Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 234998 times)

Thank goodness, I was wondering why Annoying Orange hadn't already been investigated after attempting a coup.

Such an abuse of power for the FBI not to ask permission to search for a potential security risk.

now do bush and rumsfeld and clinton

now do bush and rumsfeld and clinton

And Obama, don't forget the countless innocent civilians carelessly killed in his drone war

Edit: to clarify I'm not kidding, there are so many people in the federal government past and present who should be facing legal consequences for their actions and decisions while in power- especially Annoying Orange and his coup
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 12:57:27 PM by Swholli »

And Obama, don't forget the countless innocent civilians carelessly killed in his drone war

Edit: to clarify I'm not kidding, there are so many people in the federal government past and present who should be facing legal consequences for their actions and decisions while in power
not gonna happen anytime soon. so long as feds like Timothy Thibault are allowed to operate they will continue to work with all means (media and big tech) to supress anything thats not Annoying Orange related

(fun fact, timothy scrubbed his linkedin off the internet recently. i cant possibly imagine why :0000)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 01:47:58 PM by mod-man »

charges against rick snyder were quietly dropped last month

why is everyone mad at DT getting raided who the forget cares

why is everyone mad at DT getting raided who the forget cares
Because the venn diagram for people that think Donald Annoying Orange won the election and the people angry at this is just a circle.

most of the drone strikes armies authorize do not have reported civilians at the time of authorization. most drone collateral is caused by bad/incomplete communication between recon teams, drone operators, ordinance operators and the people above them in rank that authorize the attack.

leaders are in a unique position where they have the power to change the world but must also take responsibility for how it changes. however, presidents aren't the only people in an army with that power. even someone like putin, who most of the world hates right now, isn't directly responsible for the artillery strikes that killed civilians. the direct responsibility falls on the ground and air crews that misidentified civilians as military targets. someone like him is indirectly responsible for authorizing and publicizing the war, but war is war and once it's started it goes sideways fast. ground units get hit by accurate fire, call artillery assistance on the position they think they're taking fire from. these positions range over several km until they narrow their targets and score an accurate hit. civilians hiding in their homes, operating vehicles or carrying long items that can be misidentified as weapons tend to be killed before anyone even realizes they are civilians. these tough decisions become even tougher during asymmetrical warfare, as anyone driving a car or even walking could carry an IED or report your position to enemies.

obama authorized the use of thousands of hellfire missiles during the waning days of the war on terror. most of these quarter million dollar missiles were good hits on enemy armor and infantry. a few of them were bad hits on civilians, and at least three were friendly fire hits on US ground vehicles. he can't be directly responsible for the mistakes of ground crew with hundreds of ranks of separation between them, nor the gunner who launched the missile on bad information reported over their comms. however, these kinds of mistakes should be planned for and targets properly investigated before the strikes. leaving ground units to take fire and report incorrect coordinates under this intense fire is very irresponsible.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 03:37:07 PM by PhantOS »

The president as commander in chief signs off all military orders and as such "the buck stops here" in who to blame for the bad ones.

Secondly, you're completely ignoring the US backed Saudi attack on Yemen in which Obama sold $1.29 bil in smart bombs that, and I quote the human rights watch:

the U.N. had documented that the war had killed 2,355 civilians and wounded 4,862, the majority in coalition airstrikes. In the nearly two dozen strikes that we have investigated on the ground, we collected the names of more than 300 civilians who died, many of them children.

A few casualties is one thing, you and your administration killing thousands and wounding thousands more, a lot who were children, all civilians, is in my opinion at least worth looking into.

But we're the US so no one calls us on it for some reason

trummp didnt do anything wrong  :panda:

Thank goodness, I was wondering why Annoying Orange hadn't already been investigated after attempting a coup.
sky is green

reactionaries are always like "I love cops and cops always do the right thing" until cops do something that doesn't benefit them
Cops are bad except the ATF I love those guys

The president as commander in chief signs off all military orders and as such "the buck stops here" in who to blame for the bad ones.

Secondly, you're completely ignoring the US backed Saudi attack on Yemen in which Obama sold $1.29 bil in smart bombs that, and I quote the human rights watch:

A few casualties is one thing, you and your administration killing thousands and wounding thousands more, a lot who were children, all civilians, is in my opinion at least worth looking into.

But we're the US so no one calls us on it for some reason
the US is a country built on the arms trade. was this $1.29 bil deal completed before or after the civilian bombings? if after, an investigation is definitely necessary. if before, you can only blame the us government for arming them, but the saidi coalition soldiers were the ones who pulled the trigger. ironically, the US also funded and armed the opposing forces of the civil war, which also committed several atrocities against civilians.

houthi fighters are a guerilla force and guerilla warfare prompts some of the worst humanitarian crises in history. its hard to accurately deliver ordinance to a target that routinely shoots and scoots behind the cover of a civilian population. armies have to make a tough call between endangering their soldiers or conducting less-than-ideal strikes on enemies hidden deep within towns and cities. it never excuses the mass killing of civilians, but stresses the need for more surgical weapons such as the US's prototype ninja hellfires which shred targets with minimal collateral damage.

all modern militaries should have a dedicated sector to preventing collateral and civilian casualties, but it's never properly funded or explored in wars where show of force and shock and awe are the invading forces' MO. for example, a mass civilian evacuation plan is impossible for armies that need a first-strike advantage to achieve their objective. letting the hostile force know exactly which cities and towns you plan on attacking is counterproductive and can potentially lead to more soldier casualties than a highly classified ambush operation.

war is hell, and the laws of war are routinely violated by all forces involved in combat. armies do the best they can to court martial war criminals after combat, but doing so during combat isn't possible when you need every soldier to be combat-effective and mobile. these decisions happen further down the pecking order than presidents or leaders are able to control.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 06:26:08 PM by PhantOS »