U.S.A. Politics Thread

Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 235147 times)

anyways in other news, tesla stock is loving tanking and elon is blaming everyone and anything to try to get himself out of the twitter deal because if the stock hits the low 500s he will default on all the loans and lose literally everything
what forces him to default at low 500’s? cant he hodl out for it to go back up?

what forces him to default at low 500’s? cant he hodl out for it to go back up?
its some clause in the loans he's taking out. his tesla stock is collateral for the loans so if the collateral falls below some value threshold he needs to sell to stem the bleeding

I guess? I'm not very convinced on the closet skeletons. Wouldn't that logic imply he's done worse things? Either way, defection with the voting republicans is still there.

<spam removed>

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 12:14:56 PM by Badspot »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/suspected-shooter-at-texas-elementary-school-in-custody-after-incident-11653422735

Texas honor student kills children!!!
Doesn't that make you feel bad?
Guns are murder tools to kill children, you're going to give them up aren't you?
You're not a child murder sympathizer are you?

God it didn't take long for the crocodile tears from the media to come out in droves.
Where's this dedication to the murders caused by Illegal Immigrants?

"there is nothing we can do to stop these children from dying, buy more guns citizens! surely putting more guns out in the wild will keep curbing gun violence" - politicians that have taken millions of dollars in NRA donations

school shootings are so bizarre to me, I'd think that if someone were ready to give their life for dumb media attention they'd try to kill the president or something stupid like that
<spam removed>

User was banned for this post
good ending

still the only country where this happens regularly. I mean what's your theory. what do you think is different about the US that leads to this if not the prevalence of firearms

amazon hires armed security for deposits & expensive shipments. most schools in the US have less security than one amazon truck carrying hard drives. putting guns within 1000 feet of schoolchildren has many issues but it really makes you wonder if one armed trained guard would've been enough to stop the elementary school shooting before it began.

violence of this caliber isn't surprising anymore; psychopaths exist in numbers greater than 1% of the human population. with that much potential for one person to massacre a room of toddlers you really have to start thinking libertarian. many years ago I would've felt personally offended by the idea of having teachers with guns or school security guards. now i'm considering personally paying for hired guns to ensure the safety of my future children in school, if homeschooling isnt an option
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 11:55:27 PM by PhantOS »

amazon hires armed security for deposits & expensive shipments. most schools in the US have less security than one amazon truck carrying hard drives. putting guns within 1000 feet of schoolchildren has many issues but it really makes you wonder if one armed trained guard would've been enough to stop the elementary school shooting before it began.

violence of this caliber isn't surprising anymore; psychopaths exist in numbers greater than 1% of the human population. with that much potential for one person to massacre a room of toddlers you really have to start thinking libertarian. many years ago I would've felt personally offended by the idea of having teachers with guns or school security guards. now i'm considering personally paying for hired guns to ensure the safety of my future children in school, if homeschooling isnt an option
The mental health crCIA is a really sad state of affairs for the world.

sometimes i wonder if these Hardcore Gamers are secretly hitman and a high bidder placed a hefty price on the victims' heads. maybe one of the student's parents owe a lot of money and they need to send a message. people have taken schools full of children hostage and even killed more if the price tag demanded it. the fact that some people can shoot up a school for free is the scariest part, because you can never truly tell if they are motivated by money or infamy or emotional sadism. in the end, any end justifies the means when the means (humans) are worth nothing to you

from one perspective it's a matter of mental health. from my perspective it's just brutal pragmatism, and this texas honor student could've been a cartel sicario or a drug dealer in another life and would've done way more damage wholistically to the human population. as terrible as it is that 14+ toddlers had their life cut short, its possible that the shooter's spergout could've saved many more lives than he took; his richardheadedness would've hurt more people if he worked for a criminal organization.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 03:31:12 AM by PhantOS »

We'll dish out billions to Ukraine and other foreign countries, but we can't hire TWO armed guards in schools? For reference, there are less than 150,000 schools in the entire country. I don't get it. I had amazing teachers in high school who possessed CCW permits but aren't allowed to carry on premises. Why should be forbid them to?

"there is nothing we can do to stop these children from dying, buy more guns citizens! surely putting more guns out in the wild will keep curbing gun violence" - politicians that have taken millions of dollars in NRA donations

More like "we keep having criminals shooting the innocent, better make it even morr illegal for people to be able to defend themselves."

But if we're going full emotion as the media is.

forget OFF with your crocodile tears MSM. You're not sad. You're glad. Finally you can rip the guns from the hands of Americans. You've pushed and propped up this victimization mindset. It's been enforced from school to employmement.

"Fighting back will get you punished, just tell a teacher!!!" This is plain and simple manipulation. Setting people up to fail. You will not fight back, only the government is allowed to defend for you.

The solution to helplessness is not the make people more helpless. Train teachers to fight, by guns and fist.

These shootings would stop fast if these jackasses knew their little 'kill count' was going to be -1 as soon as they stepped in the front door and had their thoughts put on display all over the pavement.

amazon hires armed security for deposits & expensive shipments. most schools in the US have less security than one amazon truck carrying hard drives. putting guns within 1000 feet of schoolchildren has many issues but it really makes you wonder if one armed trained guard would've been enough to stop the elementary school shooting before it began
We could genuinely just start with a fence. You're completely right: The average warehouse full of loving glass has more security than the average school full of small children in America. America is the only country where this handicapped stuff happens but we're hardly the only one with guns. The switz have fully automatic rifles on a may-issue permit, they've had fewer mass shootings than Australia. You can own some gnarly guns in South Africa but you don't get mega school massacre tragedies, and it could reasonably be because they just lock the damn building.

This is speaking from experience; I've lived on four continents, American public school security is insane and pants on head handicapped. In Australia I could walk around the building for lunch and most of the classes were separate buildings that you walked between. Nobody gave a stuff. Yet there was still a fence and two entries and exits that were staffed 24/7. In America, I'm basically in a loving prison cell, I have to speech check my way past 3 karens just to eat lunch in the library, and yet every time there's a mass shooting the richardhead just enters through one of 19 unlocked doors and has completely free reign of the building for 9 hours.

If your security plan involves hoping that every single individual in a pool of 300,000,000 doesn't do something evil rather than just securing your building with 500 people in it, that's beyond asinine, and that's hardly a partisan take. People on this side of the fence have a very "move bikini bottom somewhere else"-esque mindset.

we just really value the freedom to be not secure, probably. cause that sounds like stuff americans would disagree with on the basis of it making school feel like prison. even though the people there probably make it feel that way anyways.