U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 235042 times)

As a gun owner I think what Kyle did was dumb as forget, not because I feel bad for his attackers, but because he very easily could've just ended up dead if that guy with the pistol got the shot off in his face, or if the dude with the skateboard cracked his skull, or if Rosenbaum managed to turn the rifle on him. My instructor told me I shouldn't antagonize people with open carry and I agree with that, Kyle should've just let the mob burn his family's or friend's or whoever's livelihood to ash, because ultimately it's better than being dead, but there's no moral or legal obligation to be a coward, and it's possible to defend property and your life simultaneously with separate measures of force.

he deliberately, knowingly put himself in a dangerous situation lol. he wasn't passionate about protecting a used car dealership, he went there with the goal of shooting somebody

The idea that Kyle went somewhere to intentionally bait a lethal attack so he could shoot people is a stretch at best and victim blaming at worst. You're giving him too much credit. The verdict wasn't guaranteed, and he's completely destroyed his entire social and professional life before it even began. He has gained virtually nothing from this experience except probably a lifetime of mental damage, he's lucky to have escaped with his life, never mind his freedom. Lets be honest, there's much easier ways to murder people.

You're not morally obligated to give up or suspend your freedoms to "protect" murderers, the only information that's relevant here is whether or not Kyle's life was endangered by the people he shot. We don't ask victims of violence if they were "morally responsible" for their attack, that can get outrageous very quickly.

As a gun owner I think what Kyle did was dumb as forget, not because I feel bad for his attackers, but because he very easily could've just ended up dead if that guy with the pistol got the shot off in his face, or if the dude with the skateboard cracked his skull, or if Rosenbaum managed to turn the rifle on him. My instructor told me I shouldn't antagonize people with open carry and I agree with that, Kyle should've just let the mob burn his family's or friend's or whoever's livelihood to ash, because ultimately it's better than being dead, but there's no moral or legal obligation to be a coward, and it's possible to defend property and your life simultaneously with separate measures of force.

The idea that Kyle went somewhere to intentionally bait a lethal attack so he could shoot people is a stretch at best and victim blaming at worst. You're giving him too much credit. The verdict wasn't guaranteed, and he's completely destroyed his entire social and professional life before it even began. He has gained virtually nothing from this experience except probably a lifetime of mental damage, he's lucky to have escaped with his life, never mind his freedom. Lets be honest, there's much easier ways to murder people.

You're not morally obligated to give up or suspend your freedoms to "protect" murderers, the only information that's relevant here is whether or not Kyle's life was endangered by the people he shot. We don't ask victims of violence if they were "morally responsible" for their attack, that can get outrageous very quickly.
correct assessment

this whole thing has me rolling. it’s amazing how quickly progressives will sacrifice their >deeply held< principles of restorative justice to lynch a 17 year old genetic trainwreck

Kyle was a glone soldier

"Suspect described as either black or arab"
So basically the corporate media isn't going to cover it at all.
the amount of times that random twitter accounts say some event was caused by someone shouting "allah ackbar" and was not true is too high to draw any conclusions lol

see: quebec mosque shooter

wait for actual pictures of the dude first

edit: nvm there is pictures of him now
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 01:27:25 PM by Aide33 »

i mean he's guaranteed a career in political media on the right now. and he already seems to be capitalizing on that (see the tucker carlson documentary) but the "i support BLM" thing kinda flies in the face of that, i guess i dont know whether right-leaning people will actually give a stuff that he said that

i mean he's guaranteed a career in political media on the right now. and he already seems to be capitalizing on that (see the tucker carlson documentary) but the "i support BLM" thing kinda flies in the face of that, i guess i dont know whether right-leaning people will actually give a stuff that he said that
Point is mute. He made it clear he wants to be a nurse. Good luck with that. Even if there wasnt any social or monetary concerns in hiring him. His obvious PTSD would most certainly put an end to that dream.

Kyle's life is over. But that trial has proven one thing.

Arsonists, Rioters and Murderers can be shot in self defense.

Welp, I redact my psychological assessment of Kyle

One thing I will say is I love how some news articles say "Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty" and more blah blah blah info, but then say nothing about who he is or what he did, as if it was something that you were supposed to learn in school. The way I see it, if the news is too lazy to explain that, then this whole thing is clearly not important enough to even care about.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 07:56:20 PM by stargatefan »

Ghislaine Maxwell trial is underway. jurors have been selected and the trial is on track to formally begin on the 29th. it wont be televised due to it being a federal trial and mainstream media is not really talking about as expected.

if you want to listen to the trial, follow these instructions. the next trial date is November 29th, 2021 at 9am EST(?)
United States v. Ghislaine Maxwell, 20 Cr. 330 (AJN)

Members of the press and the public in the United States may access the live audio feed of the proceeding by calling 844-721-7237 and using access code 9991787.

also people have been bringing this document up a lot. newsweek told me a judge ruled it as "frivolous" and has dismissed the case, and with a list of a defendants like that i guess i cant really blame them 

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 08:55:08 AM by mod-man »

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/ahmaud-arbery-trial-jury-deliberations-wednesday

Ahmaud Arbery case: Jury finds McMichaels, Bryan guilty on felony murder charges