Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 235155 times)

We could genuinely just start with a fence. You're completely right: The average warehouse full of loving glass has more security than the average school full of small children in America. America is the only country where this handicapped stuff happens but we're hardly the only one with guns. The switz have fully automatic rifles on a may-issue permit, they've had fewer mass shootings than Australia. You can own some gnarly guns in South Africa but you don't get mega school massacre tragedies, and it could reasonably be because they just lock the damn building.

This is speaking from experience; I've lived on four continents, American public school security is insane and pants on head handicapped. In Australia I could walk around the building for lunch and most of the classes were separate buildings that you walked between. Nobody gave a stuff. Yet there was still a fence and two entries and exits that were staffed 24/7. In America, I'm basically in a loving prison cell, I have to speech check my way past 3 karens just to eat lunch in the library, and yet every time there's a mass shooting the richardhead just enters through one of 19 unlocked doors and has completely free reign of the building for 9 hours.

If your security plan involves hoping that every single individual in a pool of 300,000,000 doesn't do something evil rather than just securing your building with 500 people in it, that's beyond asinine
somebody give this man a medal. loving spot on my dude

we just really value the freedom to be not secure, probably. cause that sounds like stuff americans would disagree with on the basis of it making school feel like prison. even though the people there probably make it feel that way anyways.
yeah thats a valid point but heck lots of schools already have metal detectors (mainly alternative schools and the such for "at risk" or drop-out teens, troublemakers, etc) but also some larger schools as well. when i was in school it pretty much already felt like jail to me so i don't really see why it matters much to have them for an extra layer of security, or like crook is saying just start with a fence and designated / supervised entrances and exits. on the contrary however - this did happen at an elementary school and having metal detectors and fencing in a setting like that seems a bit too much - thats where young kids are learning and playing it shouldn't have to be all fenced up and stuff all because 1 piece of stuff decided to do something awful

Hmmmmm....

Never knew you could get thousands of dollars in financing to buy a gun lol. I do understand that removing this ability doesn't fix anything but just interesting.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 01:50:21 AM by Soukuw »

Apparently this isn't normal, but my high school had two full time cops/PSOs/armed security, idk their title. There was a bomb threat 2 miles away from our school and we went into lockdown, and we could see those two security officers slinging ARs and shotguns.

If your response to this shooting is, "We need more gun control" instead of, "If only there was a way for the school to protect itself", you are not informed enough. This shooting took place in one of the only counties in Texas where teachers can't CC. Is this a coincidence, a possible reason why Dude shot this particular school up? There are less than 150,000 schools in the country. Imagine if just TWO full time security guards were present. Do you think the outcome would be different?

Why are so many people supportive of stripping 600,000,000 guns away from Americans, but are so reluctant to give 300,000 to trained, armed personnel?

when strangers consistently murder or kidnap humans, the relatives and neighbors get fed up and form their own defense militia. united states law takes between months and decades to take action and make effective progress towards solving social problems such as mass shootings. personal defense & hired security operate swifter than lawyers do. the demand for security increases and the laws will adjust accordingly to incentivize it. armed guards in schools may become a norm in the future.

my question to you all is why does this only happen in the usa?

It doesn't. It happens in Europe as well. As for Flash Mobs, it happens literally everywhere, and can prove to be even deadlier than one carried out via firearm.

no
https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/25/texas-elementary-school-shooting-uvalde/

Police officers who didn't immediately go in and apprehend or stop the shooter?? Thats not what I'm asking. Two full time security guards. You know, ones that are actually in the building. Ones that will actually lock the front entrance.

-snip-
Hmmmmm....

Never knew you could get thousands of dollars in financing to buy a gun lol. I do understand that removing this ability doesn't fix anything but just interesting.
Lol loving imagine buying a 2k DD on finance, imagine having poor taste and being poor that you think DD is worth the hassle of financing it.

Police officers who didn't immediately go in and apprehend or stop the shooter?? Thats not what I'm asking. Two full time security guards. You know, ones that are actually in the building. Ones that will actually lock the front entrance.
...if the police wouldnt go in why do you think security guards who are probably paid even less would want to risk their lives

yeah thats a valid point but heck lots of schools already have metal detectors (mainly alternative schools and the such for "at risk" or drop-out teens, troublemakers, etc) but also some larger schools as well. when i was in school it pretty much already felt like jail to me so i don't really see why it matters much to have them for an extra layer of security, or like crook is saying just start with a fence and designated / supervised entrances and exits. on the contrary however - this did happen at an elementary school and having metal detectors and fencing in a setting like that seems a bit too much - thats where young kids are learning and playing it shouldn't have to be all fenced up and stuff all because 1 piece of stuff decided to do something awful
metal detectors do nothing for honor students who walk onto campus kitted out ready to go, like this last one. the problem was they were able to get onto the campus relatively easily before anyone could sound the alarm. a locked door/closed fenced off area would do better at literally holding them back long enough for someone to get the alarm out.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 10:42:12 AM by Conan »

Remember that part where the police didn't go inside then attempted to tase and arrest the parents who did? Good times, Warren vs. DC really shining today

Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw said at the press conference that the shooter approached a back door of the school and was confronted by a school resource officer who "engaged him at that time" but "the subject was able to make it into the school." It's unclear whether the school officer and the gunman exchanged gunfire.
We do not know what happened entirely unless someone finds more information. We do know that apparently the two came face to face and security failed. You gotta read an article, this isn't just another school shooting where stuff went down at the school first. The cops were already on red alert when he was heading for the school. The police failed entirely.

A School Resource Officer is security in its current form, they are there to do any and everything a real police officer does. Do I think this job was probably pawned off onto paul blart though? Probably.

It doesn't. It happens in Europe as well. As for Flash Mobs, it happens literally everywhere, and can prove to be even deadlier than one carried out via firearm.
you are literally just wrong, the USA has had 288 school shootings since 2009 and the next runner up is mexico with 8.

I'm not saying school shootings don't happen elsewhere, I'm asking as to why school shootings happen at an insanely high rate in the US.

Mental healthcare in the usa.

Mental health isnt taken into consideration that much until you've already had a incident (or multiple) in the US.
Finding and treating volatile individuals is not a priority in the current healthcare system.

Schools are not always the target but for volatile individuals they have the highest chance of making a headline, causing more to target schools.

imagine having poor taste and being poor that you think DD is worth the hassle of financing it.
Also this all the way.

...if the police wouldnt go in why do you think security guards who are probably paid even less would want to risk their lives

If you're in a building with an active shooter at the entrance, would you make any attempt to put them down?

you are literally just wrong, the USA has had 288 school shootings since 2009 and the next runner up is mexico with 8.

I'm not saying school shootings don't happen elsewhere, I'm asking as to why school shootings happen at an insanely high rate in the US.
You're asking why it doesn't happen elsewhere, I'm informing you that it does. I'm not saying its to the same degree. Russia and Norway had some in the past few years, just examples of ones coming to mind.

Police officers who didn't immediately go in and apprehend or stop the shooter??
first of all yeah. yes. that's what they are hired to do. secondly, I'm not even talking about them going in, a cop literally confronted the shooter before he forgetin did anything. and just... let him go? apparently?
Two full time security guards. You know, ones that are actually in the building. Ones that will actually lock the front entrance.
so what you think is that locking the door would've saved those kids. you think that locked doors are are an insurmountable obstacle to prospective Flash Mobers
If you're in a building with an active shooter at the entrance, would you make any attempt to put them down?
no probably not. but I'm not a cop. it's literally their loving job. explain to me what's the forgetin point of having police if they're not willing to risk their lives to save 19 children