Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 235169 times)

People who are endangered are: those who have adverse reactions to the vaccines or are allergic to them and therefore unable to get it.

A second point to that is also the fact that unvaccinated people allow the disease to mutate and form new variants. The longer the pandemic goes on, the more likely it becomes that a new strain arises which requires a new round of adjusted vaccines to combat.

new round of adjusted vaccines to combat.
Then why get a vaccine to begin with. There will ALWAYS be another virus, another variant, another mutation, if not from the unvaccinated then from the labs that made it themselves.
Why force anyone to do anything regarding virus's. If someone is afraid of it, they can take the precautions they deem fit. People have been literally doing that for decades. Past epidemics that  had a higher mortality rate and were still handled with less control than covid 19.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 04:57:34 PM by soldier101@ »

Past epidemics that  had a higher mortality rate and were still handled with less control than covid 19.
source?

source?
idk why you expect anyone on the blf to have critical thinking skills that exceed that of a turnip

Past epidemics that  had a higher mortality rate and were still handled with less control than covid 19.
so loving ahistorical

i know you guys become physically in pain when you have to go on the internet and learn about the past but please literally just google things before you speak. there are places in the us that the police would literally shoot people that where unmasked and forcefully quarantined people. there was mandatory social distancing and forceful closure of indoor events and services. these are all things that have happened before and are basic measures that people would take. the us government has even fined people for not taking smallpox vaccines. none of these measures are unprecedented but its like 90% of the us population loves to memory hole anything about history.

your comment literally is equivalent to "bro they handled the bubonic plague without restrictions and they where fine", like you do realize the bubonic plague killed like a third of the world right? we dont want to emulate any of the stuff people did before us because all those pandemics had massive casualties. are you saying we shouldnt even loving try to save anyone?

https://www.history.com/news/1918-spanish-flu-mask-wearing-resistance
https://virus.stanford.edu/uda/fluresponse.html

im begging you just read literally anything about pandemics and you will realize the immense lengths societies went to to protect the populations from plagues.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 06:59:32 PM by Aide33 »

It amazes me that we have access to a better source of information than any generation before us but people refuse to use it

Skepticism in the government is definitely a good quality to have, actively fighting against it makes you just as predictable and controllable as those that blindly follow though. The latter position is why we are at where we are today. This fear mongering is what turned this from a pandemic to an endemic, this is why the people who have been trying to end the virus are pissed off and getting aggressive.

Saying the vaccine is probably fine is an understatement, hundreds of millions of people have taken it yet the total amount of hospitalizations is less than 10k. Compare that to the unvaxxed and the data is pretty clear, the vaccine works and doesn't kill you.
government skepticism in a democracy is why government is unable to govern. it's entirely redundant

america is the only civilized part of the world where the state simply does not function on account of our ignorance and people are fed that that's somehow a good thing????? while the greatly defunct state still accepts your tax dollars and social contributions as political capital. you're owing your life to something that you dont think should work properly

Nothing I said was absolute. I said certain pandemics with higher mortality rates were handled with less control. I didnt say all pandemics. I didnt say the whole point of my post was the last sentence. None of my questions have been answered. Alot of accusations have been made on the premise of assumptions.

I said certain pandemics with higher mortality rates were handled with less control.
do you got a source doe

Nothing I said was absolute. I said certain pandemics with higher mortality rates were handled with less control. I didnt say all pandemics. I didnt say the whole point of my post was the last sentence. None of my questions have been answered. Alot of accusations have been made on the premise of assumptions.
you are 15 years old and morbidly autistic

your question was already answered numbnuts. just admit you don't know what you're talking about for forgets sake. it'll save you at least some face and you won't look like a complete jackass.

A second point to that is also the fact that unvaccinated people allow the disease to mutate and form new variants. The longer the pandemic goes on, the more likely it becomes that a new strain arises which requires a new round of adjusted vaccines to combat.
Is that a FACT that unvaccinated people allow the disease to mutate? Or is it just something that is being said to ether make people angry with unvaccinated people? Is it something being spread by the drug companies who MAKE BILLIONS on the vaccine and make MORE AND MORE with every vaccine that gets administered? Truth of the matter, the virus can mutate in anyone who gets infected, vaccinated or not. You can get infected with covid, vaccinated or not. The vaccine is designed to stop the people from dying, that's all. It is not and has never been guaranteed to stop the spread or stop you from getting sick, only to stop you from dying. People are treating the covid vaccine like the smallpox, measles, or polio vaccines which you get almost LIFETIME immunity for. Covid is more like the common cold or the flu, and we clearly haven't stopped the flu. Covid is never going away. It's here to stay. What will change is everyone will get some immunity to it one way or another by ether being infected or getting vaccinated, and it'll end up being like another version of the flu because people will have antibodies to fight it.

On the side note though, if you want to take the chance of not being vaccinated and possibly dying, that is YOUR choice. If you spread it to someone else who didn't want to be vaccinated and they die, that was THEIR choice. And if you want to bring in the argument of kids not being vaccinated, 477 kids aged 0-17 died from the flu in the 2018-2019 season, while 361 kids aged 0-17 have died from covid throughout the ENTIRE PANDEMIC. Very much appears to not be as deadly as the flu. Adults obviously are more susceptible as the immune system has a harder time fighting new unencountered infections as you get older.

All that being said, did I personally get the vaccine? Yes. (J&J) Really though, who doesn't like a 'get out of jail free' card if you've been in contact with someone with covid? Sure as heck beats quarantine/missing work.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 09:53:28 PM by stargatefan »

Is that a FACT that unvaccinated people allow the disease to mutate?
Yes, a virus that stays alive longer in someone's body has a higher chance of mutating this is disease 101.