

But despite that, his show has more substance and actual conversations than good o'l two scoops.

Is CNN and Fox news all TV media?
No, but they're the main ones when people thing TV Media. MSNBC and ABC have had their fair share of ridiculous
reports as well, but CNN and Fox are the relevant parties because of their historical polarization and two scoops.

Is one broadcast the reason why a news network is now garbage?
Its mounted over the course of several, several years, as they've been wrong, many times over.

Like Russia Gate, Like with Covington, Like with Kyle Rittenhouse, Like with "Mostly Peaceful Protests"...

This has been going, and on, and on. This broadcast, right here, being the same exact story, 4ish years apart is exactly what the problem is.

These are fake plastic companies, regurgitating fake plastic talking points that help no one and make everything worse.

Why're you painting every side in your argument with a convenient brush?
Why are you being deliberately misrepresentative of my arguments?

I dont think government funded propaganda networks are comparable to some YouTuber/podcaster.
I think the “boycotting” is just some deal to get more viewers for him. Artificial scarcity.

People with large platforms need to be responsible with the information they spread. Joe Rogan, whether or not he knows it, has a lot of influence over his audience. What he says and who he hosts matters. Pushing antivaxx misinformation is harmful, especially during a pandemic.

The truth in the case of vaccines is determined by the scientific consensus. The large media companies give much more reliable information about the vaccines than Joe Rogan. Also, the quests in JRE are absolutely not "questioning the scientific consensus". If you want to do that, you have to perform studies, not spew bullstuff on massive social media platforms.

The question about politics in Rogan's community was unnecessary, I misread a part of your post.

The question about CNN was to figure out if you completely disregard a news source because it made a few articles or broadcasts that you didn't like. Do you consider all their information garbage because of it? Also, Russiagate was about Russian influence online before the election, not on the election process itself, and it was proven. Also also, how did CNN misrepresent Kyle Rittenhouse? As for the mostly peaceful protests that the BLM protests were, how did CNN misrepresent them?

Fox news is indeed mostly stuff though, I agree on that.

And you did paint all TV media with a convenient brush, you don't make absolute claims about a news source without sufficient evidence.

People with large platforms need to be responsible with the information they spread. Joe Rogan, whether or not he knows it, has a lot of influence over his audience. What he says and who he hosts matters. Pushing antivaxx misinformation is harmful, especially during a pandemic.

The truth in the case of vaccines is determined by the scientific consensus. The large media companies give much more reliable information about the vaccines than Joe Rogan. Also, the quests in JRE are absolutely not "questioning the scientific consensus". If you want to do that, you have to perform studies, not spew bullstuff on massive social media platforms.

The question about politics in Rogan's community was unnecessary, I misread a part of your post.

The question about CNN was to figure out if you completely disregard a news source because it made a few articles or broadcasts that you didn't like. Do you consider all their information garbage because of it? Also, Russiagate was about Russian influence online before the election, not on the election process itself, and it was proven. Also also, how did CNN misrepresent Kyle Rittenhouse? As for the mostly peaceful protests that the BLM protests were, how did CNN misrepresent them?

And you did paint all TV media with a convenient brush, you don't make absolute claims about a news source without sufficient evidence.
you fell off real hard nicepoint ngl

fiending for news agencies

First, you haven't been watching his actual streams.
Unless you're gonna be "Prejudice plus Power"ing the definition of Anti-Vaxx.

Even still I think this "Anti-Vaxx" "Pro-Vaxx" Bullstuff is political and doesn't help
us at all.

He's had people coming on and interviewing them on their medical/policy positions.
What alternatives are there, what's most effective. Are vaccines being pushed for
reasons beyond public health? Should their be mandates? Have lockdowns, mandates
and other forms of coercion actually helped slow covid or the spread of covid?

Why aren't people allowed to ask these questions? Why are these dangerous?
What if the answer is that the Mandates don't help and are counter-intuitive in convincing people
to get vaccinated?

What if the vaccines aren't as effective as other options? What are the other options?

Why is it so loving god damn important that I take the Vaccine, no matter what. No matter
the context, no matter my own medical situation?

Why are you afraid to hear these questions asked?

He's asking those who are medical experts, their opinions, what they think.
Who are you, or media companies to decide who is or isn't "spewing bullstuff"?

I think I'd trust Doctors with PhDs in their field, and the Doctor who Proposed
mRNA as a theory more than random HedgeFund babies, who have been
consistently wrong for several years on several major cultural events.

-

The question about CNN was to figure out if you completely disregard a news source because it made a few articles or broadcasts that you didn't like. Do you consider all their information garbage because of it? Also, Russiagate was about Russian influence online before the election, not on the election process itself, and it was proven. Also also, how did CNN misrepresent Kyle Rittenhouse?
"Russian influence" is such a vague and empty term, that anything could be influencing US elections in the internet age.
There could be "Tumblr influence" or "Twitter influence" sure. But the pressing question is
A.  Does that make an election illegitimate?
B.  Why should these media companies get to decide what information is okay for people to take into consideration?

And they weren't just talking about Russian influence, there was a big loving push to find proof that Annoying Orange colluded with Russia
to win the election. That was The Russian Collusion push.  So that claim that it wasn't about that is completely false.

They kept trying to claim he took a gun across state lines, that never happened.
They kept trying to claim Gaige Grosskreutz didn't pull his gun on Kyle, and that Kyle aimed at him first.
The footage and Gaige's own testimony both disprove this. He was so brazen with his lie that he said
the complete opposite about the situation during the media interview as opposed to his testimony under oath.

As for the mostly peaceful protests that the BLM protests were, how did CNN misrepresent them?

Yeah, and 9/11 was a fiery but mostly peaceful terrorist attack.
I figured. But So is CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, and any other TV News.

TV news is either angry talking heads trying to frame things in the most asinine of ways, or inane bullstuff that means nothing to anyone.

Maybe local news isn't so bad, but National TV News is loving atrocious.

I'm not going to link a source because... it's TV.

bro honestly. you gotta find something else to do with your time. have you heard of crochet

Crochet is actually really relaxing and calming

Im excited for joe biden to kill enemys of the state (free thinkers, republicans, etc) with this

is covid still going on

is covid still going on
There's a new variant like, every other week, so yes, it is still happening