Author Topic: Filipe1020's Add-Ons Development Topic - Locked  (Read 37490 times)

Big update on the Dalton Royale! A New 4 door variant is in the works.

And of course, a convertible roof option!

Plus, a police variant with a functional siren that has a spinning animation!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 10:23:13 PM by Filipe »

Epic blockland vehicles, for real.

could you or nighthawk please make either 96 firebird or a 71 ford thunderbird

pics for reference:

96 firebird (t top with flip up head lights)

71 ford thunderbird (but with white hard-top and interior)

I like the little lighting thing on your police light!

Epic blockland vehicles, for real.

could you or nighthawk please make either 96 firebird or a 71 ford thunderbird

pics for reference:

96 firebird (t top with flip up head lights)
PM'd you

Also ontopic: loveY
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 07:40:45 PM by Night_Hawk »

Good news everyone! The Cordillera, Royale and Jimmy Neutron's Rocket vehicles are officially released! Here is the released add-ons topic, they're available on the Blockland Online website and soon on Blockland Glass, enjoy!
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=326789.0

Here's a new update everyone! The Hydric Police variant is in development and it works just like the Royale Police, but this one has two lights!

Also brand new wheels for the Carrera Widebody! These are based on the Work Brombacher wheels, often used in Rauh-Welt tuned Porsche 911 cars, plus rollcage and racing steering wheel.

Also I'm working on a small update for the Royale and the Cordillera to fix those following issues (Thanks to NightHawk for the advice and for pointing them out!) And don't worry the other cars that will be released soon will come with those fixes included:
  • Fixed the delay when switching lights, it works instantly now
  • Daytime running lights won't turn on when you first get in the car anymore.
  • Removed lines of code that were not in use
  • Reduced acceleration of the Cordillera, it was too exaggerated, it's now more realistic.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 09:48:21 PM by Filipe »

now there's RWB porsche's in blockland? what else have I missed?

BLACKBIRD PORSCHE

Anyways, Filipe, I had a question, I was wondering if you've ever thought of doing a revamp of the beloved Hachiroku?

For one, since Nighthawk made a fake Toyota company called Hachi, maybe now the car can be called the "Hachi" "Roku" (eh? eh?)? I mean it makes sense lol since they're both Toyota.

But yeah, maybe just a slight revamp? Possibly a colorable interior (like if you wanted to do the maroon, beige, or blue interiors) too, and of course the standards of new cars such as running lights and turn signals?

Apart from that, I'm loving your work, and the new Carrera and Hydric look promising. Is the Hydric gonna have engine sounds like its predecessor?

BLACKBIRD PORSCHE

Anyways, Filipe, I had a question, I was wondering if you've ever thought of doing a revamp of the beloved Hachiroku?

For one, since Nighthawk made a fake Toyota company called Hachi, maybe now the car can be called the "Hachi" "Roku" (eh? eh?)? I mean it makes sense lol since they're both Toyota.

But yeah, maybe just a slight revamp? Possibly a colorable interior (like if you wanted to do the maroon, beige, or blue interiors) too, and of course the standards of new cars such as running lights and turn signals?

Apart from that, I'm loving your work, and the new Carrera and Hydric look promising. Is the Hydric gonna have engine sounds like its predecessor?
Yes the Hachiroku will be in the next batch where it will receive an update, one of which are doorlines which are absent in it's current released version, plus the new lights system like you said, not sure about adding the Hachi brand on it because the original AE86 don't even use toyota badges either.

Also no I'm not using engine sounds anymore because the old script was terrible, unless we figure out a new way for engine sounds to work with sounds that can change pitch according to the speed, but I have to see if anyone can figure that out.

unless we figure out a new way for engine sounds to work with sounds that can change pitch according to the speed, but I have to see if anyone can figure that out.
My best approach (if I knew how to do it) was to map the pitch of the engine sound to the speed of the car using a speed-check function, however I do not know if pitch manipulation exists in the Torque engine.

Even if it does, you would have to scale the pitch accordingly to the speed of the car using a percent formula below, and have that value be the value of the pitch.

Pitch = (maxWheelSpeed - currentWheelSpeed) / maxWheelSpeed. Which should return a value anywhere between 0 and 1

Yes the Hachiroku will be in the next batch where it will receive an update, one of which are doorlines which are absent in it's current released version, plus the new lights system like you said, not sure about adding the Hachi brand on it because the original AE86 don't even use toyota badges either.

Also no I'm not using engine sounds anymore because the old script was terrible, unless we figure out a new way for engine sounds to work with sounds that can change pitch according to the speed, but I have to see if anyone can figure that out.
Yeah it does. The AE86 has the Toyota badge on the rear (well not the logo but the word TOYOTA), and on the steering wheel too.

My best approach (if I knew how to do it) was to map the pitch of the engine sound to the speed of the car using a speed-check function, however I do not know if pitch manipulation exists in the Torque engine.

Even if it does, you would have to scale the pitch accordingly to the speed of the car using a percent formula below, and have that value be the value of the pitch.

Pitch = (maxWheelSpeed - currentWheelSpeed) / maxWheelSpeed. Which should return a value anywhere between 0 and 1
In terms of sound, I swear to god there was a video around here somewhere of a dynamic engine sound thing someone made, it wasn't publicly available but it was still a thing. It had the Freestyle Buggy.